Dear CHRISTIANS-How will this marriage destroy traditional marriage?

I don't think that the meaning of liberal has changed all that much. My dad was a liberal democrat in the Adlai Stevenson/Hubert Humphrey tradition... I followed in his footsteps and share his political philosophy. He was for all those things that liberals have been for all of the past century... I have been for as long as I have been politically aware - and, in my family, that was pretty early - and I have remained as liberal as I was then all the way to today.... For me, liberalism is constantly moving, but, not really changing, per se.

You should educate yourself on what the contemporary meaning is. Because with today's meaning, there is no way one could be considered both a liberal and a patriot. You'll have to pick one.

You seem to want me to repeat myself a third time. Surely you can't be that dense...

conservatives today are much the same as conservatives were a century ago, they are merely fighting to conserve different things, because the things they were fighting to conserve a century ago, like no women voting and no blacks voting and kids working in sweat shops... all those things that they tried to "conserve" got washed away by liberalism. Today they are fighting to conserve different stuff, but they will fail in their attempts, just like they did last century. sorry.

conservatives today are much the same as conservatives were a century ago, they are merely fighting to conserve different things, because the things they were fighting to conserve a century ago, like no women voting and no blacks voting and kids working in sweat shops... all those things that they tried to "conserve" got washed away by liberalism. Today they are fighting to conserve different stuff, but they will fail in their attempts, just like they did last century. sorry.

That's an interesting definition of conservatism. Too bad it's not the definition conservatives use to describe themselves.

not at all. I refuse to let people who do not share my political philosophy label me with pejoratives. You need to get your political education from some folks more intellectually grounded than Limbaugh and Hannity, imo.

That's an interesting definition of conservatism. Too bad it's not the definition conservatives use to describe themselves.

I wouldn't want to own up to that loser reputation either. But the fact of the matter is: conservatives in America opposed all those initiatives... and liberals were for them all.

not at all. I refuse to let people who do not share my political philosophy label me with pejoratives. You need to get your political education from some folks more intellectually grounded than Limbaugh and Hannity, imo.

:rofl2: I've received my political education by reading Madison, Hamilton, Jay, Jefferson, Novak, and Zak....

I suppose Mr. right will try to tell us that conservatives today are DIFFERENT than conservatives were last century.

I wouldn't want to own up to that loser reputation either. But the fact of the matter is: conservatives in America opposed all those initiatives... and liberals were for them all.

Here's another interesting fact: Contemporary Conservatives support limited government as intended by the Founders; contemporary Liberals support usurpation of it by "creative interpretation".

Back