Ohios secratary of state admitt the 04 elelction could have been stolen

Long story short, Republicans are going to have to figure out a way to win Ohio by a few million votes instead of a mere 100k in order to get Dims to STFHU... :wall:

I seem to remember almost all of the right-wingers attacking desh when she posted about probable election tampering in Ohio. Mostly, they just used Appeal to Ridicule fallacy, while claiming that it was almost impossible to tamper with the vote.

...not that I ever expect a right-winger to admit to being wrong.

Because the article says 'could have' 'possible' etc. Every vote could be fixed. It's possible to tamper with every type of voting system. As long as humans are involved there will never be a 100% fail proof system.

That's not to suggest that we should accept fradulent elections because we should not. But this article does nothing to prove the election was stolen.

Last edited:
Ohio's Secretary of State announced this morning that a $1.9 million official study shows that "critical security failures" are embedded throughout the voting systems in the state that decided the 2004 election. Those failures, she says, "could impact the integrity of elections in the Buckeye State." They have rendered Ohio's vote counts "vulnerable" to manipulation and theft by "fairly simple techniques."

you do realize that this also means that the democrats might have been even more behind in ohio, tampered with the machines and couldn't close the gap right?

but of course, vulnerabilities only help republicans, what was i thinking.

Because the article says 'could have' 'possible' etc. Every vote could be fixed. It's possible to tamper with every type of voting system. As long as humans are involved there will never be a 100% fail proof system.

That's not to suggest that we should fradulent elections because we should not. But this article does nothing to prove the election was stolen.

in deshworld..

could be possible = 100% happened

I hate how stuff like this gets dismissed as tinfoil conspiracy garbage.

That's why no one in the MSM will go after this story in a serious way. They don't want to subject themselves to ridicule & charges of bias.

It's really kind of sickening...

I hate how stuff like this gets dismissed as tinfoil conspiracy garbage.

That's why no one in the MSM will go after this story in a serious way. They don't want to subject themselves to ridicule & charges of bias.

It's really kind of sickening...

Yes it is.

I was one of those that criticized shrubbie 4 years ago as a conspiracy theorist, a wackjob, a lunatic....

But the more I learn, the more I realize how corrupt this country is, I don't see these ideas as far fetched any more. The corruption goes right up the ladder. Politics of power does not in any way preclude parties from engaging in shenanigans.

Sadly, I'm becoming of the school that our elections are not fair anymore.

I've read enough about it to think it's possible, and someone would have to be completely naive to think that something like this can't happen, or that there is no way people could get away with it if they did try it.

The one thing I read that freaked me out was one county in OH that Bush garnered well over 90% of the vote in, when it generally skewed a little over 50/50 for the Dem/Republican.

It warrants a more intensive investigation in the media than it gets.

sorry I forgot to mention you darla...you are a donkey....known as a ASS!;)

Is there anyone else here who ever thought for one micro-second that I was young libertarian? Anyone at all?

Is there some reason I am unaware of why we have to pretend that this frigging wet-brain fool is even sentient?

Is there anyone else here who ever thought for one micro-second that I was young libertarian? Anyone at all?

Is there some reason I am unaware of why we have to pretend that this frigging wet-brain fool is even sentient?

Yeah because we need to understand those Bush enablers.
Well we need to at least understand theat they have mental problems.

Thanks AC. we have no democracy without clean elelctions.

We have a mockracy at the current time.

What we have is a plutocracy disguished as a democracy.

What we have is the result of what the "get government off the backs of business" crowd have been asking for .. and more.

Business now controls the government.

the republicans have loonies who believe in the religous cartoon charecter and the dems have Kusenich with the UFO's and the Deshite's who believe cons do all the cheating. both buy a lot of tabloids.:clink:

Yes it is.

I was one of those that criticized shrubbie 4 years ago as a conspiracy theorist, a wackjob, a lunatic....

But the more I learn, the more I realize how corrupt this country is, I don't see these ideas as far fetched any more. The corruption goes right up the ladder. Politics of power does not in any way preclude parties from engaging in shenanigans.

Sadly, I'm becoming of the school that our elections are not fair anymore.

The problem with Desh is that she believes it is mainly the Reps that pull this crap. She refuses to see that it is BOTH parties that continue to play with the election results. It should be mandatory to have a state issued photo ID to vote. Most of us already have a DL or state ID anyway. I do agree with Desh that electronic voting machines should not be used UNLESS they have a paper trail for verification purposes.

The problem with Desh is that she believes it is mainly the Reps that pull this crap. She refuses to see that it is BOTH parties that continue to play with the election results. It should be mandatory to have a state issued photo ID to vote. Most of us already have a DL or state ID anyway. I do agree with Desh that electronic voting machines should not be used UNLESS they have a paper trail for verification purposes.

I don't agree 100% with everything Desh ever posts. But, you guys have been abusive, and name-calling towards her for years. And the funny thing is? Her opinions and judgement when it comes to a whole host of issues, have been correct far more often that yours has. Give her a high five! :)

I don't agree 100% with everything Desh ever posts. But, you guys have been abusive, and name-calling towards her for years. And the funny thing is? Her opinions and judgement when it comes to a whole host of issues, have been correct far more often that yours has. Give her a high five! :)

That's absolutely correct and most of her critcism comes from people who haven't been right about one single damn thing.

funny how that works

That's absolutely correct and most of her critcism comes from people who haven't been right about one single damn thing.

funny how that works

Could that be because when your opponents are correct you try to dismiss them as if it didn't happen? Such as in WRL's thread about Dem corruption? When you stateed something like "well its about time they cheated". Acting like Dems haven't been doing it for over 40 years (at least). You simply dismiss it as if they are simply catching up to the Reps with regards to corruption. I suppose you are simply forgetting about Kennedy/Nixon in Illinois. yeah, that didn't happen....and it has been happening ever since.

But when someone brings up voter ID requirements, you act as if that won't help the problem. While it will not solve the intimidation and suppression problems that both sides use, it will help the fraud.

But please, continue to provide us the same line of BS that Desh uses, that it is just the Reps messing with the elections. The longer you are brainwashed into believing it is just "the other party" the longer both parties will be able to continue to screw you over.

Could that be because when your opponents are correct you try to dismiss them as if it didn't happen? Such as in WRL's thread about Dem corruption? When you stateed something like "well its about time they cheated". Acting like Dems haven't been doing it for over 40 years (at least). You simply dismiss it as if they are simply catching up to the Reps with regards to corruption. I suppose you are simply forgetting about Kennedy/Nixon in Illinois. yeah, that didn't happen....and it has been happening ever since.

But when someone brings up voter ID requirements, you act as if that won't help the problem. While it will not solve the intimidation and suppression problems that both sides use, it will help the fraud.

But please, continue to provide us the same line of BS that Desh uses, that it is just the Reps messing with the elections. The longer you are brainwashed into believing it is just "the other party" the longer both parties will be able to continue to screw you over.

"when someone brings up voter ID requirements, you act as if that won't help the problem. While it will not solve the intimidation and suppression problems that both sides use, it will help the fraud"

In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud

WASHINGTON, April 11 — Five years after the Bush administration began a crackdown on voter fraud, the Justice Department has turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to skew federal elections, according to court records and interviews.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/washington/12fraud.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Just as with Iraqi WMD, your inventing a problem in your mind that requires a "solution". Voter fraud is a virtually non-existant problem. The problem is with voter suppression, getting all votes counted, and party operatives mischief behind the scenes. The problem is not with citizen voters, themselves.

I have to say, it is friggin' hilarious that you are naive enough to believe that rigging votes is something either party is not capable of doing.

Agreed. Which is why we should have photo ID requirements and why we should have paper trails for all electronic voting machines.

Back