Raping children is evil (fact)

You can't be on both sides. Either there is objective morality or you believe you can't factually determine what "ought" to be. Which one is it?
There are three basic types of ethics.

Deontology: Moral principles are just true. Attributed to Kant.
Utilitarian: Moral principles are just useful or pragmatic.
Virtue Ethics: Moral principles are a list of virtues or good ways to act.

There are three basic types of ethics.

Deontology: Moral principles are just true. Attributed to Kant.
Utilitarian: Moral principles are just useful or pragmatic.
Virtue Ethics: Moral principles are a list of virtues or good ways to act.
Right. Now try thinking for yourself.

Are you saying that you can't objectively say that raping children is immoral.

Nice try. The surgeries they're referring to is mastectomy, which is done on 15 - 17. I disagree with that.

And you just keep lying - hoping that you can distort reality until the election. As I predicted, you go from one lie to another, back to the first, back to the second.

Genital mutilation of children is a major goal of the democrat party - but polls poorly.

There was a time when Americans were horrified at female genital mutilation done by Muslims - now we have genital mutilation pushed on children of both genders - driven by the very sick democrat party.

Raping and abusing children causes them life long harm and actual physical health problems
Both the Left and Right fail when it comes to morality.

The Right (largely Christians) believe that morality only comes from their "God"... who's behavior is anything but moral in many cases. That moral direction comes from a horrible, man-written book.

The Left fails because of their adherence to the concept of moral relativism. The belief that morality is subjective and, sure, throwing acid in a girl's face, for the "crime" of wanting to learn how to read, may seem immoral and evil to us, but who are we to tell Muslim fundamentalists that they are immoral? They just have a different moral 'code'.

But, there is a scientific reality behind morality. It's based on the experiences of conscious beings and, as your article references, the long term impact of things like rape and abuse.

Last edited:
Yes. Finally you stopped lying about what I say.

I'd ask you to explain how that is a statement about moral relativism, but I know you are not up to the task.
If rape isn't objectively/factually immoral, then it's subjective and based on opinion. If you believe it's subjective and based on opinion.... that's moral relativism.

No. Ethics is just the conventions or norms a society makes for itself. Calling it objective is meaningless.
Right... so you're saying ethics are relative to what society/culture/part of the world you live in.

Tell me again how you aren't talking about moral relativism?

Moral Relativism asserts that moral standards are culturally-defined and therefore it may be impossible to determine what is truly right or wrong.

I did not make that claim.
Hume: (In his last post) Ethics is just the conventions or norms a society makes for itself.

Me: Oh, so you're saying that ethics/morality isn't factual but is a creation of the society/culture, etc you live in?

Hume: No. That's not what I said.

200w.gif

Last edited:
Hume: (In his last post) Ethics is just the conventions or norms a society makes for itself.

Me: Oh, so you're saying that ethics/morality isn't factual but is a creation of the society/culture, etc you live in?

200w.gif
I ignore posts with stupid pictures.

I ignore posts with stupid pictures.
No problem. I'll post it again, sans the picture:

Hume: (Now two posts ago) Ethics is just the conventions or norms a society makes for itself.

No problem. I'll post it again, sans the picture:

Hume: (Now two posts ago) Ethics is just the conventions or norms a society makes for itself.

Good, we are in agreement so far.

Back