God

buzz off bozo

Why do you think everyone on this board is running around quoting bible verses?

Because Americans, religious or not, have been inundated and inculcated with the Protestant tradition of Sola Scriptura; the concept that the written scripture is the only authority in Christianity.

Why do you think everyone on this board is running around quoting bible verses?

Because Americans, religious or not, have been inundated and inculcated with the Protestant tradition of Sola Scriptura; the concept that the written scripture is the only authority in Christianity.

You are too immature to have a discussion with.

He couldn’t have used everyone because He had examples to set and only a single group could be effective for that

For instance how could God show us his power by leading the Israelites out of Egypt if he was encompassing everyone?

The entire world we’re not slaves in Egypt

Using a small group of people is easier to show us examples

However even the Torah stresses that Jews are not superior to anyone, they were only chosen to relate Gods story to the rest of the world

Jews are the same as everyone else
Weren't the Egyptians his people too?

Just like the Egyptians and Gay Pride parade participants.

I am not trying to change the school system to get kids to believe my religion

That is one of the difference’s

Nobody is forcing you guys to read this thread

No one is forcing kids to suck dick either, Tink.

Schools should be teaching tolerance.

Of course but He used the Jews as the main character s in His story

It doesn’t mean they have any greater standing with God then anyone else does

Well, at least the Jews did. LOL

The Bible says they are the Chosen People. Either you accept the Bible as literal or not, Tink.

Deuteronomy 7:6
“For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

Deuteronomy 14:2
For you are a people holy to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

That bias is blowback from when most Protestants fled Catholic Europe. Notice that we also got some of the most radical nutjobs too. LOL

Odd since most Evangelistas use the Old Testament to persecute others.

Agreed about Protestants. It's mainly a North American thing. Protestants and the world's most powerful nation. Coincidence? :)
https://devinereligion.wordpress.com/2016/10/14/worlds-religions-statistics-and-pie-charts/
World_religions_pie_chart.png

I give the Protestants credit for making the bible widely available in local vernacular languages and expecting christians to read their bibles.

That more than anything probably helped create a more literate society in the 17th and 18th centuries.

I give the Protestants credit for making the bible widely available in local vernacular languages and expecting christians to read their bibles.

That more than anything probably helped create a more literate society in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Agreed. Both Gutenberg and the Protestants contributed to public literacy.

You admit that that the god you worship is a ghoulish monster with these kinds of responses. You would spend eternity sucking his dick?

what an odd misinterpretation....all I have ever admitted is that you are a fuckwit best led around with a ring through your nose......

and there is no worse fool than the smartest atheist......

Your mind is a product of neurons in that hunk of meat between your ears. There is no "soul" or "spirit." You exist because animals spent the last billion years ripping each others' throats out in an attempt to survive this harsh planet. Your god is something that ignorant desert-dwelling primates invented in an attempt to carve meaning from this chaos.

If you want to be religious, fine. But remember the cardinal rule, which is that religion is like a penis; it's fine to be proud of it but don't shove it in our faces.

Your mind is a product of neurons in that hunk of meat between your ears. There is no "soul" or "spirit."

You exist because animals spent the last billion years ripping each others' throats out in an attempt to survive this harsh planet.

Your god is something that ignorant desert-dwelling primates invented in an attempt to carve meaning from this chaos.

If you want to be religious, fine. But remember the cardinal rule, which is that religion is like a penis; it's fine to be proud of it but don't shove it in our faces.

Prove it.

That's not quite true. We exist because the rules of the Universe allow it. The Universe is has laws and, where life exists, those laws push for intelligence to evolve.

Agreed human perceptions of "God" are both flawed and highly subjective. Still, angry atheists who believe "When you're dead, you're dead" are as fucked up as a Bible-thumper pushing Jesus on the street corner.

Atheism is a religion and you are wagging it in the faces of others, dumbass.

Prove it.

Prove what? I'm simply stating facts.

The Universe is has laws and, where life exists, those laws push for intelligence to evolve.
A lot has been said about the so-called "fine-tuning argument." I won't rehash here what can be found online with a simple Google search.

Still, angry atheists who believe "When you're dead, you're dead" are as fucked up as a Bible-thumper pushing Jesus on the street corner.

The only thing I'm angry about is religious people influencing society with their nonsense. I'm sorry that facts offend and upset you, but the fact is that we are highly evolved meat and there is nothing after death.

Atheism is a religion
It's not a religion. How is my lack of belief in [insert preferred deity] a religion?

Back