Eastern philosophy says the self is an illusion

Because they weren't trying to overthrow anything, they were pissed off that Trump lost and were attacking a symbol and that anger spread just like it did in the LA riots where everyone joined in.

It was a mob mentality, they were not organized whatsoever.

Their Messiah sent them! "And I'll be there with you"!

The third option is that there is no western, Descartesian sense of self, but that our mental faculties have access to free deliberate choice.

That is precisely the Eastern perspective. The Indian and Buddhist concepts of Karma and Samsara simply wouldn't work unless they had an underlying principle that individuals have freedom to make moral choices.

Their beliefs don't change science. There is no self in our brain. Without a self who/what is making creating, filtering and managing thoughts and making decisions?

Four of them were but there were 2000 there.

Most were QAnon idiots. It's the WSEs under Trump who were using the mob as cover. The Proud Boys stood forward and attacked.

56wrkj.jpg

Ok, the protest wasn't planned ahead of time, permits were not purchased, the only reason two thousand people went to the capital was because Trump said I'll be there with you.

You are an idiot.

That's incorrect at best and a lie at worst, comrade Tink. :)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wild-protest-washington-dc-jan-6
Trump promises 'wild' protest in Washington DC on Jan. 6, claims it's 'impossible' he lost
Trump's campaign has filed a number of unsuccessful lawsuits challenging the election results

President Trump on Saturday promised a "wild" protest in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6, as he continued to deny that he lost the election.

"Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election," he tweeted. "Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!"

TRUMP, TARGETING MCCONNELL AND TOP REPUBLICANS, URGES THEM TO 'GET TOUGHER' IN ELECTION FIGHT

Jan. 6 is the day Congress will meet to accept the presidential election results. President-elect Joe Biden won the election, and presidential electors cast their votes last week in the Electoral College.

But Trump and his campaign have disputed the results and launched numerous legal challenges, although nearly all of them have failed. Earlier this month, the Supreme Court shot down a Texas lawsuit trying to nullify millions of votes in key swing states.

Roughly four dozen lawsuits by the Trump campaign and allies to upend the election results over the past six weeks have been tossed out by state and federal judges.

Trump’s legal team has said it intends to continue mounting legal challenges, but experts say there is little chance of success.

On Saturday, Trump linked to a report by Peter Navarro that claims without evidence that the amount of election fraud was sufficient to swing the election.

TRUMP FIRES BACK AT MCCONNELL AFTER SENATOR MAJORITY LEADER RECOGNIZES BIDEN'S VICTORY

Some Trump allies have planned to call for a debate in the House when the election results are received. However, those plans were dealt a blow when Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell asked his Republican colleagues in the Senate not to contest the election results on Jan. 6, when a joint session of Congress formally accepts the count.

McConnell’s move could effectively end any hopes of a last-minute reprieve for the president. A majority of both chambers of Congress (including the Democratic-controlled House) would be needed to upend the election results.

Meanwhile, Trump has been critical of those in his party who have accepted Biden's victory.

After McConnell recognized Biden as president-elect in a Tuesday speech on the floor of the Senate, Trump responded by calling on him and other Republicans to "get tougher."

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

".@senatemajldr and Republican Senators have to get tougher, or you won’t have a Republican Party anymore. We won the Presidential Election, by a lot. FIGHT FOR IT. Don’t let them take it away!" Trump charged on Twitter.

Trump, who lost by more than 7 million votes, has also taken aim at a number of other Republicans over their stance on the election -- including Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp and Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo.

Their beliefs don't change science. There is no self in our brain. Without a self who/what is making creating, filtering and managing thoughts and making decisions?

Already addressed: your physical brain is imbued with the ability to make choices, whether or not you accept a philosophical and religious concept of self.

Science isn't anywhere remotely close to understanding human conciousness, so this most definitely is not an issue that has been settled by science.

I could be wrong, and you could be wrong

Dutch didn't lie about who he was and he never used sock puppets or changed accounts.

Wrong. He used to be "Dutch Uncle". Stop lying.

As for the rest of your seething resentments and petty grudges, that's something you should discuss with your shrink.

Like I said: what does that say about you? You attack someone you think is mentally ill? That doesn't sound like the actions of a "good person" or someone who has a moral compass.

There isn't a sentient person on the forum who didn't immediately know that Doc Dutch was Dutch Uncle,

no deceptions of any kind was even attempted,

and he changed the user name on his account. He isn't using multiple accounts

The problem here, Your Eminence Cardinal Carminative,

is that you thrust me into a position to defend that prick.

He would be equally upset, I'm sure, if the inverse were true.

Like I said: what does that say about you? You attack someone you think is mentally ill? That doesn't sound like the actions of a "good person" or someone who has a moral compass.

Dutch didn't try to decieve anyone about who he was, he didn't make any sock puppet accounts, and he didn't invent multiple biographies like you, Perry PhD, and Jank did.

It was obvious within two nanoseconds that Dutch Uncle was Doc Dutch, and he was openly transparent about the slight medication to his user name

Dutch didn't try to decieve anyone about who he was, he didn't make any sock puppet accounts, and he didn't invent multiple biographies like you, Perry PhD, and Jank did.

It was obvious within two nanoseconds that Dutch Uncle was Doc Dutch, and he was openly transparent about the slight medication to his user name

Thanks and agreed. I also kept the same avatar and signature style.

You're just proving your mental illness, Perry.

No, he's not attacking the mentally ill, Perry. He's refuting the mentally ill....but thanks for the tacit admission you're an Abbie Normal...something I think most people can recognize. :)

76m0iz.gif

There isn't a sentient person on the forum who didn't immediately know that Doc Dutch was Dutch Uncle,

no deceptions of any kind was even attempted,

and he changed the user name on his account. He isn't using multiple accounts

The problem here, Your Eminence Cardinal Carminative,

is that you thrust me into a position to defend that prick.

He would be equally upset, I'm sure, if the inverse were true.

I love you too, neef. :thup:

Hypocrisy suits you SO WELL.

You're just proving your mental illness, Perry.

No, he's not attacking the mentally ill, Perry. He's refuting the mentally ill....but thanks for the tacit admission you're an Abbie Normal...something I think most people can recognize. :)

76m0iz.gif

Shame on you for lying about your psychology degree just so you can hurt people.

Ok, the protest wasn't planned ahead of time, permits were not purchased, the only reason two thousand people went to the capital was because Trump said I'll be there with you.

You are an idiot.

Exactly Trump sent them! After Trump and Rudy incited a riot!

Back