Jan 6th "Thug" called the "Praying Grandma" convicted...

Agreed on all points. That said, “the veneer of civilization is a thin one”. Mankind reverts to his animalistic nature when that veneer is stripped such as when participating in a mob seeking to overthrow our duly elected government.

Agree, I think the religions of the Axial Age came about precisely to address the savage nature of man, and in response to the savage and sometimes brutal nature of life in those times, especially in the late bronze age.

Agreed we’d be guilty of a crime. The main problem for granny is that she broke the law, knows she broke the law and then pleaded not guilty forcing the state through the time and expense of a trial. The smart, non-violent offenders pleaded guilty and took their sentences like honest people.

Examples: https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-capitol-rioters-jailed-sentences-january-6-1826075

Praying for Trump to be successful in overthrowing America's democracy is not a Christian prayer, and not one a Christian God would accept or respond to.

So we should just stop describing what she was doing as just pious 'prayer'

Praying for Trump to be successful in overthrowing America's democracy is not a Christian prayer, and not one a Christian God would accept or respond to.

So we should just stop describing what she was doing as just pious 'prayer'
I’d like to see the court transcript and her sentence (in August), but suspect you are correct.

Trespassing in the people's house?

I don't think so......

homey don't play that.

2isanq.jpg

I’m not a lawyer, but it seems that if she was part of the riot, even if none violent, and followed the violent rioters inside, then she shares part of the guilt as being part of the Insurrectionist mob.

but your innate idiocy make your legal insights worthless.
:truestory:

Agreed we’d be guilty of a crime. The main problem for granny is that she broke the law, knows she broke the law and then pleaded not guilty forcing the state through the time and expense of a trial. The smart, non-violent offenders pleaded guilty and took their sentences like honest people.

Examples: https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-capitol-rioters-jailed-sentences-january-6-1826075

She blames god for her being there. :rolleyes: From the OP article:

Lavrenz, a 71-year-old great-grandmother and owner of a bed-and-breakfast northeast of Colorado Springs, told The Gazette that she had no regrets about storming the Capitol and that she was on a God-driven mission.

I felt I was there on assignment from God,” she told the Colorado Springs newspaper during a phone interview before her trial began.

Back