Eastern philosophy says the self is an illusion

You claimed you only watched 10 minutes of it. I watched the whole thing. Which one of us is most likely to be in error?

I watched the whole thing. What in it supports your contention that you don't have Free Will or, in the case of the program, "a sense of agency"?

Maybe Perry aka Jank didn't actually watch it, it was just one of things he stumbled across while frantically googling.

I am genuinely curious how much you know about fMRI and other brain scan technologies. Given that you are clearly not trained as a scientist I'm wondering why you are so blase about the topic. Is it just because you reserve a chance to attack me personally? Is that the game?

I am genuinely curious how much you know about fMRI and other brain scan technologies. Given that you are clearly not trained as a scientist I'm wondering why you are so blase about the topic. Is it just because you reserve a chance to attack me personally? Is that the game?

Run from the questions, Perry. It's what you do best. LOL

He seems to just read the titles and synopsis without comprehending the content.

Not only lazy, but a terrible way to learn and self improve.

My philosophy of learning is to do the neccessary legwork to consult multiple sources from multiple subject matter experts, and synthesize and reflect on that information from my own perspective.

My philosophy of learning is to do the neccessary legwork to consult multiple sources from multiple subject matter experts, and synthesize and reflect on that information from my own perspective.

You watched 10 minutes of what amounts to over 3 hours of programming and you question ME about the content?

Is that why you frantically googled "freezing point depression"?

You claimed you only watched 10 minutes of it. I watched the whole thing. Which one of us is most likely to be in error?

I didn't think you watched the whole thing, because the content I saw wasn't really trippy or flabbergasting as you claimed, and you don't seem to be aware the program does not undermine what DU and I have been writing for three weeks. Your Nova program talks about conciousness as a "sense of agency" (which is practically a Christian precept), and your program talked about the brain's neural network and subconscious as unequivocally "you".

I believe this Nova program is just another of the myriad things you stumbled across while frantically googling, and dashed back here to post.

I didn't think you watched the whole thing, because it wasn't really trippy or flabbergasting as you claimed'

Just because you want to attack me doesn't make it any less interesting and curious.

, and you don't seem to be aware the program does not undermine what DU and I have been writing for three weeks. Your Nova program talks about conciousness as a "sense of agency l" (which is practically a Christian precept), and your program talked about the brain's neural network and subconscious as unequivocally "you".

I wish you weren't so repellent as a human being.

It could be laziness but, IMHO, it's more about "unable".

Agreed on learning.

A comment earlier caused me to recall "Pendulum Reading". Often used by "psychics" and teenagers, it's a good demonstration of the non-verbal subconscious mind: https://pendulumpsychics.com/pendulum-reading-101/
Pendulum Reading 101

The link above is mostly BS in how it interprets "pendulum reading", but it is an excellent guide on how to do it. The accuracy of answers to questions derived from pendulum reading are similar to the accuracy of answers to polls. There's a big difference between "Did you vote in the last election" and "is Trump a treasonous pedophile?"

As you've pointed out in the past, asking the right questions often helps finding the right answers. Pendulum reading is purely subconscious. Mind and Body.

https://academic.oup.com/nc/article/2017/1/nix014/4060585
Ask the pendulum: personality predictors of ideomotor performance
Our results suggest that people have different decision strategies when using a pendulum compared to conscious guessing. These findings may help explain why some people can answer questions more accurately with pendulums and Ouija boards. More broadly, identifying the differences between ideomotor and verbal responses could lead to practical ways to improve decision-making.

dc943d_9935bfcd007a4e62b78f51af66816d3c.gif

Why would the brain care about eating ice cream?

It inherently wouldn't care about anything beyond survival (i.e. hunger, thirst, reproduction, etc). But your brain is molded by external influences and experiences. Before you knew what ice cream was, you had no way of even wanting it much less deciding between options.

A seething inferiority complex surely might cause one to lie and exaggerate in their desperate quest for a phantom, pyrrhic victory.

Agreed. It's an interesting phenomenon to observe. Just another indication that Perry, Jack and Mason have a lot in common.

It inherently wouldn't care about anything beyond survival (i.e. hunger, thirst, reproduction, etc). But your brain is molded by external influences and experiences. Before you knew what ice cream was, you had no way of even wanting it much less deciding between options.

Same question: Why does the brain want icecream?

It could be laziness but, IMHO, it's more about "unable".

Agreed on learning.

A comment earlier caused me to recall "Pendulum Reading". Often used by "psychics" and teenagers, it's a good demonstration of the non-verbal subconscious mind: https://pendulumpsychics.com/pendulum-reading-101/
Pendulum Reading 101

The link above is mostly BS in how it interprets "pendulum reading", but it is an excellent guide on how to do it. The accuracy of answers to questions derived from pendulum reading are similar to the accuracy of answers to polls. There's a big difference between "Did you vote in the last election" and "is Trump a treasonous pedophile?"

As you've pointed out in the past, asking the right questions often helps finding the right answers. Pendulum reading is purely subconscious. Mind and Body.

https://academic.oup.com/nc/article/2017/1/nix014/4060585
Ask the pendulum: personality predictors of ideomotor performance
Our results suggest that people have different decision strategies when using a pendulum compared to conscious guessing. These findings may help explain why some people can answer questions more accurately with pendulums and Ouija boards. More broadly, identifying the differences between ideomotor and verbal responses could lead to practical ways to improve decision-making.

dc943d_9935bfcd007a4e62b78f51af66816d3c.gif

"During our pilot testing, some participants found the pendulum movement mundane while others found it mystical: one even stayed behind to privately ask the pendulum questions about her life."

^^ that's pretty funny!

"During our pilot testing, some participants found the pendulum movement mundane while others found it mystical: one even stayed behind to privately ask the pendulum questions about her life."

^^ that's pretty funny!
In some ways it reminds me of BF Skinner's religious pigeons; people encounter something strange and unusual then read mystical powers into it. Pendulum reading is simply a visual means to communicate with the subconscious mind.

In the Nova video Perry cut and pasted, there was a segment about people who'd had their corpus collosum cut thereby dividing the verbal, logical Left brain from the holistic, imaginative, spaciel relations Right brain. They could feel an object behind a curtain with their left hand, know what it is, but couldn't verbalize it. Once the Left Brain could see it, they could verbalize the name of the object. That's not magic or mystical either. It's just how our brain works as a system. The pendulum reading thing is using a part of that system.

I didn't think you watched the whole thing, because the content I saw wasn't really trippy or flabbergasting as you claimed, and you don't seem to be aware the program does not undermine what DU and I have been writing for three weeks. Your Nova program talks about conciousness as a "sense of agency" (which is practically a Christian precept), and your program talked about the brain's neural network and subconscious as unequivocally "you".

I believe this Nova program is just another of the myriad things you stumbled across while frantically googling, and dashed back here to post.

Jesus you are unrelentingly unpleasant. You seem like a pretty horrible person at your core.

Back