Morning folks.

Nope. The clue is the lettering on the hood.

So a '64.

attachment.php

4-wheelin' is a blast, isn't it?
Years ago, my father and I both shot a deer, we drug them to an old logging road and walked down to get my Bronco. On the ride up to get them, he told me I was nuts! On the way back down, he said this thing works pretty good (probably because we didn't have to drag them!).

I used mine mostly pulling our 30ft cabin cruiser out of the water. Most of our launches are steep.

Some of the kits are better than the original car, I suspect. Here's my 390 under the hood. Lots of mods, including EFI.

View attachment 5105
Yes, the repo's are better, depending who built them. This is a factory built Unique Motorcars replica. The 427 has a Crowler cam and 750 Holley DP with enlarged secondaries. Needless to say, it runs pretty good.
Eng & Int 001.jpg

Yes, the repo's are better, depending who built them. This is a factory built Unique Motorcars replica. The 427 has a Crowler cam and 750 Holley DP with enlarged secondaries. Needless to say, it runs pretty good.
View attachment 5106

Nice. I love the factory coolant tank.

Engine masters recently did a comparison on air cleaners that you might want to look into. That tiny one on yours might be restricting your top end.

The chart below is the bottom line on that testing for the most of us. The second column is the power loss over an open carburetor (base setup). The HP column is where that filter combo starts to restrict the HP over the base setup.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1
The factory bumper has a spot for it, and without a plate on it looks ugly. At licenseplate.tv you can make up any classic plate you want.

In NC, you can register any car over 35 years old as an antique. This gives you two major benefits:
  • You can run any antique plate for that year on the rear, in its legal position. Buy one on ebay, have one made, whatever. You must carry the DMV issued plate in the car and present it to a police officer if he asks to see it. Most guys just stick it in the trunk somewhere.
  • The county that you live in can only tax your vehicle up to a $500 evaluation.

I choose to run my DMV issued plate on the rear and a "fake" plate on the front.

Attachments

• IMG_20150813_235851387.jpg
    IMG_20150813_235851387.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Thunder.jpg
    Thunder.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 2
The factory bumper has a spot for it, and without a plate on it looks ugly. At licenseplate.tv you can make up any classic plate you want.

In NC, you can register any car over 35 years old as an antique. This gives you two major benefits:
  • You can run any antique plate for that year on the rear, in its legal position. Buy one on ebay, have one made, whatever. You must carry the DMV issued plate in the car and present it to a police officer if he asks to see it. Most guys just stick it in the trunk somewhere.
  • The county that you live in can only tax your vehicle up to a $500 evaluation.

I know all that.

How many cars have you claimed to own over the years you've been posting here?

I mean using all your alts, like Southern Man, DamnYankee, whatever that alt was that included 'Loyal to the End' etc.

Back