Ron Paul Tea Party

Prior to 2000, knowing politics kept this nation moving forward.

Piss, moan, and whine all you want .. Ron Paul is a minor bit player who will return to obscurity in about a couple of months .. if not sooner.

Who's pissing and moaning.. I'm laughing at you.

Mike is doing OK despite his lack of money/spending. He'll never hang in there but he is doing well.

BAC, is this what you were referring to?

Yes it was.

Huckabee has become a real player and he didn't do it by trying to force credibility into the public.

He did it without tea parties and money days.

Naw .. you're pissing and moaning .. and whining.

Don't worry, the pain will be over soon.

Yes, pissing and moaning that Ron Paul just broke John Kerry's single day fundraising efforts. Or maybe I'm just laughing at you because you are trying to minimize what he just did being 'Mr. Irrelevant'. It's hilarious that all your efforts BAC, knowing POLITICS so well, he's still sticking around and making headlines. Show more poll #'s!

He's only .5%, oh now he's only 2%, oh now he's only 4%, now 5%.....

It keeps growing, and now he has more money to play with. It's amazing he's got 5% of 'likely' voters now, so all of those 'young' voters out there that aren't represented, new voters who have been discouraged by Politics over the past decade, Democrats who have switched over.. none of them are considred in these poll #'s, we will see just how much support he has when the primaries roll around. It ain't 5%.....

Yes, pissing and moaning that Ron Paul just broke John Kerry's single day fundraising efforts. Or maybe I'm just laughing at you because you are trying to minimize what he just did being 'Mr. Irrelevant'. It's hilarious that all your efforts BAC, knowing POLITICS so well, he's still sticking around and making headlines. Show more poll #'s!

He's only .5%, oh now he's only 2%, oh now he's only 4%, now 5%.....

It keeps growing, and now he has more money to play with. It's amazing he's got 5% of 'likely' voters now, so all of those 'young' voters out there that aren't represented, new voters who have been discouraged by Politics over the past decade, Democrats who have switched over.. none of them are considred in these poll #'s, we will see just how much support he has when the primaries roll around. It ain't 5%.....

I'm amazed by what amazes you.

5% at this stage of the process means LOSER, and if you knew much of anything about POLITICS you wouldn't have to be taught this lesson. No sane person that knows anything about politics, including Ron Paul, believes he has a ghost of a chance at winning the nomination. He's still in single digits in his own state.

Go read up on "closed primaries" then come back and tell me about how democrats are going to vote for him.

Cue Cypress:

":( He didn't hit 12 million. He's completely irrelevant, that's why I post about him all the time. He's cratering :("

But then he'll start giving himself high 5's for "predicting" that McCain would tank. LOL

Congratulations to Ron Paul and his supporters. That was a butt load of money they raised.

His poll numbers really haven't gone up significatly anywhere since the Guy Fawkes money bomb, and in some states they've actually gone down. So, it remains to be seen if money and enthusiasm can actually translate into broadening his support beyond his relatively small cadre of young white males. :)

I'm amazed by what amazes you.

5% at this stage of the process means LOSER, and if you knew much of anything about POLITICS you wouldn't have to be taught this lesson. No sane person that knows anything about politics, including Ron Paul, believes he has a ghost of a chance at winning the nomination. He's still in single digits in his own state.

Go read up on "closed primaries" then come back and tell me about how democrats are going to vote for him.

For one, I sure ain't pissing and moaning, as you may think.

Secondly, I still don't think he is actually going to win. His success is his effectiveness at getting recognized even when he is doomed for failure, and showing that a change is possible. He's gotten over one major hurdle that Libertarians tend to have a problem with, and that is raising money. He isn't the most effective, polished politician, so there is no way he will win. He's a success, relatively speaking, because we have not had someone like him get anywhere near the kind of support he's getting. So quit acting like you are teaching me something.

Lastly, I said 'Democrats who have switched over', meaning they will be able to vote in Republican primaries. Seeing how spirited Ron Paul supporters are of his candidacy alone should tell you that the 5% in the polls well end up being more in the primaries, because they WILL go vote. All those young people supporting the guy don't get represented in the polls because history has said that young people aren't a reliable base. Poll takers have a formula, and that formula takes into account that young people tend to be lazy and don't go vote on election day. This group of young people supporting him doesn't seem to be as lazy as history says they are. I'll restate what I said, he won't get just 5%.

In other words he has a message and character that resonates with republican voters.

Who'd a thunk it?

Exactly, saying what the base wants to hear gets you support. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. It does require a little more work to get support running on something the base doesn't support. So you think Ron Paul should start making up policies to get elected?

Exactly, saying what the base wants to hear gets you support. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. It does require a little more work to get support running on something the base doesn't support. So you think Ron Paul should start making up policies to get elected?

You think that RP is not already doing that ?

I find this amusing to say the least..........

Ron Paul has the same initials as Ross Perot...both have alot of money and both low polling and general support...both RP's have a 'energized base'...yet the first one went bust as will the second one also..gotta love all this cheerleading though....:woot:

For one, I sure ain't pissing and moaning, as you may think.

Secondly, I still don't think he is actually going to win. His success is his effectiveness at getting recognized even when he is doomed for failure, and showing that a change is possible. He's gotten over one major hurdle that Libertarians tend to have a problem with, and that is raising money. He isn't the most effective, polished politician, so there is no way he will win. He's a success, relatively speaking, because we have not had someone like him get anywhere near the kind of support he's getting. So quit acting like you are teaching me something.

Lastly, I said 'Democrats who have switched over', meaning they will be able to vote in Republican primaries. Seeing how spirited Ron Paul supporters are of his candidacy alone should tell you that the 5% in the polls well end up being more in the primaries, because they WILL go vote. All those young people supporting the guy don't get represented in the polls because history has said that young people aren't a reliable base. Poll takers have a formula, and that formula takes into account that young people tend to be lazy and don't go vote on election day. This group of young people supporting him doesn't seem to be as lazy as history says they are. I'll restate what I said, he won't get just 5%.

5%, 6% or 8%, what difference does that make?

It's one thing to entertain the overblown hysteria about Paul, but it's an entirely diffrent question about what we do about this country and who leads it. Ron Paul doesn't factor into the future of this country at all by any stretch of the imagination.

Young people are not a reliable base, they are lazy, and cannot be counted on at the polls. There is no news there.

The vast majority of Paul's support comes from white males, and as would be expected from a politician who has that kind of support almost solely, he is meaningless in the wider scheme of American politics.

All these threads and talk about Ron Paul is strickly for entertainment only. He had better hope that he hasn't pissed off to many republicans in his own district or he'll be out of politics forever.

Back