Football Picks

Why is God helping Tebow win football games while children die of hunger...is that too heavy for the football thread? ;)

I can't wait to see what he pulls out his hat, either. It is an exercise in hair pulling.

God isn't helping Tebow. You should note when the man prays. It's after good plays, he thanks his God for the opportunity and the skills that allow him to play at that level. Unlike others who pray before the TD, he prays after.

The games we all agree upon aren't much fun, it is those where we compete that I find getting more involved in, unless it I s just good football.

That's why the Monday Night Football victory of the Ravens over the Steelers was the most epic game of the season. It was me against all of you!! :woot:

Why is God helping Tebow win football games while children die of hunger...is that too heavy for the football thread? ;)

I can't wait to see what he pulls out his hat, either. It is an exercise in hair pulling.

Is it fair that God be used in such away.

What about the losing team(s)?

Is it ability, or is it riged?

Is it fair that God be used in such away.

What about the losing team(s)?

Is it ability, or is it riged?

Hee he, Denver is pretty beat up this week. Chicago is hungry. One player commented, "we gotta stop this crap".
I hope it is a good game, I would like to see a 31-28 finish with the Bears on the winning side.

God isn't helping Tebow. You should note when the man prays. It's after good plays, he thanks his God for the opportunity and the skills that allow him to play at that level. Unlike others who pray before the TD, he prays after.

Well, Jesus told us not to make a public display, too, so I find it interesting.

Well, Jesus told us not to make a public display, too, so I find it interesting.

Differences, he spoke against the people who stood on the corner publicly and loudly praying. Tebow doesn't do that from what I have seen. You may be able to know what he is doing, but not what he is praying.

The reality is, so many people are against him because he promotes his religion. I understand that, but that shouldn't blind people. Other players have been as vocal on religion (I remember one Chicago Bear player who was also a Pastor at his church) without this incredible negativity associated with it.

He appears to be genuine. I hope for the people who love him for his religion that the haters won't have something to say later when they find his feet of clay.

Differences, he spoke against the people who stood on the corner publicly and loudly praying. Tebow doesn't do that from what I have seen. You may be able to know what he is doing, but not what he is praying.

The reality is, so many people are against him because he promotes his religion. I understand that, but that shouldn't blind people. Other players have been as vocal on religion (I remember one Chicago Bear player who was also a Pastor at his church) without this incredible negativity associated with it.

He appears to be genuine. I hope for the people who love him for his religion that the haters won't have something to say later when they find his feet of clay.

Well, he also said not to let your right hand know what your left hand is doing, even though it was directed at giving, it still presented his overall idea that one should not do overt displays of faith. You may be sincere, but people view it as bringing more attention to yourself than to God. My mom and dad are the greatest Christians I know and they never did public displays of faith. We didn't pray in public, except for church. Their honest and loving lives set the example.

I just think once my praying started to get so much publicity I would have to stop, because like I said, it becomes more about him, than God, but it is just my perception.

Fucking Cleveland. 1000 opportunities, and nothing but fuck-ups. I'm glad they lost, because all they did was piss me off. The only thing they did right was injur Rapelissberger, and he came back into the game. Oh, well, 1 point for me...

You expected better? I mean, it was Cleveland, the mistake on the lake.

My sweetie Troy makes the sign of the cross after all his plays but he's subtle about it.

Well, he also said not to let your right hand know what your left hand is doing, even though it was directed at giving, it still presented his overall idea that one should not do overt displays of faith. You may be sincere, but people view it as bringing more attention to yourself than to God. My mom and dad are the greatest Christians I know and they never did public displays of faith. We didn't pray in public, except for church. Their honest and loving lives set the example.

I just think once my praying started to get so much publicity I would have to stop, because like I said, it becomes more about him, than God, but it is just my perception.

Good points. Wasn't it the Pharisees who made a big display of public prayer?

My sweetie Troy makes the sign of the cross after all his plays but he's subtle about it.

Tebow isn't Catholic. The sign of the cross is pretty much out for those protestants, unless they're Lutherans...

We watch people touch and point to their god constantly after plays, but only Tebow gets this nastiness.

Back