In Memoriam - Dixie, Iconic Poster and original p.com crew, passed away 1/22/2018

What you talking about? Dixie could be meaner than a snaggill toothed rattle snake if you crossed him the wrong way but that was part of his charm. His burns could be hilarious. I remember him posting on time after Darla and I were arguing passionately over something and Dixie posted;

“Oh Boy. A pinhead fight!”
:thisisgettinggood:

Ahahahaha! Yes he opined to me about arguing with his detractors as “having to put on hip waders and attempt conversations with pinheads”

What you talking about? Dixie could be meaner than a snaggill toothed rattle snake if you crossed him the wrong way but that was part of his charm. His burns could be hilarious. I remember him posting on time after Darla and I were arguing passionately over something and Dixie posted;

“Oh Boy. A pinhead fight!”
:thisisgettinggood:

"Pinhead" was his favorite insult.

Yes, he could get mean, but within limits.

Scares me. I knew Dixie and I are the same age. Tough blow for him and his family. It was too soon.

Well I know Dixie liked a good Cigar and Whisky. I have an excellent bottle of craft made single barrel Texas Whisky that a friend sent me. I shall drink one for Dixie. It may not be Alabama moon shine but at least it’s Southern Whisk. I think under the Circumstances Dixie would approve. Hell I may even do a Rebel yell in honor of the contrary SOB.
Well I just toasted Dixie with that Texas Whisky but I didn't do a Rebel yell but I did holler "Roll Tide" for him.

Not on your life. If'n I'm still around when you happen to depart you'll get a hearty "Roll Tide" too and if it's vice versa I'll be expecting a "Go Buckeyes!" from you.

Forget it Wacko....aint no way I'm ever yelling "Go Trojans". LOL

Of course I will toast you with a "Go Buckeyes". If I have had enough toasting, I might even sing "I Don't Give a Damn For The Whole State of Michigan".

Mott (still) has no shame...
You'd get a "Go Mariners"...fuck football...you know ND aint getting no love from me. LOL

and yes...that's one of the nice things about being a Protestant. We know Jesus will forgive just about any jerk. Even me.

So we don't do the shame thing like Catholics. My God is my Catholic wife a master of the guilt trip. She loves it when I beg for forgiveness for my many sins and she knows...like you...I'm shameless. She keeps trying though. Can't keep a good woman down. :)

You'd get a "Go Mariners"...fuck football...you know ND aint getting no love from me. LOL

and yes...that's one of the nice things about being a Protestant. We know Jesus will forgive just about any jerk. Even me.

So we don't do the shame thing like Catholics. My God is my Catholic wife a master of the guilt trip. She loves it when I beg for forgiveness for my many sins and she knows...like you...I'm shameless. She keeps trying though. Can't keep a good woman down. :)

Just think of how happy she would be if you repented, and converted to her religion; the one true religion. :D

That's all well and good, but you probably earn points by eating your wife's cooking. Jesus won't forgive you if you don't take communion.

Not on your life. If'n I'm still around when you happen to depart you'll get a hearty "Roll Tide" too and if it's vice versa I'll be expecting a "Go Buckeyes!" from you.

Forget it Wacko....aint no way I'm ever yelling "Go Trojans". LOL

You're a softy, you'll totally do it!

Wouldn't Dixie start posts saying things like "Morning Pinhead..."

Makes me laugh thinking about it

"Pinhead" was his favorite insult.

Yes, he could get mean, but within limits.
I knew a lot of guys like Dixie when I lived in the South. Hard as nails on the outside and old softies on the inside. Good men all. I have to admit I often played devils advocate with Dixie cause I loved his rants and enjoyed provoking him. . Given time and the mood I can write a pretty good rant but just not in Dixie’s off the cuff extemporaneous manner. There he was the Judo master.

I'll admit right here that I didn't read a lot of Dixie's posts. To me he was almost like Faulkner, another Southern intellectual whose prose was far over my head.

Back