How can Christianity become so hate driven.

Cool story. Whenever I try to teach you, all I get is your ramblings. You're not educated, and with those bumper stickers you fool nobody, so stop claiming it. And, yes, you need to learn the definition of "fortitude."

One more thing. Stop hitting women.

Sybil is clearly insane. He believes his socks are different people.

hDkTY6E.jpg

Cherry-picking is wrong since it distorts the truth with half-truths. Agreed also about leaping to conclusions from their cherry-picking.

Disagreed that one has to be a scholar of the Midrash* and Talmud to have a valid opinion on the matter. The problem is what you already alluded: people making judgments without all the pertinent information. The Scientific Method should not be feared. If someone believes the Universe was created by God, then why shouldn't the study of the Universe be divine work for the religious?

*Had to look that one up. https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/display/document/obo-9780199840731/obo-9780199840731-0045.xml

Just my short hand way of saying bthat I don't trust anyone's expertise in "interpreting" the OT if they are just cherry picking quotes they googled or found on an atheist blog, without doing the hard work of consulting with Jewish scholars who have actually studied the Midrash and Talmud. Why not study the interpretations of the people who actually wrote the OT?

I didn't see any conflict between science and religion. They are asking different questions.

Just my short hand way that I don't trust anyone's expertise in "interpreting" the OT if they are just cherry picking quotes they googled or found on an atheist blog, without doing the hard work of consulting with Jewish scholars who have actually studied the Midrash and Talmud.

I didn't see any conflict between science and religion. They are asking different questions.
Agreed on cherry-picking. It's a form of lying, IMO. Taking a quote and spinning it out of context to send a message of hate is wrong.

IMO, there should be no conflict between science (fact) and religion (ancient dogma). The people who have a problem with science are either dumbasses who don't understand it or Bible literalists who think the world is only 6000 years old and that dinosaur fossils were placed by the Devil.

My logic is, given God created the Universe and mankind, then studying and understanding the Universe is divine work.

Agreed on cherry-picking. It's a form of lying, IMO. Taking a quote and spinning it out of context to send a message of hate is wrong.

IMO, there should be no conflict between science (fact) and religion (ancient dogma). The people who have a problem with science are either dumbasses who don't understand it or Bible literalists who think the world is only 6000 years old and that dinosaur fossils were placed by the Devil.

My logic is, given God created the Universe and mankind, then studying and understanding the Universe is divine work.

Biblical literalism is the domain of fundamentalist Protestants, and leads basically to ignorance.

If you consider world religions as a whole, I see them as a system of moral imperatives and a program of beliefs for living a genuine human life, as seen from the perspective of that particular tradition.

Biblical literalism is the domain of fundamentalist Protestants, and leads basically to ignorance.

If you consider world religions as a whole, I see them as a system of moral imperatives and a program of beliefs for living a genuine human life, as seen from the perspective of that particular tradition.
I'd expand that to all fundamentalists regardless of religion. ISIS is another example.

I'm certain there are Jewish Fundies too.

The Poorly Educated want all Americans to believe they are as ignorant and stupid as themselves.

IMHO, there's a little insanity going on there too. Something We, the People, should look into.

Gotta love it when an atheist angrily stomps their feet on the floor and demands that a Christian has to make Jewish ritual law, Jewish histories, and Jewish prophets from the OT a major and primary part of the Christian liturgy and Christian experience.

What would they ever complain about if it weren't for the Hebrew bible?

Last edited:
Gotta love it when an atheist angrily stomps their feet on the floor and demands that a Christian has to make Jewish ritual law, Jewish histories, and Jewish prophets from the OT a major and primary part of the Christian liturgy and Christian experience.

What would they ever complain about if it weren't for the Hebrew bible?
It one reason why there seems to be an undercurrent of antisemitism in their posts.

Clearly they hate Christians, but the fact they keep bringing up the OT sends another message about their hate.

It one reason why there seems to be an undercurrent of antisemitism in their posts.

Clearly they hate Christians, but the fact they keep bringing up the OT sends another message about their hate.

I've literally been in dozens of Orthodox churches, and have never seen a religious icon of a Jewish prophet from the Old Testament. All the icons are Jesus, Virgin Mary, the pantheon of Christian saints.

In all the Catholic Mexican practice I have seen, Mexican Catholics are praying to Christian Saints, not to Old Testament Hebrew prophets.

I think there is an agenda for the militant atheist to be so singularly focused on the Hebrew bible, and I'm trying to get them to confess what that agenda is.

Notice atheists never attack them. Or ISIS. They only attack "Christians" and, by inference, Jews.

Getting back to Einstein's theory: that professional militant atheists tend to have had a bad experience with the church their parents indoctrinated them in. Thus, the laser-focused hostility on Christianity, and Christianity alone

I've literally been in dozens of Orthodox churches, and have never seen a religious icon of a Jewish prophet from the Old Testament. All the icons are Jesus, Virgin Mary, the pantheon of Christian saints.

In all the Catholic Mexican practice I have seen, Mexican Catholics are praying to Christian Saints, not to Old Testament Hebrew prophets.

I think there is an agenda for the militant atheist to be so singularly focused on the Hebrew bible, and I'm trying to get them to confess what that agenda is.

IMO, they are haters looking for excuses to hate.

It's inline with the theory that neither religion nor politics makes people crazy but crazy people are attracted to one or both as an excuse to express their craziness.

It doesn't take a Biblical/OT scholar to find violence and hatred in the beliefs of Jews/Christians and their God.

90% of the children born in India today, tomorrow and the next day have basically no chance of worshipping the God of the Bible and it is by no fault of their own. This is true, to varying degrees, for children born in other non-Christian countries. The parents of these children, also by no fault of their own, will also believe in the "wrong" God because of where they were born. This reality can be traced back generations. Yet, according to the rules of the OT and NT, these people have no chance at salvation and, upon God's return to earth, will be cast intoba lake of fire because that's how the God of the Bible and Jesus want it to be. It matters not if they are good, kind and loving people.

Getting back to Einstein's theory: that professional militant atheists tend to have had a bad experience with the church their parents indoctrinated them in. Thus, the laser-focused hostility on Christianity, and Christianity alone
Freud would agree with that theory too.

Being angry is normal and temporary. Hatred is a deeply emotional and sustained state of intense anger. It blinds one to logic. Such a state has a cause. The cause could be external or internal. In this case, because a Christian hurt them or overly religious parents punished/banished them such as for being gay. Internally, as common with racists, it's a feeling of inadequacy and they'd rather blame someone else rather than accept responsibility for improving themselves.

It doesn't take a Biblical/OT scholar to find violence and hatred in the beliefs of Jews/Christians and their God.

90% of the children born in India today, tomorrow and the next day have basically no chance of worshipping the God of the Bible and it is by no fault of their own. This is true, to varying degrees, for children born in other non-Christian countries. The parents of these children, also by no fault of their own, will also believe in the "wrong" God because of where they were born. This reality can be traced back generations. Yet, according to the rules of the OT and NT, these people have no chance at salvation and, upon God's return to earth, will be cast intoba lake of fire because that's how the God of the Bible and Jesus want it to be. It matters not if they are good, kind and loving people.
^^^
Avowed atheist claims Indian kids can't go to Heaven and calls it "reality". :laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

IMO, they are haters looking for excuses to hate.

It's inline with the theory that neither religion nor politics makes people crazy but crazy people are attracted to one or both as an excuse to express their craziness.

What is remarkable is that the atheist Hebrew Bible haters can't seem to find traction to attack the heart and soul of Christian theology: the life, ministry, and teachings of Jesus, the gospels, the messages of spiritual salvation.

We can make fun of the resurrection and the miracles as magic, but we can't really say it's "evil".

The best the militant atheist seems to be able to do is Google some passages from the Hebrew bible.

What is remarkable is that the atheist Hebrew Bible haters can't seem to find traction to attack the heart and soul of Christianity: the life, ministry, and teachings of Jesus, the gospels, the messages of spiritual salvation.

We can make fun of the resurrection and the miracles as magic, but we can't really say it's "evil".

The best the militant atheist seems to be able to do is Google some passages from the Hebrew bible.

HOW ARE YOU NOT A BIBLE THUMPER???? I have NEVER met an agnostic who gest SO BENT when anyone discussed the bad stuff in the OT. Wow.

WOw.

Seriously: explain it to me. You don't have a dog in the fight, why do you get so BENT?

What is remarkable is that the atheist Hebrew Bible haters can't seem to find traction to attack the heart and soul of Christian theology: the life, ministry, and teachings of Jesus, the gospels, the messages of spiritual salvation.

Oh, yeah, and many of us atheists have read the Bible front to back. So stop with fuckin' google shit. You are as bad a mad googler as anyone else.

Back