Liberals can’t be Christians

Exactly. Luther never believed average morons should be out there coming up with their own interpretations of the bible.

Luther and Calvin both thought they had the only true interpretation of the bible, and while people should be able to read the bible in their own language, the correct interpretation of the bible was the ones Luther and Calvin had articulated

After about 1500 years of Peter's Church, Luther's ideas were a radical change....which also kicked off another 500 years of religious warfare. :)

After about 1500 years of Peter's Church, Luther's ideas were a radical change....which also kicked off another 500 years of religious warfare. :)

The religious wars were a tragedy.

On the other hand, there probably were real benefits attributable to the rise of Protestantism. Some scholars would say literacy, democracy, and modern capitalism were indirectly influenced by the growth of Protestantism and Protestant practices.

The religious wars were a tragedy.

On the other hand, there probably were real benefits attributable to the rise of Protestantism. Some scholars would say literacy, democracy, and modern capitalism were indirectly influenced by the growth of Protestantism and Protestant practices.

Agreed. Change is hard for some people. Those in power hate to lose it.

Agreed on the benefits. Catholicism, like monarchism, had a strict hierarchy with parishioners, like peasants and commoners, at the bottom of the ladder. Protestantism helped level the playing field.

The argument could be made that the first protestant nation was the first modern democracy due to Protestantism. :)

https://www.history.com/topics/european-history/great-awakening
Great Awakening
The Great Awakening was a religious revival that impacted the English colonies in America during the 1730s and 1740s. The movement came at a time when the idea of secular rationalism was being emphasized, and passion for religion had grown stale. Christian leaders often traveled from town to town, preaching about the gospel, emphasizing salvation from sins and promoting enthusiasm for Christianity. The result was a renewed dedication toward religion. Many historians believe the Great Awakening had a lasting impact on various Christian denominations and American culture at large.

Pay me or bet me to do so. Your little Lib Hating dance is ridiculous and dishonest.

There you go again. First you "hate with a passion" then you lie about me. You're a fucking moron if you believe you are a Christian, LIbHATER.

IMO, you're a liar and a hater. If you do something violent or cause others to be harmed, I hope you are taken down with the full force of the law.

LOL! What a wimp you are.

Agreed. Change is hard for some people. Those in power hate to lose it.

Agreed on the benefits. Catholicism, like monarchism, had a strict hierarchy with parishioners, like peasants and commoners, at the bottom of the ladder. Protestantism helped level the playing field.

The argument could be made that the first protestant nation was the first modern democracy due to Protestantism. :)

https://www.history.com/topics/european-history/great-awakening
Great Awakening

Nice.

The Massachusetts Bay Puritans were pretty tyrannical.

But Roger Williams in Rhode Island and William Penn in Pennsylvania brought to America a moderated Protestant tradition of egalitarianism l, pluralism, and decentralized authority (by the standards of the day) which provided fuel in America's move towards pluralism and democracy

You're free to kneel before your Dark Lord and suck his cock until your stomach is full, LibHater.

Thanks for finally admitting that "Liberals Can't Be Christians" by giving your perception of Christ as a Dark Lord. That's not bad, it only took you to the 205th
post to make the OP's message a fact in reality. The rest of the anti Christian liberals here could also now take a break as you've all been exposed as the anti Christians you've always been.

Nice.

The Massachusetts Bay Puritans were pretty tyrannical.

But Roger Williams in Rhode Island and William Penn in Pennsylvania brought to America a moderated Protestant tradition of egalitarianism l, pluralism, and decentralized authority (by the standards of the day) which provided fuel in America's move towards pluralism and democracy
Agreed about the MBPs, but let's not forget they immigrated from a continent full of tyrants. They were products of their time.

Still, as you pointed out, the "moderated Protestant tradition", as part of the "Age of Enlightenment" brought forth the ideas that became the foundation of our nation.

Thanks for finally admitting that "Liberals Can't Be Christians" by giving your perception of Christ as a Dark Lord. That's not bad, it only took you to the 205th
post to make the OP's message a fact in reality. The rest of the anti Christian liberals here could also now take a break as you've all been exposed as the anti Christians you've always been.
LOL You really think high school level banter works, LibHater? Is that why you never made it higher than supervisor? Too stupid to go higher?

Agreed about the MBPs, but let's not forget they immigrated from a continent full of tyrants. They were products of their time.

Still, as you pointed out, the "moderated Protestant tradition", as part of the "Age of Enlightenment" brought forth the ideas that became the foundation of our nation.

Concur.
I don't think Roger Williams gets nearly enough credit in garden variety tales of American history, and his importance in influencing religious freedom, pluralism , and egalitarianism in America is often overlooked.

Roger Williams was an English-born New England Puritan minister, theologian, and author who founded Providence Plantations, which became the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations and later the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. He was a staunch advocate for religious freedom, separation of church and state, and fair dealings with the American Indians.[2]

Williams' defense of the Indians, his accusations that Puritans had reproduced the "evils" of the Anglican Church, and his insistence that England pay the Indians for their land all put him at the center of many political debates during his life. He was considered an important historical figure of religious liberty at the time of American independence, and he was a key influence on the thinking of the Founding Fathers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Williams

LOL You really think high school level banter works, LibHater? Is that why you never made it higher than supervisor? Too stupid to go higher?

Referring to Christ as the Dark Lord looks to be something one would hear from high school banter, if not worst. Just admit that a liberal/leftist/communist like you are not a Christian, and the chances of you ever becoming one rank around zero.

Referring to Christ as the Dark Lord looks to be something one would hear from high school banter, if not worst. Just admit that a liberal/leftist/communist like you are not a Christian, and the chances of you ever becoming one rank around zero.
You're the only one doing that, dumbass. Take your Satanic hate, roll it into a tube and stick it up your dark nether regions.

Your intense hatred proves you are not Christian, but I believe God doesn't hold mentally ill fuckwits accountable. OTOH, US law does. LOL

You're the only one doing that, dumbass. Take your Satanic hate, roll it into a tube and stick it up your dark nether regions.

Your intense hatred proves you are not Christian, but I believe God doesn't hold mentally ill fuckwits accountable. OTOH, US law does. LOL

Just saw that sliding signature of yours that says 'GOD BLESS AMERICA', yet you go on to call GOD a Dark Lord. So what it is Mr. Hypocrite, should we all be behind GOD blessing America, or should we kneel to the likes of people like yourself who says GOD is a Dark Lord? I LOVE GOD, do you? Obviously you don't.

Just saw that sliding signature of yours that says 'GOD BLESS AMERICA', yet you go on to call GOD a Dark Lord. So what it is Mr. Hypocrite, should we all be behind GOD blessing America, or should we kneel to the likes of people like yourself who says GOD is a Dark Lord? I LOVE GOD, do you?
^^^
Raging nutjob can't see the truth through his own hatred.

Do you have Red Flag laws in your state, LibHater? Can you still legally own a gun?

I'm not going to join you in saying that Catholics and stupidity are synonymous.

I will wrap up with the fact that when you pointed to the New Testament as an authoritative source of Christianity, you were in fact deferring to the authority of the Church to interpret scripture. You were, in a very real sense conceding to me that average morons shouldn't be in a position to give you their own interpretations of the NT

shut up stupid

shut up stupid

I don't think you were aware that there were many gospels written about Jesus in the decades after his execution.

So every time you point to the New Testament as religious authority, you are actually conceding to the status of the Church's authority to interpret canon. The church decided which writings counted as canonical scripture, and which didn't.

I don't think you were aware that there were many gospels written about Jesus in the decades after his execution.

So every time you point to the New Testament as religious authority, you are actually conceding to the status of the Church's authority to interpret canon. The church decided which writings counted as canonical scripture, and which didn't.
The funny thing, they rejected scriptures that Gospel writers used and Jesus quoted.

I do not care about your stupid religion. Read this again to make sure you understand.

Back