Onward Christian soldiers

^^ Yet another 'Christian' who doesn't understand his own religion.

JOHN 18:36 meaning...."Jesus did not say that His dominion and authority did not include this world or that His realm was a transcendent spiritual Neverland. The kingdom of Jesus does not advance by worldly means, but Jesus still reigns over the kingdoms of this world."

--> R.C. Sproul Protestant Theologian and Presbyterian minister

There are thousands of Christian denominations because there are disagreements on meanings and priorities.

The Bible was written for the masses, the scholars, and everyone in between. Each will get what they need from it, or not.

Scholars may delve into the history and original Hebrew. For instance, Barabbas means "son of the father", and the "king of the Jews" at the time was Caesar. Or they can study the Apocryphal texts or the commonalities among other religions.

Christ teaches us to forgive. And the hardest thing to do is to forgive ourselves.

Last edited:
^^ Yet another 'Christian' who doesn't understand his own religion.

JOHN 18:36 meaning...."Jesus did not say that His dominion and authority did not include this world or that His realm was a transcendent spiritual Neverland. The kingdom of Jesus does not advance by worldly means, but Jesus still reigns over the kingdoms of this world."

--> R.C. Sproul Protestant Theologian and Presbyterian minister

yeah that interpretation is fucked in the head stupid.

and you're dumber than a shitstick.

the biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

all kingdoms being endorsed by god is a noahide idiot concept.

what did the devil offer jesus in his temptation in the dessert?

Kingdoms.

Last edited:
Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Why? Will it change the current dynamics 100 years later? Would it stop Iran from supplying weapons and training to both Hamas and Hezbollah? Would it bring back all the dead babies slaughtered on October 7th?

maybe you won't be such a clueless fucking idiot.

yeah that interpretation is fucked in the head stupid.

and you're dumber than a shitstick.

the biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

all kingdoms being endorsed by god is a noahide idiot concept.

what did the devil offer jesus in his temptation in the dessert?

Kingdoms.

So you were wrong that Jesus was actually talking about a transcendant spiritual never-land above the clouds, and I was correct that Jesus was taking about an eternal God's kingdom on Earth based on divine law rather than on worldly laws and politics. And that is true of both the Synoptic gospels and John's gospel.

The last question remaining is why on this thread, over and over and over, an agnostic would know more about Christianity than self-identified 'Christians' actually know about their own religion.

So you were wrong that Jesus was actually talking about a transcendant spiritual never-land above the clouds, and I was correct that Jesus was taking about an eternal God's kingdom on Earth based on divine law rather than worldly laws and political. And that is true of both the Synoptic gospels and John's gospel.

The last question remaining is why on this thread, over and over and over, an agnostic would know more about Christianity than self identified 'Christians' know about their own religion.

no.
you're missing the point.

the kingdoms of earth are the devil's to give.

jesus's kingdom is not of this earth.

So you were wrong that Jesus was actually talking about a transcendant spiritual never-land above the clouds, and I was correct that Jesus was taking about an eternal God's kingdom on Earth based on divine law rather than on worldly laws and politics. And that is true of both the Synoptic gospels and John's gospel.

The last question remaining is why on this thread, over and over and over, an agnostic would know more about Christianity than self-identified 'Christians' actually know about their own religion.

You’ve just described the difference between faith and knowledge.

We study the word and the history of the times is why.

We study the word and the history of the times is why.

I think you're right.

We like to learn about history. I know you are very well read on history.

Learning about history isn't just memorizing the names and dates of kings. A true curioisity about history is the panoply of political history, intellectual history, religious history, and cultural history.

IMO, it's because most of the self-identified Christians are lip-service Christians. They don't walk the walk much less study their own religion. They go through the motions and then do whatever the fuck they want including spreading hate, evil and division against their neighbors.

IMO, it's because most of the self-identified Christians are lip-service Christians. They don't walk the walk much less study their own religion. They go through the motions and then do whatever the fuck they want including spreading hate, evil and division against their neighbors.

A kernel of truth there.

A lot of MAGAs just like to be told what to think. Whether it's by Trump or by a fire and brimstone preacher.

It actually takes genuine curiosity to critically study the literature of the bible and the history of religion. Critical literary exegesis is done by theologians and seminary students, so it's not just something that's a cover for atheism.

I think you're right.

We like to learn about history. I know you are very well read on history.

Learning about history isn't just memorizing the names and dates of kings. A true curioisity about history is the panoply of political history, intellectual history, religious history, and cultural history.
It just fascinates me, like finding out “the eye of the needle” was an actual physical gate.

Luke 18:25 that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven…

A kernel of truth there.

A lot of MAGAs just like to be told what to think. Whether it's by Trump or by a fire and brimstone preacher.

It actually takes genuine curiosity to critically study the literature of the bible and the history of religion. Critical literary exegesis is done by theologians and seminary students, so it's not just something that's a cover for atheism.

All the MAGAts I know are either not very bright or are slipping their gears.

It just fascinates me, like finding out “the eye of the needle” was an actual physical gate.

Luke 18:25 that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven…

I didn't know it referred to an actual landmark!

Back