Liberals can’t be Christians

The takedown by the judge who overturned the ban on gender affirming care was epic., He rightfully pointed out that the law had the opposite effect of what the hateful bigots claimed. The number of people seeking that care is so small as to be irrelevant, as is the number of trans females participating in women’s sports. To hear these hateful transphobes tell it there are hundreds of thousands. That would be overstating by a factor of a thousand. This is the dumbest fucking wedge issue ever.

Absolutely agree.

Another problem with banning trans care for minors* is that in some rare cases, babies are born with congenital reproductive system anomalies. Parents are faced with having to decide which gender to choose for their infant, and medical care (including surgery in some instances) proceeds from there. This gives the child the chance to grow up appearing "normal." These anomalies are almost as rare as trans/gender dysphoria. IMO it is an area where politicians need to butt the fuck out and let medical professionals and parents deal with it.

* Caveat: I have not read any of the bills banning trans care so my comments are based on the assumption that exceptions for congenital gender anomalies were not addressed in them.

What does the Bible say?
I’m not a Christian, I do not care what the Bible states, but if you want a good read on the subject, I suggest you read,
“What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality” by Daniel A. Helminiak, PhD and writings on the issue by John S. Slong, Episcopal Bishop of Newark, NJ.

What does the Bible say?

The Bible says many things, including many contradictory things. I've read it several times. Too bad you haven't.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." -- Jesus, John 13:34-35

"And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”" -- Jesus, Luke 10:27

"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”" -- Paul, Galatians 5:14

No where can you find a passage where Jesus mentions homosexuality, abortion, CRT, trans people, or any of the other things that make you Reichwingers pee yourself in fear.

The Bible says many things, including many contradictory things. I've read it several times. Too bad you haven't.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." -- Jesus, John 13:34-35

"And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”" -- Jesus, Luke 10:27

"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”" -- Paul, Galatians 5:14

No where can you find a passage where Jesus mentions homosexuality, abortion, CRT, trans people, or any of the other things that make you Reichwingers pee yourself in fear.

There is nothing contradictory in the Bible, only your understand of what is being said.

God doesn’t make mistakes.

I’m not a Christian, I do not care what the Bible states, but if you want a good read on the subject, I suggest you read,
“What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality” by Daniel A. Helminiak, PhD and writings on the issue by John S. Slong, Episcopal Bishop of Newark, NJ.

I don’t need someone to tell me what the Bible says when I can read it from the Bible itself.

I think God is the authority here, not some liberal despot.

I don’t need someone to tell me what the Bible says when I can read it from the Bible itself.

I think God is the authority here, not some liberal despot.
You interpret the Bible to reflect your agenda, it’s not necessarily what the “Bible says”

There is nothing contradictory in the Bible, only your understand of what is being said.

God doesn’t make mistakes.

Then why the need for Jesus? Answer: To correct his mistake. But of course, the whole thing is a steaming pile of bullshit.

As you interpret that, of course. :awesome:

If "God doesn't make mistakes," why did he create gay ppl? Republicans? Despots like Trump, Hitler, Pol Pot?

You really don't know? To make straight white people feel better about themselves. God's truly chosen people are white Anglo-Saxon Christians. DUH.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

My only agenda is what God wants.

If you really subscribe to what Leviticus says about homosexuality, then why are you living your life in accordance with the rest of the rules in Leviticus, like Jewish ritual purity laws, animal sacrificial rites, etc.

Christianity is based first and foremost on the New Testament. The only tangible reasons the Old Testament matters is because it contains prophecy about Jesus, it has the decalogue, and it has a creation story.

Jesus himself never mentioned gay sex or abortions, and the fact that he studiously ignored talking about it means he did not consider them very important in his vision of moral and spiritual liberation for humanity.

If you really subscribe to what Leviticus says about homosexuality, then why are you living your life in accordance with the rest of the rules in Leviticus, like Jewish ritual purity laws, animal sacrificial rites, etc.

Christianity is based first and foremost on the New Testament. The only tangible reasons the Old Testament matters is because it contains prophecy about Jesus, it has the decalogue, and it has a creation story.

Jesus himself never mentioned gay sex or abortions, and the fact that he studiously ignored talking about it means he did not consider them very important in his vision of moral and spiritual liberation for humanity.

Jesus also never mentioned abusing children so does that mean He approved of it in your view?

Jesus didn’t speak about a lot of things but. If it was spoken about in the OT and He didn’t change it then that would mean He agrees with it.

Yep. But yeah sure, other people's choice of the "wrong" sexual partners is a "sin." :awesome:

Being gay isn't even listed in the Ten Commandments, so it can't be considered in the upper echelon of sins.

Trump commits adultery and lies, those are category 1A sins, so I would expect holy rollers to rush to condemn Trump well before they considered condeming gays

Jesus also never mentioned abusing children so does that mean He approved of it in your view?

Jesus didn’t speak about a lot of things but. If it was spoken about in the OT and He didn’t change it then that would mean He agrees with it.

Jesus spoke openly about non-violence, and universal love, so that directly answers your question about whether Jesus approved child abuse.

Nope, Jesus reinterpreted the Jewish law. He said it wasn't enough to just love your neighbors. You had to love your enemies too and practice pacifism

You should read the bible sometime

Back