Minimum Income

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is poverty in the US. It might not measure out quite like poverty in a third world country (thank goodness) but there are people in the US who can't always feed their families, who can't heat their houses, who can't afford the basics like shoes that aren't totally worn out.

There are people in the US living in tent cities because they can't afford shelter.

There IS poverty in the US.

http://www.nclej.org/poverty-in-the-us.php

And these tent cities are..............................where?

I humbly beg USF's pardon as my word choice has done much to offend him. Never would I dare to risk burdening him with a negative emotion because he felt I used a word inappropriately. The minor detail that all the articles use the words "tent cities" not "tent encampments" is, of course, immaterial because USF knows better. I am sure all those web sites, all those newspapers, all the wikipedia people will immediately go in and change their wording because USF is offended.

I humbly beg USF's pardon as my word choice has done much to offend him. Never would I dare to risk burdening him with a negative emotion because he felt I used a word inappropriately. The minor detail that all the articles use the words "tent cities" not "tent encampments" is, of course, immaterial because USF knows better. I am sure all those web sites, all those newspapers, all the wikipedia people will immediately go in and change their wording because USF is offended.

About time you paid attention.
Just don't let it happen again.

NOW, WHERE'S MY SANDWICH? :chesh:

HEY; you're the one who made "tent city" part of the topic, not me. :)

while I am happy to take the burden of your unhappiness on myself, and to toil to rectify it, I must, for sake of accuracy, point out it was 007 who said there was no poverty in the US; and "tent cities" were just one of my examples showing that there is poverty in the US...

unfortunately, we bbq'd steaks tonite, so there is no sandwich...once again, I have failed you miserably. How shall I ever recover from my disgrace?

while I am happy to take the burden of your unhappiness on myself, and to toil to rectify it, I must, for sake of accuracy, point out it was 007 who said there was no poverty in the US; and "tent cities" were just one of my examples showing that there is poverty in the US...

unfortunately, we bbq'd steaks tonite, so there is no sandwich...once again, I have failed you miserably. How shall I ever recover from my disgrace?

So you admit that you were the one who entered the subject matter into the discussion.
I'm glad to see that you've learned to take responsibility for your actions. :)

You can make amends, by baking me a cake. :chesh:

Poverty is part of the discussion...tent cities which do exist in America, are examples of poverty here in our country and a direct rebuttal to 007's assertion that poverty does not exist.

Poverty is part of the discussion...tent cities which do exist in America, are examples of poverty here in our country and a direct rebuttal to 007's assertion that poverty does not exist.

Pretty much what I thought... and if USF knew the extent of my baking skills, pretty sure he'd retract that request quicker than a swallow can turn on the wind.

Yes, there is poverty in the US. It might not measure out quite like poverty in a third world country (thank goodness) but there are people in the US who can't always feed their families, who can't heat their houses, who can't afford the basics like shoes that aren't totally worn out.

There are people in the US living in tent cities because they can't afford shelter.

There IS poverty in the US.

http://www.nclej.org/poverty-in-the-us.php
No there isn't.
I've seen poverty everywhere else on earth.
Europe, Asia, India, Africa, oceana.

There is no poverty in the USA.
Because there is freedom, there is no poverty.
What you call poverty is in fact choice.

That is not poverty.
That is choice.
Tent cities my arse!!
How many people live in tent cities in the USA?
Provide evidence?

Tent cities, my arse!

Wow, 007, you really have a strange way of looking at the world. That's all I can say.
Tent cities.
How many us citizens live in tent cities in the USA?

Can you say that?
Or will you fall back on the liberal cop out!
Hurl abuse!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back