Dear CHRISTIANS-How will this marriage destroy traditional marriage?

As I said earlier, our definition of marriage has changed in this country within the last century. Up until the mid sixties, in many states in the USA, marriage was defined as a union between a man and a woman of the same race. We changed that. We can change it again if we want to... and, imho, it is only a matter of time before we do. The tide is turning and turning rapidly on this issue. It was only as far back as 1969 when gays were thrown in jail in NYC for public displays of affection. A little more than 40 years later, and they are getting married in that same city. Gay marriage is legal in several states and public opinion polls show a huge shift in favor of gay marriage in just the past decade.

As I said earlier, our definition of marriage has changed in this country within the last century. Up until the mid sixties, in many states in the USA, marriage was defined as a union between a man and a woman of the same race. We changed that. We can change it again if we want to... and, imho, it is only a matter of time before we do. The tide is turning and turning rapidly on this issue. It was only as far back as 1969 when gays were thrown in jail in NYC for public displays of affection. A little more than 40 years later, and they are getting married in that same city. Gay marriage is legal in several states and public opinion polls show a huge shift in favor of gay marriage in just the past decade.

No, the definition of marriage has not changed in the last century. The definition is being deliberately charged and forced on us in the last few years.

No, the definition of marriage has not changed in the last century. The definition is being deliberately charged and forced on us in the last few years.

south of the mason dixon line, marriage used to be defined as the union of a man and a woman of the same race. It most certainly has changed. sorry.

Read up on Loving v. Virginia.... interesting stuff.

Sure it has, it can be dissolved much much more easily than it could be 100 years ago, and women have many many more rights than they had in marriage 100 years ago.

Will Zappy and Christie and Rana be asking us "how does not baking for homosexuals have any effect on you".........well, maybe not...

It's been 15+ pages and I still haven't gotten a definitive answer from anyone about how gay marriage is going to destroy the family unit.

so we can ignore those laws that the gays are seeking to enforce regarding marriage rights?......doesn't that sort of undermine their purpose in pursuing them?.....

You cant ignore the law, but you don't have to personally believe that the laws are good and you don't have to personally believe the people are married.

This isn't about race. Yes, some racists Democrats didn't want niggers (your term, not mine) to marry their daughters.

Marriage has never been defined to include two gays.

Back