Eastern philosophy says the self is an illusion

Not only lazy, but a terrible way to learn and self improve.

My philosophy of learning is to do the neccessary legwork to consult multiple sources from multiple subject matter experts, and synthesize and reflect on that information from my own perspective.

You seem really filled with hatred for me. I'm curious, though, if I agree to stop the personal attacks will you?

I'm willing to give it a shot. I'll drop my weapons if you will.

Are you a good enough person to consider that? Let's see. A real test of your ethics and morality.

You seem really filled with hatred for me. I'm curious, though, if I agree to stop the personal attacks will you?

Are you a good enough person to consider that? Let's see. A real test of your ethics and morality.
Translation: I hate you and love to make personal attacks against you.

I forgive you, Perry, because you are clearly mentally ill. I suspect Cypress forgives you too. :thup:

Go in peace, Perry. Untreated mental cases like yourself often end up dead from suicide or living on the streets pushing a shopping cart. Which one do you think you'll end up doing?

Like eating donuts or smoking, people can choose to let their body run "autopilot". They can scratch their heel without looking or thinking about it. OTOH, they can consciously look over their body for ticks after a walk in the woods. It's a matter of choice including the choice to not choose, but just react. People who are angry a lot, not only have mental issues, but are not thinking about their choices. They are simply reacting to perceived problems.

What you don't acknowledge, Oom, is that you include your conclusions in your reasoning--circular logic.
Linear logic is simply not important to you when discussing subjects in which you have a vested opinion.
That's no crime. That's you prerogative.

What you don't acknowledge, Oom, is that you include your conclusions in your reasoning--circular logic.
Linear logic is simply not important to you when discussing subjects in which you have a vested opinion.
That's no crime. That's you prerogative.

Then you should put me on ignore and live in ignorant bliss, neef. :thup:

You've already proven yourself to be someone who's word can't be trusted, by changing accounts, names, creating sock puppets, and then lying about it. You are unrepentant and show no remorse about posting in bad faith and practicing deception.

A good moral code to live by is to not trust unrepentant liars, bullshitters, and decievers.

Then you should put me on ignore and live in ignorant bliss, neef. :thup:

You've had at least four or five temporary banishments to "ignore," Oom, but right now, your "open mic" is still providing a measure of entertainment.
Don't be so sensitive! This isn't an operating room.

You've had at least four or five temporary banishments to "ignore," Oom, but right now, your "open mic" is still providing a measure of entertainment.
Don't be so sensitive! This isn't an operating room.
Look at those who put me on ignore to see that they are all bigots, Pedo Don supporters, mentally ill and/or criminals.

TBH, those who claim to put me on ignore are effectively challenging me to test their claim. As Mason and others prove daily, they are all liars about ignoring me.
:laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

You've already proven yourself to be someone who's word can't be trusted, by changing accounts, names, creating sock puppets, and then lying about it. You are unrepentant and show no remorse about posting in bad faith and practicing deception.

A good moral code to live by is to not trust unrepentant liars, bullshitters, and decievers.

Fair enough. At least I know you are incapable of giving up your hatred. You seethe in it.

For the record: I'd be glad to drop all the bullshit back-and-forth. If you are unwilling I won't ask for more. Your hatred seems to comfort you.

Fair enough. At least I know you are incapable of giving up your hatred. You seethe in it.

For the record: I'd be glad to drop all the bullshit back-and-forth. If you are unwilling I won't ask for more. Your hatred seems to comfort you.

Where will you be in 10 years, Perry? Homeless or dead? Living with Mason and Jack in a refrigerator box?

7uiij1.jpg

So the brain is not in control.

It is in control. There's a lot of discussion about how eating meat and a desire for sugars impacted human evolution, but that different from saying that your brain is designed to want ice cream.

Your brain learns what tastes good to you or doesn't taste good to you. Before I tried a mushroom for the first time, and my brain learned that they taste like dirt on my taste buds, my brain had no concept of what a mushroom tasted like beyond maybe what other people had described. Once I ate a mushroom, realized that they're nasty, my brain isn't likely to make a decision to eat mushrooms.

It is in control. There's a lot of discussion about how eating meat and a desire for sugars impacted human evolution, but that different from saying that your brain is designed to want ice cream.

Your brain learns what tastes good to you or doesn't taste good to you. Before I tried a mushroom for the first time, and my brain learned that they taste like dirt on my taste buds, my brain had no concept of what a mushroom tasted like beyond maybe what other people had described. Once I ate a mushroom, realized that they're nasty, my brain isn't likely to make a decision to eat mushrooms.

Thanks for admitting your brain can make choices. :thup:

Back