First Annual Fake News Awards

Let me put it this way. If I know that your name is John and I claim that it is Paul, is that my opinion? No, it's a lie. Same deal with Krugman. The only other possibility is that he's stupid and incompetent in his chosen field. Is that your position?

I'm not here to defend or condemn Krugman. He even qualified in his article that we could get lucky. And we're only a year in, so the spirit of his prediction - and he makes clear that's what it is - could still be true.

Plenty of people on the right wrote opinions on the Iraq War that were incredibly wrong. Those weren't "lies." They were opinions.

So, your John/Paul thing is a completely irrelevant strawman. Try to do better. But don't spend too much time on this one - you are clearly wrong. Paul Krugman wrote an opinion piece, which is not news. Opinion pieces are not news.

I'm not here to defend or condemn Krugman. He even qualified in his article that we could get lucky. And we're only a year in, so the spirit of his prediction - and he makes clear that's what it is - could still be true.

Plenty of people on the right wrote opinions on the Iraq War that were incredibly wrong. Those weren't "lies." They were opinions.

So, your John/Paul thing is a completely irrelevant strawman. Try to do better. But don't spend too much time on this one - you are clearly wrong. Paul Krugman wrote an opinion piece, which is not news. Opinion pieces are not news.

People wrote opinions on the Iraq War that you disagree with. That doesn't make them wrong. Moreover, the political outcome of war isn't predictable. Especially when you have opposing sides that "play politics" with one another.

Krugman, on the other hand, is a qualified expert on economics. Economics is a science, and therefore predictable. Yet he's been wrong on his predictions, and for the exact same reason, twice as has been documented in this thread alone.

Again, there is only two alternatives here. Either he's stupid as hell, or he's lying.

People wrote opinions on the Iraq War that you disagree with. That doesn't make them wrong. Moreover, the political outcome of war isn't predictable. Especially when you have opposing sides that "play politics" with one another.

Krugman, on the other hand, is a qualified expert on economics. Economics is a science, and therefore predictable. Yet he's been wrong on his predictions, and for the exact same reason, twice as has been documented in this thread alone.

Again, there is only two alternatives here. Either he's stupid as hell, or he's lying.

Economics isn't predictable.

Have you studied any form of science? There are things called "variables." So, your entire response is essentially invalidated.

An opinion piece cannot be fake news.

Economics isn't predictable.

Have you studied any form of science? There are things called "variables." So, your entire response is essentially invalidated.

An opinion piece cannot be fake news.

I have a scientific degree. I've also studied the science of economics.

Variables don't make science unpredictable. You're confusing numerical variables with human behavioral variables.

OMG..
Advocacy journalism is not journalism unless it's labeled as such.
Anyone can editorialize, but it has to be disclosed as such.
Otherwise the only thing journalists should advocate is transparency

So Woodward and Bernstein were wrong?

I have a scientific degree. I've also studied the science of economics.

Variables don't make science unpredictable. You're confusing numerical variables with human behavioral variables.

You have a degree, and you still think economics is predictable? Particularly w/ human emotion & psychology playing such an integral part in investment decisions?

Yikes.

"Because you don't like him" is inconsequential.

I'm embarrassed for you now.

Why are you embarrassed for me? You're the one who keeps bringing him up as though I'm defending him or something.

His opinions are just that. Anyone who thinks his opinions - on a page titled "Opinion" - is hard news should be embarrassed.

You're just flailing now, and really, revealing a complete inability to admit you are wrong when it is staring you in the face. This thread has been great, and revealing.

Why are you embarrassed for me? You're the one who keeps bringing him up as though I'm defending him or something.

His opinions are just that. Anyone who thinks his opinions - on a page titled "Opinion" - is hard news should be embarrassed.

You're just flailing now, and really, revealing a complete inability to admit you are wrong when it is staring you in the face. This thread has been great, and revealing.

You can't refute the logic that I have presented, so you say that I am flailing. How predictable. How scientifically predictable.

You can't refute the logic that I have presented, so you say that I am flailing. How predictable. How scientifically predictable.

Logic? That opinion is hard news, and economics is 100% predictable?

No; you were flailing.

I win. See ya. Post a nutty face from Grind.

Back