200w.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

Sure, sure an electrician knows what a dictionary is better than I do.
School children know what a dictionary is better than you do. That's nothing for you to be proud of.

Do you have something against learning new things? Did you believe that you already knew everything? Were you operating under the mistaken impression that you weren't operating under any mistaken impressions? What is so special about dictionaries that you can't bring yourself to learn anything about them?

Did you try looking up the word "Dictionary" in the Oxford English Dictionary? Does the usage involve "defining words"? Let's take a look, shall we? (yes, we shall)

Oxford English Dictionary
dictionary, n. & adj.
A book which explains or translates, usually in alphabetical order, the words of a language or languages (or of a particular category of vocabulary)

Merriam Webster
dictionary
noun
dic·​tio·​nary ˈdik-shə-ˌner-ē -ˌne-rē
plural dictionaries
: a reference source in print or electronic form containing words usually alphabetically arranged along with information about their forms, pronunciations, functions, etymologies, meanings, and syntactic and idiomatic uses

Dictionary.com
dictionary
[ dik-shuh-ner-ee ]
noun, plural dic·tion·ar·ies.
a book or digital resource (such as Dictionary.com) containing a selection of words and information about their meanings, pronunciations, etymologies, inflected forms, derived forms, etc., in either the same or another language; lexicon;

attachment.php

No dictionary seems to include "defining words" in the usage of the word "dictionary."

Where are you getting this bizarre notion that dictionaries somehow have the authority and power to define words? I'm betting that electricians can look up the word "dictionary" in any dictionary just as easily and effectively understand what a dictionary is better than you do, i.e. without being inclined to claim, nay, insist, that dictionaries somehow have been granted the authority to define words, ... differently, and contradictorily, and have them be "the definitions" of the words. So please advise us when you reach an equivalent, or superior, understanding of dictionaries to that of what electricians can garner.

Congrats on PSV defeating the Rangers.

daaa474a33d0a9bddb4ac6a28e023764.jpg

What you are basically noting is that society should separate restrooms and locker rooms by sex rather than gender should they want to create a safe space for females.

Sex = Dichromatic based on biology and is expressed as male or female.
Gender = An artistic expression of what a person feels like today and can be expressed in infinite variety to which anyone can become offended if you didn't automatically and magically use their pronouns they made up seven minutes ago, didn't tell anyone about, and which will change tomorrow.

Just an FYI, there is nothing wrong with a female who still identifies as a woman with more masculine interests and they should be able to exist without being forced to describe themselves on the rainbow spectrum or constantly suggest to them they would be more "comfortable" as a "man".

Anyway, believing that someone can simply put on womanface and go fairly compete in sports with someone who is biologically female is a clearly absurd belief based on wishes and simply does not consider actual fairness to the female athletes. Title IX will die if we continue to play this game.

I don't care what gender someone identifies with, and I will use their pronouns if I know them and support them in many ways. I just also feel that fairness and safety should matter. We have yet to come up with an elegant solution, and may not be able to, but I know that having a man go out after putting on womanface and pummel a female athlete in a UFC octagon is just flat wrong.

This is America ! Any American whether male or female, or whatever gender they chose to pretend to be, should have the FREEDOM to use whatever restroom or locker room they choose!:usflag:
Anyone who doesn't agree is a fascist trying to take Freedom from Americans:usflag:!
And I for one won't stand by and watch Americans lose what little FREEDOM we have left!
God Bless America!:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Two things:

1) I don’t give a fuck how many genders there are. People can identify however they wish. Regardless of their gender, they should be treated equally and fairly.
2) It ain’t woke. Woke has nothing to do with gender.

Top likes to use catch words! Whether they fit or not!

This is for the morons who don’t understand gender.

[FONT="]Sex is usually categorized as female or male but there is variation in the biological attributes that comprise sex and how those attributes are expressed. [COLOR=#040C28][COLOR="#FF0000"]Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, expressions and identities of girls, women, boys, men, and gender diverse people.[/COLOR][FONT="]May 8, 2023[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#4D5156][FONT=Roboto][COLOR=#3C4043][IMG]https://www.justplainpolitics.com/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAACAAAAAgCAYAAABzenr0AAAIoUlEQVR4AZ1XA5AsSRP Mqu7p0dr69m772zbtm0bgd 2bdv z7bv2W/t3Zmdme6uyrvu6ZjYuzjnRBaisiq/VGcMnXf7N9C2fSPWNnXBsxwQBLPJEKGxmENXYQKr6rvggyMZA0KjP3Omy8CUm/01iYGA4IhGz1QvnpEMVksS1pveEwAuDPZVebxkVcHC yBiBoPjDTm796 /3iXBH9p3/iMJeQaElBAI750Y75EEhKRfRMIEsMSgqTh10I6jW3ZfMbFt99rC9EG 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 yunZ8fGWopTKHaIojIey9DIY49wmlf2ehN1aHkuHq4qvEFMaGyAKI1jNGQiIMyGCNAUD4bTtW YNyU7rMz0MQwRK4A0G9RnmyYEbKAwCKhK8N1eo9Vj/61ZbTvSNtSyJGNadtd7ZMCaV2xHkYilkBHniAj8MCh/OohcbAdLjLjQyfuObXt15biRD1rcBwCA4qYW4Z7z6iaGLlNCPOFFbeO9qFx 4bjdn3unoOPe YfX6nTpYVECrbtvJK3EwXyQytN2XqtIVEilsPAOkCe7YJtq1daLIMeq7T8oMFXv3fg8Ksn7CK5Q3e3igAzCzC/xhRvayPvVLXz0t32P/ieX325YXDLBUr0wY72Dl286onr0rnJdO3UcL3xgn165yz7g7Gdsea DWdVz0zV6DABIRAikBBA5dSyTIChZE3v pYFn84pJ3NM/4t/WDq2fQFD0FaaPoQV9TQUpq7qyfV/dEFx7LiN2aa/0hnXfnH5KX/9xr2NA5ubdSIJZkBs 3V2wcSwTYDndzv8l8/sfMhV zz0xz92b3npEN9NgxSDlAKYwGyBLIYbyrYvv2fV4l1PWbnpxR92D60/2TguoBQsFigCiC04Clifbt7ys5YdD7QaHN4w0jL3hbr zYcHrMqPgsFaQ1vhktH9wgNnW15xbv3kyDwNLiceLEBCEIBAAxrwQajPjS3v2fTCP5cPrN87UGVZplDCQrgnoihXBtyq51IWbVM9 5 gVSG/vGP9i/sJM8BcqdVojvdtAxs7XW8mq5WNiCgeqDxJ GML2WI 2zw52KlZhXfjh6g8gypXnq/p/Ml0MvOQOrWlA7YxqYZt684KrYbEikOkFT2EQDkAhRYYVBCQlKdQNoYtrGAsrgAjVM5A8RXfsrG5pv0LqcBbr46et2ynut4NV1UNbO3GbCKKZ6mAoBh JfEolov3qHiuMpSZCSIApBwCNkAhkXQKVmKDOqZ17rfmPnnPqdABjGIwlS8RBBSvy7okVjILGFE4AYzYwnBhovVsuegqMyJigSMBmvLjKzammxrVsuMvftBTdv3rtb8jmSByYXy18qhUFAKYBUpiyTjOFa4oj VjigA7OkCRHdzf3vPtl2o6blV77Hl4Ltfa9ZfxxrZUw5Z1e9hekU0IgriMHBKhl3Ada6uAYMR6OJILGUJla M1wBUQbuBhKpEt/atr109trO 81Qjyaq/dDwEbwWhD2/8pWz3mTowe7k5PsKg4kUQq6MsWVUDMnsqAytMbcgJx BK6hN5s08S9C/e6ecJJf4EVI4igx1bZpSKmm9q 8djxF5051dzZa5VKkLgqIAYI11ogEZuIjdGVbhgBNVKWM0FZRgzIBLBKRWyom7PloQW7Hz/hVn3P1sFbd0P2PPjp7B eO/GikzYt2WWV43nRg2IExoRKA0jc cSEiuKuGJ ZypmJzskPOcDq1sUP3bdsvxNKTvIhW/tv344JAkt7KKarn3rx8DOOXLXXEfeK70GCADASWYRAg0IFlY6oK2DE DEYAUQDxseTc3f83SsLdj5ZW/YLyui3aMdEiBmaFTQxKAhQTFdt7e1ceqsPeCEAkfLDxgQIQXHknSBqz yVIH4AisCVPRFankukvOGGjg9bRo IlJtXhREn8jF3/7iChmKhkALLwYI1T1909G EOe9UWEZSFIpWEcp AY7RAx/ETSc0iSjl8CKwYzg5WNwLLx94PPPmlD26I/cwgWFYLEs5Ut5vBW5NuJ1Jxta84yVbX tJvuzdc1bfdSmQ2FTPV6su2NE9n64ZUvP/xZiODVFfvemkLQ6QELGyZG2l1TWpjOTXZUlWbaGoe3X7qpvvN/tvbzeAuynJlpvOUB5e3BrkXfK3XNu12Kpa1uITcZMOtCVS1SxTwcpcA6GAcAR/E9 WQNxjLVYFawbFtNJLM1rujGKUOLUZyxjTZvrUdAb/dXbFIr53cGAJEXKoMyBIggPTmOhGOz5vLHoiY/wZOBZziVhQrlmDRAo4bVqAGtFkRx/yD/DQUkgsrHyGg4YlBMpjCazFQbI81FJ9G6etHKmuHmDtiKADFvuPtuZOE9UmiB6xXQ1LsmqhbDKmEFpX4uGu4Y6XVV4IGNgR9l Hun1wCc6a2S5K/L1wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==[/IMG]
[url]https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca[/url] › ...
[/COLOR]
[h=3][URL="https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/48642.html#:~:text=Sex%20is%20usually%20categorized%20as,men%2C%20and%20gender%20diverse%20people."]What is gender? What is sex? - CIHR[/URL][/h]

[/FONT]

No it doesn't.

Sex and gender have been differentiated since 1955, it’s not a new concept.

what's new is pretending that people who think there are more than two of either.........that's new.....tell me when we started thinking that men could be women if they wanted to.......

Guess the question then arises: why do you need two words for the same concept? Why not allow ONE of the words to take on more subtle meaning? What's wrong with Gender being the word we use to describe the socially-constructed roles for the sexes?

In fact, according to the OED, "gender" is already distinct from "sex" in at least one definition:

"gender, n.
Psychology and Sociology (originally U.S.). The state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, " (SOURCE)

I'm curious.....can you tell us when the OED changed its definition?......that will probably help us pinpoint the change......

what's new is pretending that people who think there are more than two of either.........that's new.....tell me when we started thinking that men could be women if they wanted to.......
What they are doing is segmenting a range of behavior.

Males are modified females. Most of our social concepts of "maleness" and "femaleness" are cultural. There is a genetic based drive for males and females to desire sex with each other, but that drive can be repressed by social indoctrination. That said, throughout history, there seems to be a <5% who are attracted to the same sex. If the social indoctrination is eliminated, a larger grouping, especially among the under 30 set, may be inclined to experiment with sexual experiences. The "53 gender" set are simply exploring their range of sexual behaviors.

FWIW, while I support giving minors counseling and support should they feel differently than their peers, I am not a supporter of permanent solutions for minors such as surgery or irreversible medication solutions. Their minds are not set like a mature adult and, therefore, are subject to change as they mature. Letting a child make a permanent life-altering decision is irresponsible, IMHO.

107 pretend definitions and counting.....what's the point?
People are just making up things as they go along... Urban Dictionary to an entire new level that really no one takes seriously...

107 pretend definitions and counting.....what's the point?
People are just making up things as they go along... Urban Dictionary to an entire new level that really no one takes seriously...

Making things up like letting women have the right to vote? Women driving automobiles? Times change, dear. Put down your bottle and consider how you were 50 years ago when you were a teenager.

There is a reason why I can't see the argument for either side where it comes to this issue.

The right thinks that only default-mode specimens of humanity matter, and that the anomalies needn't be accommodated.
These, by the way, are often the ones calling themselves "Christians." I call them vulgarians.

The left, on the other hand, isn't satisfied with respectful behavior towards all.
They also try to tell us how we should feel about it. I call them effete Pollyannas.

This almost helps me understand "independents" but I still can't.

I know that Dutch and Owl aren't registered with a political party,
but I could never understand Frank Apisa being an independent.

Frank and I are products of a loyalty-driven culture where the inability to choose sides is considered a fatal character flaw.
This is to be taken literally. "Independents," with nobody protecting them, often got killed.

Perhaps Frank became so assimilated that he lost his ethnic traits.

I often lamented that our third generation kids were excessively assimilated.

Our eldest doesn't speak a word of Italian
and our baby, who can speak a little Italian, was married to a BPD Mick for nearly a decade
but they didn't have any half-breed kids.

There is a reason why I can't see the argument for either side where it comes to this issue.

The right thinks that only default-mode specimens of humanity matter, and that the anomalies needn't be accommodated.
These, by the way, are often the ones calling themselves "Christians." I call them vulgarians.

The left, on the other hand, isn't satisfied with respectful behavior towards all.
They also try to tell us how we should feel about it. I call them effete Pollyannas.

This almost helps me understand "independents" but I still can't.

I know that Dutch and Owl aren't registered with a political party,
but I could never understand Frank Apisa being an independent.

Frank and I are products of a loyalty-driven culture where the inability to choose sides is considered a fatal character flaw.
This is to be taken literally. "Independents," with nobody protecting them, often got killed.

Perhaps Frank became so assimilated that he lost his ethnic traits.

I often lamented that our third generation kids were excessively assimilated.

Our eldest doesn't speak a word of Italian
and our baby, who can speak a little Italian, was married to a BPD Mick for nearly a decade
but they didn't have any half-breed kids.
Why would anyone need a special word to define how they choose to live their lives? Particularly when most of them are just made up...or have different meanings to different people? Not every Christian or Democrat or Republican or Independent is the same... We are all unique...Labeling is so unnecessary and silly... for example, your use of "half breed kids" and mine are very different...Mine doesn't exist...;) PS...I hope Frank comes back to the forum someday....if you know him drop him a line...

Back