Elizabeth Warren's story of racist grandparents disputed by Cherokee genealogist

I guess you think that made sense. Wrong again When people tell me their heritage, I believe them. It does not matter.

Which goes right along with what I said.

If the Trump family say that they are part Black, the liberals will fall all over themselves accepting it as fact. :good4u:

Which goes right along with what I said.

If the Trump family say that they are part Black, the liberals will fall all over themselves accepting it as fact. :good4u:

Actually I would not care. Why would it matter.? Who would it hurt? It would make his racism interesting though. Yeah, your premise was really dumb.

Trump is a big racist. If he were black, it would be interesting to see what mental gymnastics he would have to do to justify his racism.

We saw that with Obama trying to justify his an lying that he wasn't one.'

Pucker up, boy.

I guess you think that made sense. Wrong again When people tell me their heritage, I believe them. It does not matter.

You're the type of idiot that if someone told you shit didn't stick, you'd stick your nose in it to prove them wrong.

It does matter.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren sought Sunday to bolster her shaky claims of Cherokee ancestry with the story of how her racist grandparents drove her parents to elope.

But Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes says that account has its own credibility issues.

Ms. Barnes, who said her research into Ms. Warren's family found "no evidence" of Native American ancestry, has challenged key elements of the senator's tale of how her parents, Pauline Reed and Donald Herring, defied his parents by running off to marry.

[Snip]

After Ms. Warren said in the Globe that her mother told her "nobody came to her wedding at all," Ms. Barnes looked it up and found that her mother’s friend witnessed the ceremony, which was performed by a prominent Methodist clergyman, not a justice of the peace.

"This marriage does not look like an elopement. It looks very much like a Depression-era marriage ceremony instead," said Ms. Barnes in an August 2012 post. "Sometimes people didn’t have a lot of money to spend on a wedding so they just obtained their license, got married and then went back home."

She also found a detailed wedding announcement posted in the local newspaper in Wetumka, Oklahoma.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/11/elizabeth-warren-punts-dna-test-native-american-an/

The fraud bitch known as Elizabeth Warren is an embarrassment to all native Americans.

Let me guess .. you voted for Trump. :0) The worst president in American history.

Chaos, confusion, and failure follow Trump like a dark cloud. Flowers die when he walks past.

But .. stop the presses .. Elizabeth Warren might be lying.

... amazing.

People inherit half of their DNA from both parents and this would make you 12.5% German.

Not trying to be a smart ass; but is there any possibility that your "Mom", was not your Mother?

The step brother was from the Father and neither her of her step brother showed any genetic markers that would point towards Native American Indians.

Except you only inherit 50% of their genes. The reality is, by chance, I inherited none of the German genome from my mother, only the British/Irish from her. While from my father I inherited Basque and Native American genes. It is possible that there was Native American in her family but that she simply, by chance, inherited none of those genes. I know it is possible, I've read the results from my mother and myself. I wish my father was still alive so I could get his genome done as well. Considering he was adopted, his ancestry is much more of a mystery.

And no, it is not possible that my mother was not my birth mother. I did inherit 50% of my genome from my mother, (you get to compare the reports on 23 and Me, I share 50% of my genes with her, and a ridiculous amount with my sister who inherited almost none of the Native American genome from my father while I inherited a bit over 25% Native American from him) just none of it was from the 25% of her genome that is German all of it came from the 75% that is British/Irish.

And if you ever saw pictures of my father and myself you would definitely know he was my father. I have pictures my kids identify as being me, but it is my father. I have my Navy photo from boot camp next to his black and white version of the same. Both of my children believed they were both pictures of me.

My sister got a bit less of the Native American genome from my father than I did... Hers was only like 3% while mine is just a bit over 25%.

It really was quite interesting. I share a good 70% of my genome with my sister... Though she did inherit some (not much) of the German genome from my mother.

Last edited:
USFREEDOM glows in his warped idea that he can be a religious and ethnic bigot and not be considered a racist.

Seeing as how I'm neither of the labels you mentioned, nor am I a racist.

This is just the liberal way of trying to promote something as fact, when there's not an iota of proof. :palm:

Except you only inherit 50% of their genes. The reality is, by chance, I inherited none of the German genome from my mother, only the British/Irish from her. While from my father I inherited Basque and Native American genes. It is possible that there was Native American in her family but that she simply, by chance, inherited none of those genes. I know it is possible, I've read the results from my mother and myself. I wish my father was still alive so I could get his genome done as well. Considering he was adopted, his ancestry is much more of a mystery.

And no, it is not possible that my mother was not my birth mother. I did inherit 50% of my genome from my mother, (you get to compare the reports on 23 and Me, I share 50% of my genes with her, and a ridiculous amount with my sister who inherited almost none of the Native American genome from my father while I inherited a bit over 25% Native American from him) just none of it was from the 25% of her genome that is German all of it came from the 75% that is British/Irish.

And if you ever saw pictures of my father and myself you would definitely know he was my father. I have pictures my kids identify as being me, but it is my father. I have my Navy photo from boot camp next to his black and white version of the same. Both of my children believed they were both pictures of me.

My sister got a bit less of the Native American genome from my father than I did... Hers was only like 3% while mine is just a bit over 25%.

It really was quite interesting. I share a good 70% of my genome with my sister... Though she did inherit some (not much) of the German genome from my mother.

I was just asking and suggesting a possibility, seeing as how I know nothing of your family.

Back