"God is dead"

I cannot say I ever thought of Nietzsche as spiritual in the traditional sense. He obviously rejected any sort of divine eternity and spiritual salvation as a myth.

But he certainly seemed to consider striving to live an authentic and creative life a type of sacred obligation.

The thing about Nietzsche is that he is widely misunderstood and there a lot of myths about him. My project is to get past the myth and learn some basics about him from real Nietzsche scholars.
Nietzsche was spiritually aware. Like the Buddhist "kill him" comment, I think he's asking people to ask the bigger questions.

I don't take orders from anyone, especially someone with a toxic personality like yours. The purpose of philosophy is to work through all your fears.

Some can’t transcend their feelings of insecurity

Or at least have not gotten to the point where they try

I don't take orders from anyone, especially someone with a toxic personality like yours. The purpose of philosophy is to work through all your fears.
It runs the gamete of all human kind

Agreed. I was referencing "goat" specifically. Not sure if the name is due to his religion or his sexual preference. Hmmm.....

His 20something mind is wrong to attack you, but he has a point about the purpose of philosophy. The same can be said with religion.

Of course facts work great too. :)

Nietzsche was spiritually aware. Like the Buddhist "kill him" comment, I think he's asking people to ask the bigger questions.

The best pithy, one- sentence description summarizing Neitchze's philosophy I ever heard was from philosophy professor Kathleen Higgins:

"Make your life a work of art."

According to Nietzsche, one does not get a second chance.

I cannot say I ever thought of Nietzsche as spiritual in the traditional sense. He obviously rejected any sort of divine eternity and spiritual salvation as a myth.

But he certainly seemed to consider striving to live an authentic and creative life a type of sacred obligation.

The thing about Nietzsche is that he is widely misunderstood and there a lot of myths about him. My project is to get past the myth and learn some basics about him from real Nietzsche scholars.
Scholarly takes on philosophy have too much influence on me, so I try my best to understand the philosopher myself. The problem is the old traditional German science style of writing makes it a difficult read.

The best pithy, one- sentence description summarizing Neitchze's philosophy I ever heard was from philosophy professor Kathleen Higgins:

"Make your life a work of art."

According to Nietzsche, one does not get a second chance.
A lot classier than Nike's "Just Do It!" :)

Mortality does seem to be a one-way street. That's not the same as a dead-end street.

Scholarly takes on philosophy have too much influence on me, so I try my best to understand the philosopher myself. The problem is the old traditional German science style of writing makes it a difficult read.

Yet you do not know what text of Nietzsche you are reading.

A fair point. The culture of the time has great impact on the words being written. This is why, in pre-Civil War USA, a person talking about his "country" was often referencing his state, especially in the South.

As historian Shelby Foote once said "Before the war, it was said "the United States are." Grammatically, it was spoken that way and thought of as a collection of independent states. And after the war, it was always "the United States is," as we say to day without being self-conscious at all. And that's sums up what the war accomplished."

Since we can't read minds, language becomes important. That includes a common definition of words and phrases.

Back