Nuclear News Thread

I have little doubt the Palestinian Authority has corruption and is probably pretty bad at running their "country". But it is irrational to assume that Israel isn't partially responsible for this.

That's like claiming Russia is corrupt and the US is responsible for that...

You mean despite embargoes and economic sanctions put on them by Israel and walling them off from opportunities outside of their "ghetto"?

Got news for you. Eqypt and Jordan both have closed borders with the Palestinian territories because they too don't want the Palestinians doing shit in their countries either.

Egypt Closes the Border With Gaza Indefinitely
https://www.telesurenglish.net/news...der-With-Gaza-Indefinitely-20210823-0004.html

If you demonize people and make up a lie about them on the whole of course it is easy to justify treating them badly or just watching them live in squalid conditions.

WTF? Hamas is a self-proclaimed terrorist organization. The Palestinian Authority is 100% corrupt. The other smaller factions are as corrupt and terrorist as the big two are. Those are facts. The Palestinian's leaders are the ones creating the economic and social disaster that is occurring.

The Palestinians have been a political football among the Arab states since 1948. The Arab states are in part responsible for the state of the Palestinians. They were a useful tool to use against the Israelis.

Well, that's their problem. Sure as hell doesn't help that their leaders attempted coups against other Arab states like Jordan. I think both the other Arab states and Israel would rather see them disappear entirely. Of course, that isn't going to happen. It's like having Compton or East LA as your neighboring city. You don't want their criminal shit spilling over into your city...

Russia invades Ukraine using the same justifications Israel did for maintaining control of the WB and Gaza (historical blah blah)...and somehow that's Biden's war????

Russia wanted secure borders from nuclear- NATO hegemony. Do you really think that that's comparable to the nuclear-armed neo-Zionist fascists invading Palestine to slaughter and steal from unarmed Palestinians ?

Biden wanted Nord Stream shut. The Germans did not. It's Biden's war.

Got news for you. Eqypt and Jordan both have closed borders with the Palestinian territories because they too don't want the Palestinians doing shit in their countries either.

Egypt Closes the Border With Gaza Indefinitely
https://www.telesurenglish.net/news...der-With-Gaza-Indefinitely-20210823-0004.html

WTF? Hamas is a self-proclaimed terrorist organization. The Palestinian Authority is 100% corrupt. The other smaller factions are as corrupt and terrorist as the big two are. Those are facts. The Palestinian's leaders are the ones creating the economic and social disaster that is occurring.

Well, that's their problem. Sure as hell doesn't help that their leaders attempted coups against other Arab states like Jordan. I think both the other Arab states and Israel would rather see them disappear entirely. Of course, that isn't going to happen. It's like having Compton or East LA as your neighboring city. You don't want their criminal shit spilling over into your city...

^^^^And this is why there will never be peace.

It's nothing like it whatsoever. The European pseudo-Jews destroyed 400 Palestinian villages and expelled 750,000 indigenous Palestinians from their homes before invading their country and declaring a state in it.
You need analogy lessons.

Russia wanted secure borders from nuclear- NATO hegemony.

LOL. No. Sorry. Russia wants to re-expand. Putin wants to re-establish an empire. And getting ahold of the agricultural lands of Ukraine would sit nicely with him.

The Germans did not. It's Biden's war.

Do you understand what cause and effect are? Biden wasn't in office when this war started. Just sayin'.

Do you really think that that's comparable to the nuclear-armed neo-Zionist fascists invading Palestine to slaughter and steal from unarmed Palestinians ?

Yes because Russia is also nuclear armed and is invading its neighbor using the same pretexts Israel uses to maintain control over the territories it occupies.

Neither state has a legitimate historical claim to anything, and neither state is truly threatened at its borders.

^^^^And this is why there will never be peace.

Thought experiment:

If Israel disappeared tomorrow, population and all, there'd still be fighting in the Palestinian territories. If the Palestinian territories disappeared tomorrow, Israel and their neighbors would be at peace. It's clear where the problem lies.

Thought experiment:

If Israel disappeared tomorrow, population and all, there'd still be fighting in the Palestinian territories. If the Palestinian territories disappeared tomorrow, Israel and their neighbors would be at peace. It's clear where the problem lies.

I highly recommend you read history of the state of Israel.

And, as I keep pointing out, that's 100% on the Palestinians. They don't want peace. They want revenge and war.

I think that the regular, ordinary Palestinians want peace and security so they can live their lives and do their thing...but I think the leadership has different goals.

It's a shame because if the two sides had agreed to the 2000 proposal, there'd be a vibrant, economically successful Palestinian state existing side by side with an equally vibrant, economically successful Israeli state.

I wonder why. Did you ever wonder why the Palestinians would hold a grudge against the Israelis?

I don't want Israel occupying the WB and Gaza anymore than you do...but I can empathize with Israel not wanting to negotiate with someone who lacks full authority to make those peace deals.

Right now, the Palestinians do not have that representative, so there's no one for Israel to negotiate with...and they can't negotiate a deal with just Hamas because Hamas only represents the Palestinians in Gaza, not elsewhere.

Why should Israel engage in negotiations with someone who doesn't have the authority to speak on behalf of all Palestinians?

LOL. No. Sorry. Russia wants to re-expand. Putin wants to re-establish an empire. And getting ahold of the agricultural lands of Ukraine would sit nicely with him.

The Russians requested secure borders- and were ignored. You're quite mistaken. Any material gains from absorbing previously-Ukrai nian territory will be viewed as compensation for the EU commerce that Biden, in his Nord-Stream frenzy, has denied them. THis was obvious from reports in 2020.

Are you aware that US oligarchs had already purchased huge swathes of Ukrainian agricultural assets ?

Do you understand what cause and effect are?

I'd think carefully before addressing me with condescension. You're smart- but you've only got half a grip on the fundamentals.

Biden wasn't in office when this war started. Just sayin'.

True- the US-led coup was in 2014- but that was just the usual US divide-and-conquer hegemony in action. Biden's focus on EU/Russian ties - and how to destroy them - lays the war right on his indoor slippers.

Back