Liberals can’t be Christians

I’m sure He could have but He didn’t

Agreed on didn't. Why? Free Will. It's God's gift to mankind. People like you want to strip away that free will and impose your version of events upon them. That's wrong, Tink. It goes against God's will.

I ordered a keyboard on the advice of Doc and it will be here today by 10 pm

They come in really handy. Smaller and lighter than a laptop. Both the rechargeable and battery ones can last up to 30 hours on a single charge. It's amazing how little power bluetooth uses.

Plus you can have the keyboard in your lap and the phone or tablet on a stand.

They come in really handy. Smaller and lighter than a laptop. Both the rechargeable and battery ones can last up to 30 hours on a single charge. It's amazing how little power bluetooth uses.

Plus you can have the keyboard in your lap and the phone or tablet on a stand.

I got the keyboard today and the adapter comes in tomorrow

Is this your way of acknowledging that many Black Americans are deeply religious, practicing Christians, who also vote for Democrats/liberals because their beliefs align with their principles? Good. Perhaps there is hope for you.

BTW, if "voting has nothing to do with Christianity," why then do you assume that anyone who votes for ppl on the Left is not a Christian? You're talking out of both of your orifices again.

Here, have a meme. :laugh:

SfKAN3H.jpg

That means they put the Democrat party above what the Bible says. Being a Democrats is more important to them than being a Christian

Yes, the Catholic church loves the uneducated 'masses'.

I'm not going to join you in saying that Catholics and stupidity are synonymous.

I will wrap up with the fact that when you pointed to the New Testament as an authoritative source of Christianity, you were in fact deferring to the authority of the Church to interpret scripture. You were, in a very real sense conceding to me that average morons shouldn't be in a position to give you their own interpretations of the NT

Jesus didn't hand anyone any books, any corpus of law, any scrolls of religious scripture.

Men wrote many things about Jesus in the first and second centuries. It was the Church and Ecclesiastical authorities who decided which books would be canonized, which would be treated as scripture and which wouldn't.

Most world Christian traditions consider it perfectly reasonable that it is in the Church's purview to interpret scripture --> the creation of the New Testament canon itself was a form of church interpretation.

I'm not going to join you in saying that Catholics and stupidity are synonymous.

I will wrap up with the fact that when you pointed to the New Testament as an authoritative source of Christianity, you were in fact deferring to the authority of the Church to interpret scripture. You were, in a very real sense conceding to me that average morons shouldn't be in a position to give you their own interpretations of the NT

Ms. BP's emotions dominate her ability to reason.

Martin Luther's 95 Theses (OCT 1517), assisted by Gutenberg's printing press (operational 1450ish) helped put Christians in direct contact with the Bible instead of going through the Latin interpreters in the Catholic church.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Ninety-five-Theses
uther originally had no intention of breaking from the Catholic church, assuming that his call for theological and ecclesiastical reform would be heard, and ordinarily his theses would have been of interest only to professional theologians. However, various political and religious situations of the time, and the fact that printing had been invented, combined to make the theses known throughout Germany within a few weeks. Luther did not give them to the people, although he did send copies to the archbishop of Mainz and to the bishop of Brandenburg. Others, however, translated them into German and had them printed and circulated. Thus, they became a manifesto that turned a protest about an indulgence scandal into the greatest crisis in the history of the Western Christian church, and ultimately Luther and his followers were excommunicated.

Ms. BP's emotions dominate her ability to reason.

Martin Luther's 95 Theses (OCT 1517), assisted by Gutenberg's printing press (operational 1450ish) helped put Christians in direct contact with the Bible instead of going through the Latin interpreters in the Catholic church.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Ninety-five-Theses
uther originally had no intention of breaking from the Catholic church, assuming that his call for theological and ecclesiastical reform would be heard, and ordinarily his theses would have been of interest only to professional theologians. However, various political and religious situations of the time, and the fact that printing had been invented, combined to make the theses known throughout Germany within a few weeks. Luther did not give them to the people, although he did send copies to the archbishop of Mainz and to the bishop of Brandenburg. Others, however, translated them into German and had them printed and circulated. Thus, they became a manifesto that turned a protest about an indulgence scandal into the greatest crisis in the history of the Western Christian church, and ultimately Luther and his followers were excommunicated.

Exactly. Luther never believed average morons should be out there coming up with their own interpretations of the bible.

Luther and Calvin both thought they had the only true interpretation of the bible, and while people should be able to read the bible in their own language, the correct interpretation of the bible was the ones Luther and Calvin had articulated

Back