JOIN THE MARINES...Meet exciting and unusual people AND KILL THEM

LOL. Ok... one thing I have learned is a lot of this stuff is overexaggerated.. that's only for mormon couples that get married in temple.. and you never wear them on a day to day basis or anything.

No. I got that....now "its the worst". It sucks. It seems like everything code pinkers and those crazy moveon.org's predicted has come to pass.

That's what happens when you militarily destabilize a region. There's infighting and power struggles. When Saddam was in power it was stable.

It is the worst now that the British troops were pulled out. It was better after the fall of Saddam and before the troops pulled out.

Also... please show us the number of women murdered in Iraq in 2000, 2001 or any other year prior to the invasion. I'll wait to see your answer. Then we can discuss how "stable" things were for the Iraqi women under Saddam.

#1) We shouldn't have been there in the first place
#2) Even when we do have heavy military presence there are still terror attacks and the region isn't stabilized
#3) Is there some magical piggy bank that I'm unaware of? By my estimates we can't afford to stay there until the sunni's and shiites work their differences out.

She said it well Cawacko.
but you bushies just keep digging the hole deeper.

But SF, things were stable! If we say so, they were! The murders back then were state sanctioned, which makes it all right!

i love how we are able to talk about war and my mormon ex girlfriend in the same thread. justplainpolitics rules.

We are still in Iraq and this is happening SF. As the occupation force this is our fault.
We are responsible for protecting these people.

NO SHIT.... really???? Thanks Captain obvious.

Let me guess, you skipped right over the part where I highlighted when things got worse for these women..... the part that said it got worse when the British troops pulled out. Ya missed that portion didn't you.

You are 100% correct that it is our responsibility. Which is why the idiotic belief that we should just pull our troops out now is not a viable option.

NO SHIT.... really???? Thanks Captain obvious.

Let me guess, you skipped right over the part where I highlighted when things got worse for these women..... the part that said it got worse when the British troops pulled out. Ya missed that portion didn't you.

You are 100% correct that it is our responsibility. Which is why the idiotic belief that we should just pull our troops out now is not a viable option.

Grindism dictates you do what benefits yourself the most. Not dying is a good benefit.

Though I think that we should not have gone to war with Iraq, I have to ask myself what exactly the left thinks will happen if we pull out.

Do you really all think that the Iraqis will start hugging each other and getting along as soon as the US is gone?

#1) We shouldn't have been there in the first place
#2) Even when we do have heavy military presence there are still terror attacks and the region isn't stabilized
#3) Is there some magical piggy bank that I'm unaware of? By my estimates we can't afford to stay there until the sunni's and shiites work their differences out.

1) Does not matter as to what we should do from this point on. WE are there. We are responsible. You see what happens when we pull out too quickly, then turn around and suggest we should pull our troops out now.

2) There were terror attacks within Iraq long before we ever went in. The only difference is that then it was Saddam and his cronies causing the terror. Or are you forgetting the 400,000 found in mass graves?

3) So you are suggesting that we should pull out because of money issues and let more of this occur?

Seriously, though, what do the anti-war people think is going to happen? They seem to be so against civilian casualties, so how many civilians do you think will die if the region is left to chaos?

Uscitizen, are you really suggesting that our troops have no effect upon the amount of violence in the region? You really think that our troops never prevent any civilians from harm?

we are broken up now. She's mormon. She is against drinking and poker O_O. And wants me to eventually convert.

Not a good long term situation :)

She's cool though
They send them to college just for that. Not kidding. If you had asked her to marry you, she more often than not, would have quit school and waited for you.

LOL. Ok... one thing I have learned is a lot of this stuff is overexaggerated.. that's only for mormon couples that get married in temple.. and you never wear them on a day to day basis or anything.

what do they look like? do they come with batteries?

Back