Should childcare be subsidized??

What would you have them do w/ their kids??

my wife stayed home and took care of them until they were old enough to go to school......then she got a part time job that enabled her to be home when school was out......we gave up things like Skidoos and annual summer vacations so we could afford that......

my wife stayed home and took care of them until they were old enough to go to school......then she got a part time job that enabled her to be home when school was out......we gave up things like Skidoos and annual summer vacations so we could afford that......

And it was all worth it I am willing to bet. Good job!

Have you seen the tax credits for daycare? Like anything you might actually get back from the government, it nowhere near offsets the cost. I do not think Wild Bill was referring to universal daycare for non working folks. There would be no reason for that right? If one is fortunate enough to stay home and take care of their children and not work, there would be no need for it. Some employers do pay for it. I do. Not all businesses can afford that though.

Ahhhh the old "if one is fortunate enough" as if it is all just random chance and luck and has nothing to do with individual choices in life.

I already do that. Let me ask you something ILA, is your ignorance self taught or were you born with it?

You pay for a single moms daycare? I don't believe you. But if true, then good for you. Now get more to voluntarily follow your lead and we are on to something

I agree with the expanding "welfare" logic. Welfare to the government as you well know is not just people in need. We give plenty of "welfare" to corporations, special interests, etc. You name it. It is unsustainable. The better use of monies is to put them where they will actually do some good. Like this. Take it out of slush funds or something.

Wow you make it sound so simple.

Back