Guess who called for the 1 Billion dollar payoff to Georgia .. Biden

Ugh. I'm quitting discussion politics for a while. I can't deal with it anymore. I'm not sure which is worse, talking about lipstick on a pig or people piling on the candidate whose policy is most like one they can agree with.

On Georgia, we have two tickets with two policies.

One thinks the Georgian people should get humanitarian aid.

The other thinks the Georigan government should get humanitarian and military aid, including anti-aircraft weaponry and anti-armor equipment to help Georgia stand up to Russia all while "re-invigorating NATO as a military alliance, not just a political alliance."

The former is the one being criticized for "paying off aggression that could lead to war."

Ugh. The mind reels.

You cannot control where money goes after you give it. Not really. Im sure some of the humanitarian aid would wind up buying tools of aggression.

We have one policy: use taxpayer money to build alliances between the mass murderers who have seized control in all nations.

After invading a sovern nation based on lies and staying there for years we tell Russia to get out of Georgia ? Now that is Gall to the point of absurdity.

Yep, that's true. But it's also kind of ironic for anyone who called BS on the Bush/Cheney "liberation of the Iraqi people" to be claiming that Russia is now liberating the people of Georgia. Occupation is a crime, period. People living under occupation are murdered, beaten, tortured, and subject to mass rape.

No one is pretending Russia is pristine.
Please. He has stated about a zillion times how it is all Georgia's fault and that it must be us that asked for them to do it with nary a mouse fart in the direction of spreading some of that "blame" towards Russia. It's all the US and Georgia working in some random scheme to lose land to Russia.

Yep, that's true. But it's also kind of ironic for anyone who called BS on the Bush/Cheney "liberation of the Iraqi people" to be claiming that Russia is now liberating the people of Georgia. Occupation is a crime, period. People living under occupation are murdered, beaten, tortured, and subject to mass rape.
Yes, Darla. But only the bad guys are raped and tortured... Those who were "traitorous" and helped the "Georgian Aggressors"...

Sick crap.

Ugh. I'm quitting discussion politics for a while. I can't deal with it anymore. I'm not sure which is worse, talking about lipstick on a pig or people piling on the candidate whose policy is most like one they can agree with.

On Georgia, we have two tickets with two policies.

One thinks the Georgian people should get humanitarian aid.

The other thinks the Georigan government should get humanitarian and military aid, including anti-aircraft weaponry and anti-armor equipment to help Georgia stand up to Russia all while "re-invigorating NATO as a military alliance, not just a political alliance."

The former is the one being criticized for "paying off aggression that could lead to war."

Ugh. The mind reels.

"Presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama joined Sen. Joe Biden in his call for reconstruction aid for "

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080819/NEWS/80819029

Sorry. I'm with BAC on this one. When you have a still city in ruins and people still living in squalor in those poisonous trailers, you have no place to divying checks to reconstruct other nations.

That implies you've been holding out over here.

Please. He has stated about a zillion times how it is all Georgia's fault and that it must be us that asked for them to do it with nary a mouse fart in the direction of spreading some of that "blame" towards Russia. It's all the US and Georgia working in some random scheme to lose land to Russia.

That's doesn't mean that Russia had NO part in this.

I have an idea, next hurricane season, we'll arrange for Russia to in NO, then maybe they'll get some assistance.

Yeah, kinda like right wingers with Israel.

"Presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama joined Sen. Joe Biden in his call for reconstruction aid for "

Sorry. I'm with BAC on this one. When you have a still city in ruins and people still living in squalor in those poisonous trailers, you have no place to divying checks to reconstruct other nations.

Even if that's your position, the argument that bac is making that there is no difference between the Obama plan and the McCain plan, doesn't hold water, period.

Do you know how much aid to New Orleans has been appropriated but not spent yet?

Even if that's your position, the argument that bac is making that there is no difference between the Obama plan and the McCain plan, doesn't hold water, period.

It does. Period. Money is fungible. If you think the biden money is pure and unable to assist in war machine you're just an idiot.

Well, military aid is infinitely more worse. I'll give you that.

LOL, no but I'm sure you'll tell me and it will be devastating.

Actually, I don't know the total figure. Suffice it to say that it's a whole hell of a lot more than $1 billion. Lack of funds is not the problem with the New Orleans reconstruction efforts.

Back