Damn

While I certainly think Obama can win the nomination, I am not sure that he would select Edwards. Would Edwards even want to be in the VP slot again?

As for that being progressive.... Obama I believe would lead us to progress. Edwards is a class warfare tool that is REGRESSIVE, not progressive.

Edwards KNOWS how to beat the corporate lawyers and has. They are the ones who are making it possible for the Corporations to use and abuse the American public. He knows the law inside and out.

While I certainly think Obama can win the nomination, I am not sure that he would select Edwards. Would Edwards even want to be in the VP slot again?

As for that being progressive.... Obama I believe would lead us to progress. Edwards is a class warfare tool that is REGRESSIVE, not progressive.

Edwards has the absolute right to the point correct message and it's way past time that Americans stop celebrating our own demise. Nothing is more clear about the failures and deceptions of the Bush Administration than the knowledge that the corporate will has replaced the will of the people. Corporations MUST be reigned in and the best interests of the people of the United States MUST be considered most paramount.

Whatever shit Top has to take over Hillary, and he’s got it all coming and then some…he has always said he would support whoever the democrats nominated in the end.

Edwards has the absolute right to the point correct message and it's way past time that Americans stop celebrating our own demise. Nothing is more clear about the failures and deceptions of the Bush Administration than the knowledge that the corporate will has replaced the will of the people. Corporations MUST be reigned in and the best interests of the people of the United States MUST be considered most paramount.

Whatever, like the Dems don't get bought by Corporations, Lawyers and Labor unions. Give me a break, Unless we set laws to keep politics out of the economy both sides will continue to get bought and we get less choices and higher prices. Only a Libertarian minded politician will ever actually do this as they are the only ones that want the Government out of the economy. The idea that any politician votes on the good of the people over the good of their political clout is bogus.

Whatever, like the Dems don't get bought by Corporations, Lawyers and Labor unions. Give me a break, Unless we set laws to keep politics out of the economy both sides will continue to get bought and we get less choices and higher prices. Only a Libertarian minded politician will ever actually do this as they are the only ones that want the Government out of the economy. The idea that any politician votes on the good of the people over the good of their political clout is bogus.

If what you say were true then nothing good has ever come out of US politics .. which is apparently and outrageously untrue and unfounded.

No one wants the baggage of libertarian thought .. but libertarians .. and many of them for only a while.

I had a couple of very nice young women knock at my door the other day and asked me if I was going to support Clinton. I looked at them and said I will caucus for everyone other than Clinton and told them I was sorry but Hillary was part of the problem. Their faces told the story. You could see it in their faces that they had been hearing it all day long. I truely felt sorry for them.
And it is happening all over. Fer Chrissakes the woman could not carry the woman vote yesterday. Obama did 5% better with women overall and even better than that with younger women. Obama is the future of the democratic party. I fear RS is right with regards to the growing federal government under ANY democrat but I don't see the Repubs being a better choice if recent history has any bearing, on reducing the federal government either. Hell the federal law enforcement population itself multiplies like a gremlin in a shower. What Obama does do is not rely on fear and division to win an election. Hell I listened to a McCain supporter today on MSNBC and one the first things she said is "Something bad could happen any day" as a reason to vote for McCain. The Republican campaign is still "YOu all should be really afraid and if you don't vote for us we are all going to die". YOu would think even republicans would be tired of that same old song and dance.

I also think an Obama presidency would leave our detractors scratching their heads. They would think, What the fuck? They just elected a black man?

Yes any politicain will be under pressure of being bought, Even Libertarians.

Dems have a platform which makes it harder to buy them. When lthey get bought the people can see it and can chose not to vote for them. Rs have a current platform which is in the bag for the Corps. Easy to buy and hard for their constituents to see it as a buy.

Change the R platform.

If what you say were true then nothing good has ever come out of US politics .. which is apparently and outrageously untrue and unfounded.

No one wants the baggage of libertarian thought .. but libertarians .. and many of them for only a while.

I said the economy, ie where the corporations are. The US has a good track record in keeping rule of law, democracy and defense. It has a terrible track record in the economy {decreasing the money supply in the great depression, stagflation, regulations to favor corporate inyterests ect}. The idea that politics will take the corporations out of politics is bogus and will never happen. Only when people realize that the best thing is to keep the Government out of the economic sphere so the common person don't get fucked by greedy politicians {whom act in thier own self interest} and Corporations {who love to use Government to lower their compitition}.

I think there are about 16 black people in the entire state of Iowa .. which makes Obama's win even more important as it answers the question of would whites vote for him.

Im glad you all are jumping on for obama. This guy could be the next great leader. Not such a fucking shifty politician like the Clinton's.

I think there are about 16 black people in the entire state of Iowa .. which makes Obama's win even more important as it answers the question of would whites vote for him.
I told you whites would vote for him. That if he loses it was because of policy and not because of pigmentation.

Yes any politicain will be under pressure of being bought, Even Libertarians.

Dems have a platform which makes it harder to buy them. When lthey get bought the people can see it and can chose not to vote for them. Rs have a current platform which is in the bag for the Corps. Easy to buy and hard for their constituents to see it as a buy.

Change the R platform.

What specifically makes the Dems harder to buy? (Besides the fact that it was the right thing to do) what made usual liberal Charles Schumer fight against the new tax on hedge funds? Seeing that a lot of people on Wall Street supports the Democrats would you say Wall Street doesn't have much money or influence?

I said the economy, ie where the corporations are. The US has a good track record in keeping rule of law, democracy and defense. It has a terrible track record in the economy {decreasing the money supply in the great depression, stagflation, regulations to favor corporate inyterests ect}. The idea that politics will take the corporations out of politics is bogus and will never happen. Only when people realize that the best thing is to keep the Government out of the economic sphere so the common person don't get fucked by greedy politicians {whom act in thier own self interest} and Corporations {who love to use Government to lower their compitition}.

One of the best ways to ensure corporations get even mopre power and control of government is to elect a liberatrian that doesn't understand the notion of a "free market" is pure Dr. Suess. Mixed economies and mixed markets have proven to be best for democracies. The government has a critical role in the discipline of corporations.

The US has historically had some of the best economies in the world .. what we need is better management and policies directed inward.

Bac let me ask you something. Going on your premise here, which I believe is not even arguable though many libertarians will argue it, do you believe that a guy with 100 mil in campaign contributions who has already said that part of uniting this country will be giving big pharma and the insurance industries a seat at the table, is the guy to do it? Because I think that those industries aren’t going to negotiate away their profits at some happy table, though I clearly understand they already bought a place at Obama’s table just as they bought one at Hillarys. And I believe that “uniting the country” has come to mean let’s all come together and give the Republicans what they want.

See, I think we have a fight to the death on our hands in this country, and I fear anyone who doesn’t understand that is going to get run over, and fast.

I’d love to be wrong.

Back