First Annual Fake News Awards

anything that is "fake news" is a form of witchcraft used by all of the damneds to manipulate the minds of humans to the believing of lies. jpp fake news fags/ witches are hard workers of "fake news" witchcraft. the damneds/ false witnesses repeat their organized fake news lies and true witnesses repeatedly testify true testimonies in order to counteract their evil works.

Direct questions
Is advocacy journalism good or bad in a democratic republic?

Should journalists be allowed to editorialize?
advocacy journalism isn't journalism..it's taking an advocacy position. Meaning you make the story fit your perspective
Advocation is fine, but only if it's clearly labeled as opinions or editorials

Hard to believe that he marched in the streets to end the Vietnam war?
Morgan State College
University of Maryland College Park ( the night of a Grand Funk Railroad concert)
Towson State College.

Plus I delvered the underground paper Harry to my high school in Baltimore county.

what did you do? Take your innuendos and gossip elsewhere

Morgan State College
University of Maryland College Park ( the night of a Grand Funk Railroad concert)
Towson State College.

Plus I delvered the underground paper Harry to my high school in Baltimore county.

what did you do? Take your innuendos and gossip elsewhere

You stood up for what you believed in. That is honorable and to be respected.

I'd go with 2-8 as fake news.

The rest are opinions or borderline.

Poor Thingy
include this. it was a report.
10) The New York Times report that the Trump administration had hidden a climate-change report
Krugman copped to the fact he wrote it out of hate towards Trump

Don't forget Dr. Gupta..He specifically asked the WH doctor if "Trump had heart disease"
WH doctor specifically said "no"
Then Gupta goes on CNN and says Trump has heart disease

You have no idea how accurate that statement is. 'Snowflakes', throughout history, was used to refer to White Supremacists.
I never heard it used that way.

In the 1860s "snowflake" was used by abolitionists in Missouri to refer to those who opposed the abolition of slavery. The term referred to the color of snow, referring to valuing white people over black people. This usage was not believed to have extended beyond the state of Missouri in the 1800s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)

This is true; I generally do not. But sometimes I just get so caught up.

This thread has been pretty revealing, though I think it's stuff we already knew. A typical Trump supporter will tune into a CNN panel on one of their opinion shows, where everyone on the panel is expressing their own personal opinion on the news of the day, and think it's a group of reporters reporting and call it "fake news."

That's such a fundamental misunderstanding. It's hard to take any of it too seriously - except for the fact that Trump's bogus "fake news" campaign seems to be pretty effective so far.

Because it rings true with so many people lol.

You pretty much have to have partisan blinders to not see the anti-Trump bias in the media. Even Jimmy Carter sees it.

even Nixon wasn't subjected to constant fake news. Journalists went after him for Nixon's actual corruption.

Probably their most annoying habit is focusing on Trump instead of Trump’s policies.

Aka noise.

The media was long overdue for a comeuppance.

is advocacy journalism good or bad in the US?

Should journalists be allowed to editorialize?
OMG..
Advocacy journalism is not journalism unless it's labeled as such.
Anyone can editorialize, but it has to be disclosed as such.
Otherwise the only thing journalists should advocate is transparency

I can see why you want to think that.
Sadly though I am afraid it is a moral change...he thinks nothing against bombing and droning, cheers it in fact wjen it meets his objectives.
He has changed dramatically good brother, he is no peace loving Buddhist.
killing terrorists is a valid function of the state.

What you should be locking in on is signature strikes, which drone only those "who's behavior mimics terrorists"

Droning wedding parties in Yemen is what happens with signature strikes -they need to be banned

Probably their most annoying habit is focusing on Trump instead of Trump’s policies.

Aka noise.

well Trump calls attention to Trump, so I wouldn't say focusing on Trump isn't newswortfy,as long as it's honest reporting,which many times is not..

They deliberately say junk like tax cuts/deregulation aren't a driver of this boom;
and they don't really cover either except for partisan junk noise like "tax cuts for the rich"
ignoring bonuses/wage gains/good job creation.

The other facet of fake news is slanting reporting to cover only what you want, or how you want it covered
( and misleading headlines etc.)

The 2nd link made it clear to identify Krugman as an "opinion writer" in the 1st line of the article, and made it clear that what he was expressing was opinion.

Would you really like me to keep going, PMP?
it's his JOB to express economic opinions!
when he deliberately publishes false opinions -which he himself did say he did because of Trump-hate-
that crosses the line into publishing fake news.

Give him credit for honesty and at least admitting he did

His show is an OPINION SHOW.

Once again: his show is an OPINION SHOW. Just as Krugman's column is.

Enough w/ this. You guys can't distinguish between what is news and what is not news. How are you determining "fake news" if you can't make that basic distinction?

The good doctor was on 'New Day', billed as the latest news.....nice nit pick though.....and it was a fake story.....news or opinion, whatever floats your boat, thingy....
New Day. 6am ET/3am PT. Chris Cuomo and Alisyn Camerota bring you the latest news, weather and high interest stories to start your day.

I can see why you want to think that.
Sadly though I am afraid it is a moral change...he thinks nothing against bombing and droning, cheers it in fact wjen it meets his objectives.
He has changed dramatically good brother, he is no peace loving Buddhist.
Buddhists have no room for hatred. It oozes from every pore in his body. I can't get through to him anymore, so I simply gave up.

Because it rings true with so many people lol.

You pretty much have to have partisan blinders to not see the anti-Trump bias in the media. Even Jimmy Carter sees it.
Sorry. Obama was right. 'If you have to win an election by dividing the people...you aren't going to be able to govern them."

trump doesn't get to pull a 'never mind', now that he accidentally won the election. It's so quaint that the biggest liar in the history of politics, now points fingers at everyone who calls him on his bullshit.

Buddhists have no room for hatred. It oozes from every pore in his body. I can't get through to him anymore, so I simply gave up.
yet you can't STFU about me! lol

You have no clue about Buddhism, nor am I about hate for hate's sake. Politics ain't beanbag

Aka noise.

You have it backwards. trump creates the noise in order to hide the fact that his heinous policies might come to fruition.

How do you feel about his new panel that will protect those in the medical field from having to treat patients who are gay, or with AIDS, if it happens to bother them due to religious zealotry?

Back