Dems Continue to Rehabilitate and Unify With Bush-Era Neocons

None of this is about trying to convince you about anything Putin. You seem to prefer his way over your own country .. your words.

Sanctions are meant to punish .. and ..

The sanctions have, over the past two years, wiped out one third of the operating profit, half of the assets, and one third of the staff in some targeted Russian firms, a new study by the US state department said.

If you think that doesn't hurt .. that's on you.

My posts on this are meant to contradict what you say about Putin and Russia. Not meant to convince you of anything.
"sanctions are meant to punish"..that's ridiculous. It's an extension of Cold War 2 mentality which you have bought into hook line and sinker. Punishing Putin is (apparently) an end to itself..lol. That's"zero sum game" mentality.

Why do you punish ANYONE except to change their behavior???
Unless one is part of the Marquis de Sade school of geo-politics that is pure Russiaphobia. *kick the dog*

"We hate the Russians because they act in their own interests"
Yet we can't deal with Putin because improving relations might improve Russia's as well as the west's ? :rolleyes:

You seem to prefer his way over your own country .. your words.
I prefer GETTING THINGS DONE, and the American government can't do it under Trump or Obama.
Brain dead partisanship insures it's not going to change..my point

If Putin wasn't influenced, he wouldn't have a legion of lobbyists and agents pushing for sanctions relief. If he wants to hurt Russia, that's on him and not America. The Russian people will either tolerate or they won't.

The alternative is basically ZERO consequences and endless enabling of Putin -- one saggy-titted bald man with delusions of grandeur.
no his behavior isn't influenced at all. hurting Russia is not influencing Putin.

Th alternative is improving relations so both parties can make gains.
That doesn't square with your blind hatred, but adults should be able to act beyond satisfying their hate.

no his behavior isn't influenced at all. hurting Russia is not influencing Putin.

Th alternative is improving relations so both parties can make gains.
That doesn't square with your blind hatred, but adults should be able to act beyond satisfying their hate.

Why doesn't the saggy-titted Putin move towards better behavior? He can get those sanctions lifted pretty easily if he did so.

Why doesn't the saggy-titted Putin move towards better behavior? He can get those sanctions lifted pretty easily if he did so.
because he's made enormous gains. He's solidified keeping Sevastopol access and defanging Kyiv's NATO tilt.
It was a shitty way to do it -annexation and warring in Donbass- but he played those gambits and won big

realpolitik means you play the chessboard the way the pieces are placed.

"sanctions are meant to punish"..that's ridiculous. It's an extension of Cold War 2 mentality which you have bought into hook line and sinker. Punishing Putin is (apparently) an end to itself..lol. That's"zero sum game" mentality.

Why do you punish ANYONE except to change their behavior???
Unless one is part of the Marquis de Sade school of geo-politics that is pure Russiaphobia. *kick the dog*

"We hate the Russians because they act in their own interests"
Yet we can't deal with Putin because improving relations might improve Russia's as well as the west's ? :rolleyes:

I prefer GETTING THINGS DONE, and the American government can't do it under Trump or Obama.
Brain dead partisanship insures it's not going to change..my point

You shouldn't chastise others about grammar either if you don't know the definition of sanction .. which is punishment, penalty, or approval.

Which one do you think is appropriate in this case?

Braindead is braindead brother.

Your support and praise of an enemy is just braindead .. no matter what the voices in your head tell you.

... if I may ..

Opinion: Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable
Vladimir Putin is demanding more money from regional governments, and now many of them are pushing back

Question: What economic hand does Putin have to play?

How about NONE.

Where is the genius in this?

... if I may ..

Opinion: Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable
Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable

Question: What economic hand does Putin have to play?

How about NONE.

Where is the genius in this?

By all means. Putin is playing a terrible hand. When your system of government is based on stealing from the Russian people, crippling your own economy (which is absolutely the hand Putin is playing; far from a master gamesman) is about the stupidest play he could make. And any effort from so-called Americans to reverse the sanctions (and thus reward Putin for his actions) is tantamount to treason.

By all means. Putin is playing a terrible hand. When your system of government is based on stealing from the Russian people, crippling your own economy (which is absolutely the hand Putin is playing; far from a master gamesman) is about the stupidest play he could make. And any effort from so-called Americans to reverse the sanctions (and thus reward Putin for his actions) is tantamount to treason.

APPLAUSE :hand: :hand: :hand:

You shouldn't chastise others about grammar either if you don't know the definition of sanction .. which is punishment, penalty, or approval.

Which one do you think is appropriate in this case?

Braindead is braindead brother.

Your support and praise of an enemy is just braindead .. no matter what the voices in your head tell you.
Sanctions without any path to reforming behavior are mindless kicking the dog behavior.
as I said before they cost everyone. Europe/Russia/the US ( sometimes) and they are no substitute for a foreign policy.

supporting improving relation is the same thing we did during the Cold War. we actively worked towards detente' where possible- we even did arms control agreements.

Your mind is stuck in a Cold War 2 escalation where punishment is a means to an end.
My mind is to reduce tensions ( where possible) and reduce military spending to reduce the chance of a tripwire local war. ( which leads to gawd knows where)

which of us has the best interests of our country at heart?

Why is escalated militarization a good idea? Why is not trying to improve relations helpful towards peace? (it's not)
Even Reagan got "trust but verify"

You have Russiaphobia.
it's a common enough disease hyped by the Dem's/press/Deep State to damage Trump. I get that.
What you don't get is it's also damaging to US/NATO security, counter productive towards peace,
and is exactly what the neocons want.. You've been played good brother.

Last edited:
Sanctions without any path to reforming behavior are mindless kicking the dog behavior.
as I said before they cost everyone. Europe/Russia/the US ( sometimes) and they are no substitute for a foreign policy.

supporting improving relation is the same thing we did during the Cold War. we actively worked towards detente' where possible- we even did arms control agreements.

Your mind is stuck in a Cold War 2 escalation where punishment is a means to an end.
My mind is to reduce tensions ( where possible) and reduce military spending to reduce the chance of a tripwire local war. ( which leads to gawd knows where)

which of us has the best interests of our country at heart?

Why is escalated militarization a good idea? Why is not trying to improve relations helpful towards peace? (it's not)
Even Reagan got "trust but verify"

You have Russiaphobia.
it's a common enough disease hyped by the Dem's/press/Deep State to damage Trump. I get that.
What you don't get is it's also damaging to US/NATO security, counter productive towards peace,
and is exactly what the neocons want.. You've been played good brother.

:0) With respect to civil conversation, I won't say where your mind is stuck.

You didn't know the meaning of sanction. You invented some bullshit about 'changing behavior' when changed behavior is all on the one being sanctioned.

Oh yeah, ignore the rising tensions in Russia that Putin the pseudo-genius created for himself. :0)

:0) With respect to civil conversation, I won't say where your mind is stuck.

You didn't know the meaning of sanction. You invented some bullshit about 'changing behavior' when changed behavior is all on the one being sanctioned.

Oh yeah, ignore the rising tensions in Russia that Putin the pseudo-genius created for himself. :0)

What does it mean to put sanctions on a country?
A sanction is a penalty levied on another country, or on individual citizens of another country. It is an instrument of foreign policy and economic pressure that can be described as a sort of carrot-and-stick approach to dealing with international trade and politics.Aug 18, 2016
The Power Of Economic Sanctions - Investopedia
A country has a number of different types of sanctions at its disposal. While some are more widely used than others, the general goal of each is to force a change in behavior.
www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/10/economic-sanctions.asp

You have no institutional knowledge of why sanctions are applied -to change behavior.
It was the same reason we put sanctions on S. Africa, not just punishment -but to end aparthied

As I already said, there is a path for Putin. More importantly, there is a path for Russia.

The path forward doesn't involved appeasement and capitulation to Putin, which is what you opt for because you have tunnelvision for Russia. In fact, you want America to be more like Russia. Which is one of the reason you support Trump, who is little more than a faux-strongman and wannabe dictator.

'Democracy is too hard! Let Trump/Putin/Kim Jong Un rule me and take away my freedom' - Authoritarian victim

What does it mean to put sanctions on a country?
A sanction is a penalty levied on another country, or on individual citizens of another country. It is an instrument of foreign policy and economic pressure that can be described as a sort of carrot-and-stick approach to dealing with international trade and politics.Aug 18, 2016
The Power Of Economic Sanctions - Investopedia
www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/10/economic-sanctions.asp

You have no institutional knowledge of why sanctions are applied -to change behavior.
It was the same reason we put sanctions on S. Africa, not just punishment -but to end aparthied

PUNISH the fake Roy Rogers with sanctions, and is he doesn't change his behavior, his country will implode.

Same as with South Africa.

As I already said, there is a path for Putin. More importantly, there is a path for Russia.

The path forward doesn't involved appeasement and capitulation to Putin, which is what you opt for because you have tunnelvision for Russia. In fact, you want America to be more like Russia. Which is one of the reason you support Trump, who is little more than a faux-strongman and wannabe dictator.

'Democracy is too hard! Let Trump/Putin/Kim Jong Un rule me and take away my freedom' - Authoritarian victim

Just pipe down. The more you post the more apparent it is what a friggin idiot you are. Seriously.

get the fuck outta here with your Russiaphobia.
It's already been established Putin is free to run his own country and how he does so is not why we sanctioned.

you are blathering on about nothing of consequence because I caught you in lies about Russian economy "collapsing"
( it's not even contracting) and now you just throw up a bunch of ad homs about me.

go play with the children. the adults are trying to have a discussion. thanks for STFU.

18b95t.jpg

Damn .. is that Trigger?

Back