Football Picks

Its not just that I fucking hate the Steelers, but I've taken a liking to Flaco and the Ravens. Last time these two teams met, the Ravens forgot that when you play the asswhole teams (Raiders and Steelers), you gotta return the dirtiness with a hard-hitting strategy. They got pushed around and lost. I expect Raven Nation has learned its lesson.

You sound like a liberal. :D There is no cold logic in your response. And kindly refrain from lumping in the Steelers with the Raiders.

What a great game!

The Saints should have spread the defense out to open up the middle a little bit on that last play..

I bet they do things different in that situation next time.

You sound like a liberal. :D There is no cold logic in your response. And kindly refrain from lumping in the Steelers with the Raiders.

Not so, I was talking about winning. :cof1:

The Steelers and Raiders get lumped into the same category because both are asswhole teams. Both are notorious for foul play, and taking pride in that notoriety. As such, I like to see those teams lose, such as the Steelers against the Packers (and hopefully the Ravens), and the Raiders in Seattle (20-3) last Friday (where numerous Raider fans picked fights and got the crap kicked out of them, in what is probably the safest city to openly show support for a visiting team).

Liberty,

Rana emailed her picks to me because she wasn't sure she'd be able to get on before the games started.

Rana's Week One

ATL
CINN
KC
DET
TENN
PITT
HOUS
SD
SF
NYG
NYJ
DEN (I really hate this pick)

Steelers.

angry-smokin-bad-mad-angry-smiley-emoticon-000668-large.gif
Angry-Emoticon.gif

Well, tonight was a shitty football night for me. Excluding the Ravens and Texans, who more than played their part, most of my picks went very much awry. I admitted that the Falcons pick was risky, and I knew the CIN/CLE and CAR/TEN games could go either way. But I still lost all three of those games, and the Bears pulverized the Falcons. I don't give a shit that my Seahawks lost to the 49ers, because both teams suck, and we have always been able to beat them the last several years. I actually took to laughing at Seattle for their stupidity, and lucky for them SF couldn't play at all in the red zone.

I would like to thank the Jets for their comeback against the Cowgirls. The other NY team can suck it. I'm also pissed off at the Buccaneers for losing to fucking Detroit. But there is one team which deserves a special shoutout:

FUCK YOU KANSAS CITY!!!

Here's the line for week #1 in 2011.

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
9/8 8:30 ET At Green Bay -5 New Orleans 47.5
9/11 1:00 ET At Baltimore -1 Pittsburgh 37
9/11 1:00 ET At Tampa Bay -1.5 Detroit 43.5
9/11 1:00 ET Atlanta -2 At Chicago 40.5
9/11 1:00 ET At Kansas City -4 Buffalo 39.5
9/11 1:00 ET At Houston -8.5 Indianapolis 44.5
9/11 1:00 ET Philadelphia -4 At St. Louis 44
9/11 1:00 ET At Cleveland -7 Cincinnati 36.5
9/11 1:00 ET Tennessee -1 At Jacksonville 38
9/11 4:15 ET NY Giants -1 At Washington 40
9/11 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 Carolina 37.5
9/11 4:15 ET At San Francisco -6 Seattle 38
9/11 4:15 ET At San Diego -9 Minnesota 44
9/11 8:25 ET At NY Jets -6.5 Dallas 41
9/12 7:00 ET New England -7.5 At Miami 45.5
9/12 10:15 ET At Denver -3 Oakland 40.5

The Jets game was the best of the week so far.

From what I've seen anyway.

I'm very happy:) that the Texans beat the crap out of Indy.

I was in such need of that win, that it was indeed a good game to watch. I was busily doing dishes, recycling, trash, and dinner while it was going down :cof1:

What on earth happened to the Steelers?

3 INTs(?), and only 7 points.

Where was the defense?

OMG. I still can't talk about it. Seven, count 'em, SEVEN turnovers (three interceptions, four fumbles), four sacks, a Polamalu penalty, etc. etc.

They were a disgrace. A DISGRACE, I tell you. :mad:

Back