Michigan: Right to Work defeats Right to Pork

Take it up with 007, he's the one using her as the standard of NHS failure.

YOU made the post and drew the conclusion I was commenting on....

She got treatment in the US in 2010 and her cancer came back.......................

So the problem is not with the medical care in either the UK or the US.

DO YOU care to clarify that it is unfair to make sweeping conclusions on one or even 10 particular cases ...

and if 007 did it, I'd say the same to him/her

She got treatment in the US in 2010 and her cancer came back.......................

DO YOU care to clarify that it is unfair to make sweeping conclusions on one or even 10 particular cases ...

Go back and read the threads, Popeye. 007's been making sweeping generalizations for weeks now that all NHS care sucks and all US care is golden.

The strange thing is the people who use those "absolutely filthy, shitty service, in foul insanitary hospitals, with crappy staff and under qualified doctors" live longer than the people in the US. Maybe the average American is being killed by cleanliness and too much service? :dunno:

I'll have to check with 007. :rolleyes:

Or maybe the life expectancy is calculated differently in the two countries

And of course you have some proof that this happened. Oh and a link to a pro union website....nah don't think so. A link from a news source would work.

I'm not going on what someone else said. I've seen it myself. An employer does not require a reason to dismiss an employee.

That is different when a union is involved. It's as straight forward as that.

I HAVE job security, its called DOING my job and doing it well. I have never been fired for doing my job, in fact, because I AM good at my job my boss went to bat for me when a client did not like me because I did not kiss her ass, and possibly saved my job. Imagine that, NO union either.

Good for you. May others be so fortunate but they are not.

I am part of the English minority where I live. I have experienced discrimination both ways. Many years ago, I applied for a job and was told outright I lacked experience but I was hired because I was English. Of course, there was more than one occasion when I wasn't hired because I was English.

When I lived out west I worked for companies that discriminated against East Indians. I was told straight up not to help an employee because he was East Indian.

I've seen plenty of discrimination and favoritism. At one company when there was a fight between a white guy and a black guy I was told to either vouch for the white or say I didn't see anything. Needless to say I didn't stay at that company very long.

I've seen the tricks. Unfortunately, many people just chalk it up to life and accept it. I guess I'm different.

Or maybe the life expectancy is calculated differently in the two countries

Or maybe they don't drive as far to work. Or eat less red meat. Those were other reasons offered.

There may be a number of reasons. The point is government medical care is certainly not killing them and it's available to everyone and the vast majority of citizens in those countries prefer it. And it's cheaper.

It must be doing something right.

Or maybe they don't drive as far to work. Or eat less red meat. Those were other reasons offered.

There may be a number of reasons. The point is government medical care is certainly not killing them and it's available to everyone and the vast majority of citizens in those countries prefer it. And it's cheaper.

It must be doing something right.
It is not available to everyone, some are required to pay twice, others are denied treatment on a whim.
Like I said, enact your NHS, put politics into MEDCINE, don't tell me I didn't warn you!

You are forgetting one tiny insignificant detail, Ruby Owen is alive today because of the substandard US doctors who removed the cancer.
The NHS wrote her off.
Still do.
2 years of life has no value?

Oh that is complete horseshit!

007 is right here in this thread stating quite falsely that EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY with socialized healthcare is collapsing...where is your vaunted condemnation for that outrageous nonsense?

You are forgetting one tiny insignificant detail, Ruby Owen is alive today because of the substandard US doctors who removed the cancer.
The NHS wrote her off.
Still do.
2 years of life has no value?

My guess is that bravo thinks you're a fuck'n limey dolt for trying to make "sweeping conclusions."

Which is kinda funny because you two fuckers are advocating against universal healthcare.

I'm thinking you bastards all ought to get together and work shit out amongst yourselves - maybe even as a collective group learn the meanings of a few logical fallacies while you're at it...my two cents...

My guess is that bravo thinks you're a fuck'n limey dolt for trying to make "sweeping conclusions."

Which is kinda funny because you two fuckers are advocating against universal healthcare.

I'm thinking you bastards all ought to get together and work shit out amongst yourselves - maybe even as a collective group learn the meanings of a few logical fallacies while you're at it...my two cents...
Your two cents?
It ain't with 2 cents!

I've seen the inside of a veteran's hospital and believe me, it's not a shit hole.

Then you found one of the few good ones, the one I have to use is the Dayton VAMC and they have had 70+ malpractice lawsuits filed against them.
The last time I was there the CHIEF of Ortho told me that there was nothing wrong with my knee, would not look at the MRI DVD I had, nor read the MRI report. Said the only reason the Civ. Dr. wanted to do surgery was so he could get paid.....
A month later I had my 5th knee surgery, but nothing was wrong with it.

I'm not going on what someone else said. I've seen it myself. An employer does not require a reason to dismiss an employee.

That is different when a union is involved. It's as straight forward as that.

So your assertion is that EVERY company is the same....no chance that the specific company/management you worked for were just a bunch of shitheads, but all companies/management is that way.

Good for you. May others be so fortunate but they are not.

I am part of the English minority where I live. I have experienced discrimination both ways. Many years ago, I applied for a job and was told outright I lacked experience but I was hired because I was English. Of course, there was more than one occasion when I wasn't hired because I was English.

When I lived out west I worked for companies that discriminated against East Indians. I was told straight up not to help an employee because he was East Indian.

I've seen plenty of discrimination and favoritism. At one company when there was a fight between a white guy and a black guy I was told to either vouch for the white or say I didn't see anything. Needless to say I didn't stay at that company very long.

I've seen the tricks. Unfortunately, many people just chalk it up to life and accept it. I guess I'm different.

And I have seen people kept because of gender or skin color.

And I have seen people kept because of gender or skin color.
I've experienced that but only it was religious descrimination. I was raised in a region that's about 95% German Catholic and we were one of the few Methodist families in town. Needless to say it was made perfectly clear by the Catholic majority that not only was I of lower social standing (even though my father was a physician with an upper middle class income) but that I was really less than a life form.

I've experienced that but only it was religious descrimination. I was raised in a region that's about 95% German Catholic and we were one of the few Methodist families in town. Needless to say it was made perfectly clear by the Catholic majority that not only was I of lower social standing (even though my father was a physician with an upper middle class income) but that I was really less than a life form.

Where was this?
I see your in Cbus, I work downtown and grew up on the Hilltop.

Back