Museum of Atheism

The caustic and unrelenting hatred of Christianity certainly has psychological origins.

I detest bible thumping theocrats, Islamic Sharia law, and the Hindu caste system.

But that does not lock my mind up into a fossilized dogma of hate. I can recognize where world religions have played important or interesting roles in human historical, cultural, or ethical development

Hatred is an unnatural condition and needs a cause.

Agreed that understanding various religions is not condoning them.

Most people are peaceful. The areas of the world that are not peaceful are the ones where a lot of hate arises. Usually over resources or geography.

Odd. Cypress always throws out 'Aristotle', along with a dozen other Philosophers, as he waxes on about religion. The ploy seems to be, by association with great Greek Philosophers, he can imply religion is just as meaningful.

Incorrect.

Your mind-reading skills need to be upgraded.

Incorrect.

Your mind-reading skills need to be upgraded.

No. I'm pretty sure I'm right on this point. You even tossed out Martin Luther King, Jr. on one occasion. You attempt to 'legitimize' your position by rattling off a list of respected people in their own realm so as to make the association with your position seem as powerful.

:) Possibly.
But he does have interesting discussions without most of the name-calling around here. That's a plus.

:rofl2:

IIrony

You troll him until he calls you on it and you claim he's the asshole? Look in a mirror, Jack. :laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

No. I'm pretty sure I'm right on this point. You even tossed out Martin Luther King, Jr. on one occasion. You attempt to 'legitimize' your position by rattling off a list of respected people in their own realm so as to make the association with your position seem as powerful.

Aquinas, Anselm, and Scotus are not in the same league as Plato and Aristotle.

The importance of the Medieval Christian scholars and monks is the role they played in preserving the Greek knowledge, and incorporating it into the western civilization tradition.

Aquinas, Anselm, and Scotus are not in the same league as Plato and Aristotle.

The importance of the Medieval Christian scholars and monks is the role they played in preserving the Greek knowledge, and incorporating it into the western civilization tradition.

Cy: "The importance of the Medieval Christian scholars and monks is the role they played in preserving the Greek knowledge, and incorporating it into the western civilization tradition.'
Jack; Yeah. AFTER the Christians DESTROYED every book they could find that held a different position than the Bible. Let's give credit to the Arabs for reintroducing Europe with the Ancient Past.

Again, you try to white wash the religious book burners.

Hatred is an unnatural condition and needs a cause.

Agreed that understanding various religions is not condoning them.

Most people are peaceful. The areas of the world that are not peaceful are the ones where a lot of hate arises. Usually over resources or geography.

Agree.
You cannot understand history, sociology, politics, culture, ethics without having a good working knowledge of world religions.

You might as well try to learn physics without learning Newtonian mechanics.

Half the time I can reduced a bible thumper to a quivering pile of jello because I know Christian history and theology better than they do

Back