Is it moral to avoid taxes?

Is it immoral to avoid paying taxes?

• I don't pay taxes because I live in Mom's basement and use food stamps.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only losers follow the illegal tax laws, the 16th Amendment was never Ratified!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes God told me that. His exact words were: "Don't pay taxes to those Libtard assholes."

You are avoiding accepting responsibility again, SM. And isn't personal responsibility one of your big topics?

YOu want the gov't to legislate morality based on your faith, but you cannot even act in a moral manner in your own affairs.

Not only do you lie for money. You do it continually and plan to do it in the future.

Remember the passage from the bible, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

It seemed interesting to me. Christ paid his taxes and told us to "render unto Caesar", does this mean that avoiding paying taxes is immoral?

Is the money that I earn "mine" or "Caesars"? Does that make a difference?

(I'll be adding a poll, but this is also a discussion thread.)

I chose the first one because I'm an asshole.

Personally, I would probably take every legal measure necessary to not pay taxes (this is to discourage the government from engaging in overly complicated tax schemes). However, I would also probably give most of my money to charity, because as my current plans go I'm probably going to make more money than I need to be happy (barring me getting a family, which is admittedly unlikely unless I ironically decide to marry a hardcore Christian (which, given my state...)).

I do not believe in any murder against jews. I didn't support hitler. he was an asshole. I can, however, see their elitism and globalization stupidity and double standards when it comes to america versus israel.

My approach is merely arguing with them about their idiotic ideas and calling them on their bullshit, something most people are too afraid to do.

OK. I guess I need to pay more close attention to what you say.

You are avoiding accepting responsibility again, SM. And isn't personal responsibility one of your big topics?

YOu want the gov't to legislate morality based on your faith, but you cannot even act in a moral manner in your own affairs.

Not only do you lie for money. You do it continually and plan to do it in the future.

Remember the passage from the bible, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

The Biblical passage only works when you include its companion verse "Go and sin no more." That part always gets left out.

Personally, I would probably take every legal measure necessary to not pay taxes (this is to discourage the government from engaging in overly complicated tax schemes). However, I would also probably give most of my money to charity, because as my current plans go I'm probably going to make more money than I need to be happy (barring me getting a family, which is admittedly unlikely unless I ironically decide to marry a hardcore Christian (which, given my state...)).

Don't give to charity. Give to government!!!

The Biblical passage only works when you include its companion verse "Go and sin no more." That part always gets left out.

Christians completely ignore the passage in its entirety anyway, instead preferring to go for pure and total animal sadism in an age when its not even necessarily valid, so I don't see why it would be any slight at all anyway.

Last edited:

Yea I have no problem with that. Pay what's due and no more. It's hard to define just what exactly that is but if you can do that to your advantage then more power to you. I think in the cases of many forms or taxation that we, the people, are often poorly represented in regards to those taxes and to our disadvantage. Most of the tax issues I've seen in my life time were either to increase the size and scope of the social welfare state or have been regressive tax breaks for the wealthy. I haven't seen much of any geared towards the great bulk of tax payers. The middle class. In fact I'd say that over the last 50 years our tax code is overtly hostile towards the needs of the middle class and is more focused on the two extremes (The wealthy and the poor) then it is on the middle class.

I think the only major political issue in the last 20 years that has been focused towards the middle class is health care reform. At least it's the increased cost and squeezing of middle class household budgets by are current HC system that is the politcal force driving HC reform.

So as this debate unfolds, I just want everybody to pay attention to what folks are saying, because a lot of times politicians will tell you, I’m going to cut your taxes, I’m going to lower the deficit, I’m going to expand Medicare, they’ll tell you, essentially whatever it is they want you to hear.

There will be some who tell you that the closer you get to election day, but the fact is some of these challenges have been building up for decades.

So we’re not going to fix them overnight, but what we can do is make a choice about which direction we want to take this country. What we can do is what we’ve always done, which is shape our own destiny as a nation.

The other thing is, there are no powerful interests to lobby for a clean energy future that may be starting years from now, or the research that may lead to the life-saving medical breakthrough a decade from now.

That’s how we’re going to improve our economy. Government can only do so much.

We’re going to be there to partner with you, but you’re going to have to make it happen.

It is not only my right, but my duty to avoid paying taxes to a government that has usurped the supreme law of the land.

Christians completely ignore the passage in its entirety anyway, instead preferring to go for pure and total animal sadism in an age when its not even necessarily valid, so I don't see why it would be any slight at all anyway.

The passage is important, because Jesus still told the sinner to stop sinning. Not judging does not mean not criticizing, it means not condemning.

It is not only my right, but my duty to avoid paying taxes to a government that has usurped the supreme law of the land.

You claim to make judgements that show your bias, and base that on your religious morality. You are content to condemn others to second-class citizenship, because of your religious morality.

And yet, for a few dollars your morality goes out the window. I think "hypocrisy" is an understatement.

Back