Onward Christian soldiers

My goodness...no wonder you're so popular around here:)

It's your holiday today! No costume necessary

27537__26765.1695681146.png

I'm not criticizing Joe Biden. I think he is on record himself saying that his religious faith informs his values, and his values inform some of his policy preferences. The New Testament social gospel has historically been at the heart of civil rights, slavery abolition, social welfare, pacifism.

I think that most people of my generation were, pretty much, all raised up with Christian values.

Now, even though there are only 10 commandments, additionally there were also thousands of DO's & DON'TS preached in the Holy Bible.

So I am assuming that the 10 Commandments and these thousands of Do's & Don'ts preached in the Bible reflect Christian Values.

It was only as I grew up in my teens that I started to question certain Commandments and DO's & DON'TS preached in the bible.

In fact, I just skipped the first 4 of the 10 commandments altogether, as they seemed a little bit all too AUTOCRATIC, or even all too controlling for me. And a lot of the Do's & Don'ts that ended up as Bible Verse I found stupid or asinine, such as if you look at something God does not want you to look at- THE ALMIGHTY GOD would turn you into stone etc., and etc., and etc.

Sorry, but at 14, I looked at a Playboy magazine, and I felt something getting hard, BUT I OK'd and justified it instantly! :laugh:

OK, all joking aside, I BELIEVE WE ALL KEPT THE MOST IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN VALUES WE WERE RAISED TO BELIEVE IN, AND WE PERSONALLY SCRAPPED THE ONES THAT SEEMED NONSENSICAL TO OUR INDIVIDUAL SELVES.

WHY? Because we are humans and sinners first- BEFORE WE ARE CHRISTIANS, holly rollers, Agnostics, Athiests, or devil worshipers- or WHATEVER WE BECAME.

Last edited:
Jesus was all about love and compassion towards others especially the needy and weak

That’s the kind of morality I can get behind

I wish all Christians actually honored his words

Jesus was all about love and compassion towards others especially the needy and weak

You really should honor his words... Very good advice...

A Christian shouldn't demonize people for simply thinking differently. Libhater's attempts at hate the sin, not the sinner aren't very successful as all he does is belittle people. He doesn't need to not criticize but his attempts end up just being mean. Heck, I'm not perfect myself as I will act silly and poke a couple of trolls every once and a while. Libhater wouldn't be pasting all this vitriol he finds online if he were trying not to hate. His title calling leftists braindead is a clear example of hating the person and not the belief or actions produced. Hating on liberals not liberalism.

No one's perfect, but those who claim to be perfect are always suspect. LibHater made that claim by posting he's never lied.

But you get a pass huh
I am going to pass out candy...some little toys and school supplies for those who can't have candy...and treats for the pups...I was going to do Patrol, but it's freezing, and we are fortunate to have officers everywhere tonight to handle any problems should they arise...We do have our share of protesters even in this tiny town...guess which party that might be? Anyway...
Until we meet again...;)

My goodness...no wonder you're so popular around here:)

You just better know right up front- I am not impressed by You or any of your fellow TRUMPTARDS!

In fact you people disgust me!

If you want my respect, or want me to be impressed, you actually have to live in reality, know right from wrong, speak only the truth, respect the law of the land, AND PRACTICE DEMOCRACY AS A PHILOSOPHY AND WAY OF LIFE!

OK! YOU GOT THAT? BECAUSE I DO NOT THINK THAT IS TOO MUCH TO FUCKING ASK OF YOU!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jesus was a Liberal by Trumper standards. The Lib Haters would crucify him again.

I think that most people of my generation were, pretty much, all raised up with Christian values.

Now, even though there are only 10 commandments, additionally there were also thousands of DO's & DON'TS preached in the Holy Bible.

So I am assuming that the 10 Commandments and these thousands of Do's & Don'ts preached in the Bible reflect Christian Values.

It was only as I grew up in my teens that I started to question certain Commandments and DO's & DON'TS preached in the bible.

In fact, I just skipped the first 4 of the 10 commandments altogether, as they seemed a little bit all too AUTOCRATIC, or even all too controlling for me. And a lot of the Do's & Don'ts that ended up as Bible Verse I found stupid or asinine, such as if you look at something God does not want you to look at- THE ALMIGHTY GOD would turn you into stone etc., and etc., and etc.

Sorry, but at 14, I looked at a Playboy magazine, and I felt something getting hard, BUT I OK'd and justified it instantly! :laugh:

OK, all joking aside, I BELIEVE WE ALL KEPT THE MOST IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN VALUES WE WERE RAISED TO BELIEVE IN, AND WE PERSONALLY SCRAPPED THE ONES THAT SEEMED NONSENSICAL TO OUR INDIVIDUAL SELVES.

WHY? Because we are humans and sinners first- BEFORE WE ARE CHRISTIANS, holly rollers, Agnostics, Athiests, or devil worshipers- or WHATEVER WE BECAME.

When one looks at most of those Commandments, they are nothing more than what a reasonable person would adhere to, regardless of a religion or even in the absence of one.

- Don’t lie
- Don’t steal
- Don’t kill
- Honor your parents
- Don’t be jealous
- Don’t fuck your neighbor’s wife

I would say the Ten commandments are Torah Law of the Israelites. As you indicate at almost half those laws are ritualistic or priestly law of the ancient Israelites.

My read is that distinctly Christian values are really encapsulated in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew) and the Sermon on the Plain (Luke)

When one looks at most of those Commandments, they are nothing more than what a reasonable person would adhere to, regardless of a religion or even in the absence of one.

- Don’t lie
- Don’t steal
- Don’t kill
- Honor your parents
- Don’t be jealous

It seems obvious to us in a 21st century context. But I believe Judaism, Christianity, and Islam in principle raised the value of human life in antiquity.

Child sacrifice was common in the pagan Mediterranean world of the first millennium BCE. In Bronze Age Greece it wasn't a crime or even neccesarily frowned upon to dispose of infants that were percieved to be a burden. In Pre-islamic Arabian culture, it was generally accepted that baby girls would be buried alive if the father wanted baby boys, as they were far more valuable in that cultural context. As for stealing, might-makes-right was commonly accepted as a law of nature. Thucydides description of the Milean debate famously highlights this.

Humans have been living for two thousand years with the ethical context of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism that it's seeped into our DNA and seems like common sense after all these centuries. Just my two cents.

It seems obvious to us in a 21st century context. But I believe Judaism, Christianity, and Islam in principle raised the value of human life in antiquity.

Child sacrifice was common in the pagan Mediterranean world of the first millennium BCE. In Bronze Age Greece it wasn't a crime or even neccesarily frowned upon to dispose of infants that were percieved to be a burden. In Pre-islamic Arabian culture, it was generally accepted that baby girls would be buried alive if the father wanted baby boys, as they were far more valuable in that cultural context. As for stealing, might-makes-right was commonly accepted as a law of nature. Thucydides description of the Milean debate famously highlights this.

Humans have been living for two thousand years with the ethical context of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism that it's seeped into our DNA and seems like common sense after all these centuries. Just my two cents.

Cypress, I’m not so sure it’s that obvious for many people, even today.

Thou shalt not kill really wasn’t meant to be literal. It meant ‘don’t kill your own tribe’, but slaughtering the enemy’s tribe was fine. Apparently, that still applies.

Lying has been institutionalized by our politicians, and taken to a new level by our former president. And without a blink from his (supposed) Christian supporters.

Here we are, again, in another Mideast war directly involving two of those major religions, with the third as an accomplice, over stolen land.

So much for those religions following their roots.

- Don’t lie
- Don’t steal
- Don’t kill
- Honor your parents
- Don’t be jealous

Agreed. Good social rules of order. Religious texts contained the wisdom and standards of a society. In a village of illiterate peasants, they were lucky to have one book of wisdom and, back in the day of Western Civilization, that was the Bible. At least around the Med and Europe. In the Near East, about 4,000 years ago was the Code of Hammurabi. https://www.britannica.com/topic/Code-of-Hammurabi

The background of the code is a body of Sumerian law under which civilized communities had lived for many centuries. The existing text is in the Akkadian (Semitic) language, but, even though no Sumerian version is known to survive, the code was meant to be applied to a wider realm than any single country and to integrate Semitic and Sumerian traditions and peoples. Moreover, despite a few primitive survivals relating to family solidarity, district responsibility, trial by ordeal, and the lex talionis (i.e., an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth), the code was advanced far beyond tribal custom and recognized no blood feud, private retribution, or marriage by capture.

All good rules for "civilized communities".

That's where christ insanity diverges from Judaism,, christ insanity looks at humans as bad depraved sinners, Not so with Judaism.

- Don’t lie
- Don’t steal
- Don’t kill
- Honor your parents
- Don’t be jealous

Moses should have come down off the mountain and just told people to practice the Golden Rule.

That's probably the only rule we really need!

Moses should have come down off the mountain and just told people to practice the Golden Rule.

That's probably the only rule we really need!

What do you do with people who refuse to obey the golden rule?

Forgiveness only goes so far when it comes to survival and keeping your loved ones safe.

- Don’t lie
- Don’t steal
- Don’t kill
- Honor your parents
- Don’t be jealous

Reasonable? ... even little kids will lie, cheat, steal and kill.

Back