"God is dead"

Yes, school me on what you are reading by Nietzsche. Why is that a confounding question?!
I'll give you a hint, I'm not using Google to find quotes of Nietzsche like you are. I'm taking the deep dive to fully understand the moral message.

An all knowing and all seeing god that runs all that exists

That is my personal definition that made me check the atheist box

There is no ONE power that controls all of existence

It’s a dance of powers

I think we get limited by language.

The words, religious, agnostic, atheist are three end points which do not reflect the diversity of humanity in between them.

I really do not like labels, but I feel like I linger around the margins of agnostic and religious.

You said that last time you made a fool of yourself. I get a lot more out of Nietzsche than if he was an atheist or not. You never will get the purpose of philosophy.

You are a liar and buffoon. You cannot even name a text of Nietzsche you are reading. Have some dignity.

You are a liar and buffoon. You cannot even name a text of Nietzsche you are reading. Have some dignity.
I don't take orders from anyone, especially someone with a toxic personality like yours. The purpose of philosophy is to work through all your fears.

I'll give you a hint, I'm not using Google to find quotes of Nietzsche like you are. I'm taking the deep dive to fully understand the moral message.

Translation: I'm using Google to prove I know more about Nietzsche than you do.

What is his moral message, in your opinion?

I think we get limited by language.

The words, religious, agnostic, atheist are three end points which do not reflect the diversity of humanity in between them.

I really do not like labels, but I feel like I linger around the margins of agnostic and religious.
Agreed about the diversity of humanity.

Labels are a tool like religion and politics. It's how they are used that matters. This gets back to the language comment; we each need to share a common definition of terms.

Early two definitions of Atheist were posted but no one commented.

Oh, and, read the OP. I just recently got started on Nietzsche and find him very spiritual.

I cannot say I ever thought of Nietzsche as spiritual in the traditional sense. He obviously rejected any sort of divine eternity and spiritual salvation as a myth.

But he certainly seemed to consider striving to live an authentic and creative life a type of sacred obligation.

The thing about Nietzsche is that he is widely misunderstood and there a lot of myths about him. My project is to get past the myth and learn some basics about him from real Nietzsche scholars.

I cannot say I ever thought of Nietzsche as spiritual in the traditional sense.

But he certainly seemed to view striving to live an authentic and creative life a type of sacred obligation.

The thing about Nietzsche is that he is widely misunderstood and there a lot of myths about him. My project is to get past the myth and learn some basics about him from real Nietzsche scholars.

Why not read Nietzsche? Genealogy of Morals is very accessible. Will to Power is readable and you can jump around.

Back