Dems Continue to Rehabilitate and Unify With Bush-Era Neocons

Realpolitik (from German: real "realistic", "practical", or "actual"; and Politik "politics", German pronunciation: [ʁeˈaːlpoliˌtiːk]) is politics or diplomacy based primarily on considerations of given circumstances and factors,
rather than explicit ideological notions or moral and ethical premises.
In this respect, it shares aspects of its philosophical approach with those of realism and pragmatism. It is often simply referred to as pragmatism in politics, e.g. "pursuing pragmatic policies"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realpolitik

like you have ANY clue of what Buddhism is. One thing it always is a search for the truth.
.Your simplistic article is saying "go ahead and damage relations, go ahead and support mindless Russiaphobia to counter "barbarism", go ahead and damage EU/Russian business ties, go ahead and stack NATO so heavily that Russia looks to battlefield nukes as a tactical counter, go ahead and do not talk to Putin and get cease fires in Syria"...for what was it again?? Oh yeah. fulfilling our righteous indignation.

such reactionary bullshit.
I don't know how your mind got so warped it thinks this is a good Path (Buddhist implied meaning)

Dude, you're no Buddhist. Get real.

Not at all surprising that you made no mention of Putin's DOCUMENTED barbaric behavior. NONE.

"Search for truth" .. I and many others here have been posting truth that you simply ignore .. just as you just did.

Perhaps you should consider changing your screenname back to Cos. You made more sense as Cos, and you weren't a shill for a brutal killer, warmonger, and enemy of the United States.

Now you post a lot of words .. without saying anything relevant.

I've been trying to help you out .. steer you back to sanity, but your Putin love is so deep that sanity is not possible.

Henry Kissinger has been credited with formally introducing the policy of Realpolitik to the White House as Secretary of State to Richard Nixon.[6] In this context, the policy meant dealing with other powerful nations in a practical manner rather than on the basis of political doctrine or ethics—for instance, Nixon's diplomacy with the People's Republic of China, despite U.S. opposition to communism and the previous doctrine of containment. Another example is Kissinger's use of shuttle diplomacy after the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, where he persuaded the Israelis to withdraw partially from the Sinai in deference to the political realities created by the oil crisis.

Kissinger goes on to say that the role of the statesman is, “the ability to recognize the real relationship of forces and to make this knowledge serve his ends.”[8][9]

The reach and influence of Realpolitik is found instead in pragmatic and flexible policy that changes to the needs of the situation.

Realpolitik (from German: real "realistic", "practical", or "actual"; and Politik "politics", German pronunciation: [ʁeˈaːlpoliˌtiːk]) is politics or diplomacy based primarily on considerations of given circumstances and factors,
rather than explicit ideological notions or moral and ethical premises.

In this respect, it shares aspects of its philosophical approach with those of realism and pragmatism. It is often simply referred to as pragmatism in politics, e.g. "pursuing pragmatic policies"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realpolitik

I know what it is, not sure that you do.

Essentially, according to Buddhist teachings, the ethical and moral principles are governed by examining whether a certain action, whether connected to body or speech is likely to be harmful to one's self or to others and thereby avoiding any actions which are likely to be harmful. In Buddhism, there is much talk of a skilled mind. A mind that is skilful avoids actions that are likely to cause suffering or remorse.
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/budethics.htm

I know enough about Buddhism to know that you are not a Buddhist.

Henry Kissinger has been credited with formally introducing the policy of Realpolitik to the White House as Secretary of State to Richard Nixon.[6] In this context, the policy meant dealing with other powerful nations in a practical manner rather than on the basis of political doctrine or ethics—for instance, Nixon's diplomacy with the People's Republic of China, despite U.S. opposition to communism and the previous doctrine of containment. Another example is Kissinger's use of shuttle diplomacy after the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, where he persuaded the Israelis to withdraw partially from the Sinai in deference to the political realities created by the oil crisis.

Kissinger goes on to say that the role of the statesman is, “the ability to recognize the real relationship of forces and to make this knowledge serve his ends.”[8][9]

The reach and influence of Realpolitik is found instead in pragmatic and flexible policy that changes to the needs of the situation.

Kissinger is the antithesis of what it is to be a Buddhist.

Buddhism is about peace .. got any peace-loving people you'd like to quote?

searching for the truth as always below the noise levelof Russiaphobia..

Have you noticed I've destroyed every practical argument for sanctions -except the righteous bullshit it make sus feel good?

maybe like reading a mantra page after page it will sink into your Cold war skull. Maybe not.
My job is to expose the fallacy of sanctions and mono-polarism as being good for the world.

what's your job? criticizing my religion..uh huh

LMAO.

You destroyed your credibilty only you moron.

Note that no one agrees with you.
you haven't proven anything except how fucking insane you are .

Get off the opiods junkie cunt.

Not at all surprising that you made no mention of Putin's DOCUMENTED barbaric behavior. NONE.

"Search for truth" .. I and many others here have been posting truth that you simply ignore .. just as you just did.

Perhaps you should consider changing your screenname back to Cos. You made more sense as Cos, and you weren't a shill for a brutal killer, warmonger, and enemy of the United States.

I've been trying to help you out .. steer you back to sanity, but your Putin love is so deep that sanity is not possible.

I tell you what.
You make the case for multiple sanctions and Cold war 2 escalated spending/armament,and I'll make the case for why sanctions are counter-productive and reducing arms and tensions benefits all parties involved.

You can put up your morality play about Putin is a KGB thug" and I'll put up the practical and realism involved in bettering the relationship, and we'll see which has more worth.

Ive already shown that sanctions have no value to modify behavior (and yes that IS the purpose of sanctions)
and why escalated spending and weaponization fail to make us or more Europe more secure.

Essentially, according to Buddhist teachings, the ethical and moral principles are governed by examining whether a certain action, whether connected to body or speech is likely to be harmful to one's self or to others and thereby avoiding any actions which are likely to be harmful. In Buddhism, there is much talk of a skilled mind. A mind that is skilful avoids actions that are likely to cause suffering or remorse.

this

best post in the entire internet.

the insane traitorous lying cunt isn't even true to himself.

searching for the truth as always below the noise levelof Russiaphobia..

Have you noticed I've destroyed every practical argument for sanctions -except the righteous bullshit it make sus feel good?

maybe like reading a mantra page after page it will sink into your Cold war skull. Maybe not.
My job is to expose the fallacy of sanctions and mono-polarism as being good for the world.

what's your job? criticizing my religion..uh huh

:rofl2: Dude, you've been getting your ass smashed throughout this thread. To suggest that you've destroyed anything demonstrates your delusion. :0)

My 'job' is to post whatever I believe .. and I believe that you've demonstrated nothing that would remotely determine you to be a Buddhist.

You RUN from truth as if your ass was on fire. :0)

I tell you what.
You make the case for multiple sanctions and Cold war 2 escalated spending/armament,and I'll make the case for why sanctions are counter-productive and reducing arms and tensions benefits all parties involved.

You can put up your morality play about Putin is a KGB thug" and I'll put up the practical and realism involved in bettering the relationship, and we'll see which has more worth.

Ive already shown that sanctions have no value to modify behavior (and yes that IS the purpose of sanctions)
and why escalated spending and weaponization fail to make us or more Europe more secure.

no anatta.
you made a case but not a convincing one.
you showed your opinion but proved nothing.

Sanctions are designed to be one of many factors that applies pressure. You should really remove 'sanctions' from your vocabulary, though. You talk about removing them SOOOO much for someone who thinks they are a non-factor in pressuring Putin.

Essentially, according to Buddhist teachings, the In Buddhism, there is much talk of a skilled mind. A mind that is skilful avoids actions that are likely to cause suffering or remorse.

you are out of your realm.
look at the definition:

ethical and moral principles are governed by examining whether a certain action, whether connected to body or speech is likely to be harmful to one's self or to others and thereby avoiding any actions which are likely to be harmful.
now tell me how de-escaltion and reduced war spending isn't harm reduction.

I mean you can only take this silliness so far of over-laying Buddhism on statemanship
( and it was an interesting exercise).

But my Path enables conflict reduction in Syria, attempts to cajole Putin into deal making over Donbass and Crimea.

You Path is of damaging Russian and European business, and stalemating the position..the war goes on.
You do get to feel some moral righteousness that you have kicked the dog.

kudos for your efforts old friend but there is no steering a rudderless ship.

Cos is gone, lost to the theatrics of an opiod fueled addiction

Sanctions are designed to be one of many factors that applies pressure. You should really remove 'sanctions' from your vocabulary, though. You talk about removing them SOOOO much for someone who thinks they are a non-factor in pressuring Putin.
if the sanction had any effect of modification of behavior -you'd have a point.
They obviously do not -so you don't.

Then look at the negative aspects of sanctions,,in one sense NordStream 2 is a result, which robs the Uk of LNG transit fees.

sanctions are a knee jerk feel good answer without practical purpose.

if the sanction had any effect of modification of behavior -you'd have a point.
They obviously do not -so you don't.

Then look at the negative aspects of sanctions,,in one sense NordStream 2 is a result, which robs the Uk of LNG transit fees.

sanctions are a knee jerk feel good answer without practical purpose.

How would you have punished Putin? I mean actual punishment, and not feckless enabling.

I tell you what.

No one cares about what you believe .. all I care about is what is truth.

Sanctions are meant to punish .. and I've already posted the definition that declares that truth. Not at all interested in your excuse of a definition.

Additionally, your brain is on lock-down. Attempting to argue facts with you is an exercise in futility.

I'm good with you continuing to spout enemy propaganda and people with brains dropping big ass bombs on it.

kudos for your efforts old friend but there is no steering a rudderless ship.

Cos is gone, lost to the theatrics of an opiod fueled addiction
right. because my mental clarity is the best it's ever been. I can see thru the noise of Russiaphobia -you lick it's boots.

But do continue your word salad express, it's comical relief

right. because my mental clarity is the best it's ever been. I can see thru the noise of Russiaphobia -you lick it's boots.

But do continue your word salad express, it's comical relief

You attribute every counter-argument to Deep State, Fake News or Russiaphobia. I guarantee that everyone ignores you when you cry, 'Russiaphobia!'. Ever read the Boy Who Cried Wolf?

No one cares about what you believe .. all I care about is what is truth.

Sanctions are meant to punish .. and I've already posted the definition that declares that truth. Not at all interested in your excuse of a definition.

Additionally, your brain is on lock-down. Attempting to argue facts with you is an exercise in futility.

I'm good with you continuing to spout enemy propaganda and people with brains dropping big ass bombs on it.

i've already posted your definition of sanctions is lacking.
Sanctions

The international community can use sanctions to change the behaviour of a country or regime, in cases where that country or regime is violating human rights, waging war or endangering international peace and security.
now you are reduced to adhoms. you have bankrupted your position to one of frothing.
You tried Buddhism, but did not consider Right View is macro whenn looking at the world
You can't argue against realpolitik.

You can keep your "american bombers' - a neocon response

You attribute every counter-argument to Deep State, Fake News or Russiaphobia. I guarantee that everyone ignores you when you cry, 'Russiaphobia!'. Ever read the Boy Who Cried Wolf?

blah blah blah..an inability to wield arguments to support your point,so you deflect to my terminology.
*boorish and without substance*

Back