Dear CHRISTIANS-How will this marriage destroy traditional marriage?

Because its a tradition.

Traditions change, especially those that discriminate, thank goodness we are evolving.

It was tradition that blacks had separate schools, restaurants and water fountains, but thankfully that was changed.

just do some basic trend analysis and imagine where those numbers will be ten years from now.... just imagine how many MORE states will have legalized gay marriage by then. It's no longer a matter of "if", just "when".

Traditions change, especially those that discriminate, thank goodness we are evolving.

It was tradition that blacks had separate schools, restaurants and water fountains, but thankfully that was changed.

Some traditions benefit society, others don't. Liberals can't understand the difference.

Because the word "marriage" has a traditional meaning.

Your two examples are not examples of "what two people do in private".

So what if "marriage" has a 'traditional" meaning?

Traditions change...meanings change.

That's because you doubted my claim that people are out there claiming gay marriage will be the downfall of society, and you asked for examples of people claiming gay marriage would destroy traditional marriage and the traditional family unit...which I provided.

You haven't shown any evidence that gay marriage will harm society.
I never said it would. My position is that marriage is a state licensing issue, and it is up to the individual states to decide if it is prudent to license certain activities. Most have decided, in the case of gay marriage, that it is not.

Some state legislatures as well as voters themselves have been usurped by activist judges. I suppose that makes you happy.

1. Yes it does, since traditional married is the backbone of a polite society.
2. No it's not, since you don't have to be married to do whatever it is they do in private.

There is no proof that "traditional marriage" is necessary for a polite society and marriage has gone through many changes in the past several hundred years. The founders rebelled against traditions of arranged marriages, based on caste, for romantic love.

The state has no interest in promoting a polite society. It is even prohibited from it in many ways. For instance, the first amendment gives me the right to tell you or anyone else "to suck my balls." It's not very polite but protected by the first amendment.

This notion would make the state's interest so expansive as to be totalitarian, which is exactly what social conservatives are.

The discrimination is based on what they do in private. I did not say it prevents what they can do in private.

A tradition begun by southern democrats. You should be proud.

So what if "marriage" has a 'traditional" meaning?

Traditions change...meanings change.

That's because you doubted my claim that people are out there claiming gay marriage will be the downfall of society, and you asked for examples of people claiming gay marriage would destroy traditional marriage and the traditional family unit...which I provided.

That's two "so what's" and both from leftist trash. And you want to run my heath care? So what?

Back