I'm female, should I run?

I read a bit before joining. Sounds like the ladies here are not amused by how they are treated.

Any positives?

They do have some support from a few of the men here but it probably depends on the thickness of your skin. If it isn't very thick, you may want to think about it. And read some more. It gets pretty dicy out here especially on the weekends when all the righties seem to congregate. But the other women here can always use more help! So if you are a liberal woman which it appears you are they will certainly welcome you.

you haven't met Desh and the rest of the Darlecks.....

Do you even know what a "misogynistic thug" is? I am surprised that you don't, because some of the people you are associated with here, most certainly fit that description. Darla and Desh are most certainly not misogynistic thugs, so shut up already. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks! If I were to stay, I'd likely have 90% of the board on ignore. It's pretty difficult for them to play their little reindeer games if I can't see them. Case in point, idiot with the abortion sig. He was on ignore so fast, it made my fingers dizzy.

He's an odd duck.

Good for you! He's one of the main offenders! But there are others. You'll probably be fine!

They do have some support from a few of the men here but it probably depends on the thickness of your skin. If it isn't very thick, you may want to think about it. And read some more. It gets pretty dicy out here especially on the weekends when all the righties seem to congregate. But the other women here can always use more help! So if you are a liberal woman which it appears you are they will certainly welcome you.

Yes, I am a liberal. ;) And I think the issue has less to do with skin thickness than with my refusal to suffer fools gladly. I don't do well with willful ignorance - so generally, once they kick in with the FOX Echo Chamber Symphony - they go on ignore.

Not only that, but he thinks my name is Boobin? Maybe the "Skittletits!" threw him. ;)

No that is just him getting warmed up. He'll soon be throwing more names that at you! He is a pair with the anti-abortion creep you already have put on ignore. They are both on forced ignore, because I wanted them banned. But unfortunately, when men here chase women around broadcasting their various rape fantasies, all of that is OK, but what isn't allowed is for the victim to collect 36 hours of this filth and bile and put it all together in one post. That act will bring down the wrath of the moderators and owner on you. Especially if you say isn't this too much and shouldn't something be done about it? Then they put the offenders on forced ignore and chastise you for your abstinence in bringing the offensive posts to their attention. Because like the slave holders in the South before the civil war, they were discussing what to do about it when you did that heinous act of collecting all those offensive posts in one place like that!

Never said she wasn't current, said she wasn't the 2014 champion. You don't want to imply to the boot that we've already had our tournament for the year do you?

Well since you didn't have a tournament in 2012 at all, it isn't entirely clear that you are having one in 2014 is it and it certainly won't happen until September or so will it? And she will kick your butt again so don't let it worry you. And that being the case, Darla will be champion for some time in 2014 won't she? And what is all this "boot" shit anyway? Are women a 'boot" or are you up to something else here? She is apparently a woman so why are you calling her a "boot"?

Interesting - but I have a quick question. Are they coming out of the gate being nasty, or are they returning fire. I get pissy when I'm accused of being 'just as bad' when all I did was essentially yodel "Oh FUCK if I have NOT had ENOUGH!!!" And the gloves are off.

Everyone has moods. It depends on the day. Some are nasty coming out of the gate and some are returning what they get.

Interesting - but I have a quick question. Are they coming out of the gate being nasty, or are they returning fire. I get pissy when I'm accused of being 'just as bad' when all I did was essentially yodel "Oh FUCK if I have NOT had ENOUGH!!!" And the gloves are off.

chicken and the egg.

What a lovely way to let everybody off the hook. Thumbs up, I say!

i don't know, I think it keeps everyone on the hook. No excuses. People are largely responsible for their own experience. One can't just say "x person did it first," especially when we are talking about a decade of dialogue and back and forth. At this point, who knows who started it? The more important question is who will finish it rather than perpetuate it.

So far, that answer doesn't exist.

i don't know, I think it keeps everyone on the hook. No excuses. People are largely responsible for their own experience. One can't just say "x person did it first," especially when we are talking about a decade of dialogue and back and forth. At this point, who knows who started it? The more important question is who will finish it rather than perpetuate it.

So far, that answer doesn't exist.

I just got here - and no, life isn't black and white, and you don't get to allow the perpetrator to just keep slapping people until they retaliate, then hold them equally responsible.

Back