Louisiana Requires All Public Classrooms to Display Ten Commandments

Freedom of religion means whatever an individual chooses to believe. It is not limited to Christianity or any other religious doctrines, scriptures.....
The problem with Christians is they get anxious if anyone does not abide by it.
As if their belief is challenged by someone not believing it.

Freedom from Religion too!
Why do you keep referring to the text of the 10 Commandments as a "picture?"
How is your freedom of religious exercise inhibited by a picture in a school?
It does not violate freedom of exercise. It violates the establishment of religion clause of the 1st amendment. Freedom of religion applies to individual beliefsf and actions. The establishment of religion applies to government action affecting religion.

The problem with Christians is they get anxious if anyone does not abide by it.
As if their belief is challenged by someone not believing it.
True, and not just believing it but accepting the "correct" interpretation of the scripture. I have found that is also true of other religions and not just Christianity.

You don't have to recite something to violate the 1st. Government is to remain neutral--do noting to enhance or hinder religion. The same would apply to Jewish symbols, Islamic symbols, Hindu, etc.

Agreed. It's favoritism toward one religion unless all religions are offered the same access.

Would it be okay to teach a "Religions of the world" class? Of course. Just as long as all religions are treated and covered equally.
I disagree with the part about offering all religions the same access. If the school allowed all religions to place symbols, prayers, etc. on a hall bulletin board that has no secular purpose. It clearly has a religious intent. However, if it was some nonreligious display and different religions were allowed to include displays, that would be ok.

Yes, a course in "Religions of the World" or a "History of the Bible" is ok. It cannot proselytize.

Why do you keep referring to the text of the 10 Commandments as a "picture?"
Same thing the other forced-religionist here did, only she referred to it as an 11"x14" "poster." When the content is questioned, they try to pretend that the content is just some innocent feel-good thing and not an attempt to pushing a particular religious faith. Stupid4Jesus wants to also pretend that the Establishment Clause doesn't pertain to public schools or buildings despite the fact that they are government-funded and thus considered by several U.S.Sct. rulings as such.

True, and not just believing it but accepting the "correct" interpretation of the scripture. I have found that is also true of other religions and not just Christianity.
Whooo boy! That “correct” interpretation thing.

There are currently somewhere around 5800 Greek manuscripts of the NT. None of which are the originals, merely copies of copies of copies….They contain hundreds of thousands of variants.

Good luck on the “correct” version!

you are really a jerkoff
Quick, use this. :laugh:

9BVY4Y7.jpg

I disagree with the part about offering all religions the same access. If the school allowed all religions to place symbols, prayers, etc. on a hall bulletin board that has no secular purpose. It clearly has a religious intent. However, if it was some nonreligious display and different religions were allowed to include displays, that would be ok.

Yes, a course in "Religions of the World" or a "History of the Bible" is ok. It cannot proselytize.
Spiritual beliefs are part of what we are even if it's believing in the Dark Lord himself. Hail Satan! I have no doubt this will be tested in court and Louisiana will look like idiots.....again.

8usj8z.jpg

The Lord is the universal deity and his laws are universal. That some wish to sin and not follow him is on them

The very words of the ten commandments clearly tells us that the commandments were for the Jewish people ONLY

1. God never brought non Jews or their ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."
  2. The Lord has not given non Jews the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"
  3. Since the Sabbath is a sign between God and fleshly Israel, there is nothing requiring non-Jews to keep it (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)
  4. If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates". Obviously the Gentiles (strangers) were never required at any point in earth history to keep the Sabbath or 10 commandments no matter why you are taught by your religion of idolatry , also very disrespectful having a cross inside of the star of David given the history of your christian cross and Jews

Co oping someone else's scripture to push yours seems to be a xtian thing

Last edited:
An 11 X 14 inch poster is not going to damage anyone...
Constitutional prohibitions about establishment of religion have nothing to do with harming anybody. It is to keep government neutral in religious matters.

Harm does become an issue in freedom of religion. If going under 80 miles of hour is against my religion, I could cause harm to others if exempted from following the law. But if I am Jehovah's Witness and cover the "Live Free or Die" slogan on the NH license plate, it does not hurt anything because the identifying numebers are still visible meaning I can be exempted from following that law (obstructing any portion of a license plate) if it is against my religious beliefs.

Whooo boy! That “correct” interpretation thing.

There are currently somewhere around 5800 Greek manuscripts of the NT. None of which are the originals, merely copies of copies of copies….They contain hundreds of thousands of variants.

Good luck on the “correct” version!
Yes, the copies of copies often resulted in errors. Catholic priests were schocked when they learned the correct word was actually "celebrate."

Gov. Jeff Landry signed legislation on Wednesday requiring the display of the Ten Commandments in every public classroom in Louisiana, making the state the only one with such a mandate and reigniting the debate over how porous the boundary between church and state should be.

This is clear violation of first amendment.
Meh first test at the constitutional viability of such a law is The Lemon Test. SCOTUS would have to toss it, which is certainly possible with so many Catholics sitting on the court.

That would most definitely create a backlash against evangelicals and Catholics.

Back