Suspended for not standing for pledge!

Nobody ever said he should be given 'automatic' respect, however I believe that his position gives him some of that. Just like the judge that you so resent.

I have 0 respect for certian Judges. I do not belive people deserve respect merely for being adults. Sure all people deserve a very basic level of respect, but not to the point of obaying them.

Hell, In a Catholic church, it is required that you sit and not partake in the Communion Ceramony if you are not a Catholic in communion with the church.

Smacks of a hypocrit and coward...!

No, because they have the power to put me in jail. I disagree with the rule, except in the situation where it is required to bring the courtroom to order.

If you really believe your own argument...then why not refuse to stand for the judge and appeal it to the Supreme Court when you get jail time...never mind you are full of shit like all defense attorneys!

Not only WOULDN'T they stand for it there is a federal court case that says they DON"T have to. But because they have another magic reason for not standing we allow it. But if the reason is just I don't talk to flags, that is not magic enough.
Hence the reason they asked the kids why. According to his mother "If they wanted to know why they should have asked him to write a paper..."

Hell, In a Catholic church, it is required that you sit and not partake in the Communion Ceramony if you are not a Catholic in communion with the church.
Because it is sacrament and only for those who believe. It would be rude to take the communion anyway. Don't be silly.

If you really believe your own argument...then why not refuse to stand for the judge and appeal it to the Supreme Court when you get jail time...never mind you are full of shit like all defense attorneys!

I am not willing to fight that fight. I have kids to feed and clients to keep happy. Not only would it cost me money it would cost me in front of the Judge in the future.

I dont fight for every little indiscretion I know about. Do you?

I have 0 respect for certian Judges. I do not belive people deserve respect merely for being adults. Sure all people deserve a very basic level of respect, but not to the point of obaying them.
If you truly believe this and obey these people regardless then either you are being dishonest and do understand how one can, and should, respect the position without respecting the person, or you don't practice what you promote for others.

Because it is sacrament and only for those who believe. It would be rude to take the communion anyway. Don't be silly.

It's hard to keep track of when you are supposed to participate in silly rituals and when it would be rude to participate. Could you make a list so I don't "disrespect" anyone with my "impoliteness?"

No, because they have the power to put me in jail. I disagree with the rule, except in the situation where it is required to bring the courtroom to order.

and how is that different from the teacher/principal having the power to suspend?

Side note: by following the "order" to stand, are you pledging alleigance to the judge and/or the judges beliefs?

It's hard to keep track of when you are supposed to participate in silly rituals and when it would be rude to participate. Could you make a list so I don't "disrespect" anyone with my "impoliteness?"
BS. They tell you not to participate and why. It is only "confusing" to people who want to see this one in black and white.

It is always amazing to me how both sides will start acting stupid when it serves their argument to only see something in one way. They start pretending that there never can be shades of gray. I don't believe that any of you are this simple and reject this argument because of that.

and how is that different from the teacher/principal having the power to suspend?

Side note: by following the "order" to stand, are you pledging alleigance to the judge and/or the judges beliefs?

I imagine Jarod could pursue a different occupation or only engage in transactional matters. Not so sure a student has much of a choice to attend school.

There is nothing un-mannerly in sitting quietly while others stand and talk to the flag. We have all sorts of activities where sitting quietly while others pray or whatever else that society does. You have arbitrarily decided that if I stay sitting quietly while you talk to the flag I have been disrepectful to you. How? What about my sitting quietly is disrepectful? Why are you offended by it? Because I will not acknowledge your acknowledgement of the flag. There is nothing else offensive about it. So once again we are back to school officials being offended by people not showing respect for the flag. Because that is ALL that a person can be offended by when one sits during the pledge.

I'll ask you the same question with regards to Jarods example...

Do you stand when a judge enters the courtroom?

If yes, does that mean you are pledging allegiance to the judge or what the judge believes?

seriously man... how early do you start tapping the bottle every morning?

I see you use the liberal mantra of equating what anyone says that is against your own personal philosophy as being drunk...carry on Mr.Libertarian...straddle the proverbial fence...what I said was in jest...but ya just had to make the drunk comment...ya really need some new material...cupcake!:rolleyes:

I imagine Jarod could pursue a different occupation or only engage in transactional matters. Not so sure a student has much of a choice to attend school.

Sure they do. If the parent and student are offended by this, they can be homeschooled or they can change schools.

I'll ask you the same question with regards to Jarods example...

Do you stand when a judge enters the courtroom?

If yes, does that mean you are pledging allegiance to the judge or what the judge believes?
Nope, when I got my licence I was told to keep it I had to abide by all the rules of the court. I like my licence and I like to make a living from it. So I stand. But as Jarod points out most of the time it is done primarily to bring the court room to quick and quiet order. You may want to compare forced conformity of our children to the decorum of a court room, but they are not the same. Not only that but when kids don't rise in a court room they say NOTHING to them.

I see you use the liberal mantra of equating what anyone says that is against your own personal philosophy as being drunk...carry on Mr.Libertarian...straddle the proverbial fence...what I said was in jest...but ya just had to make the drunk comment...ya really need some new material...cupcake!:rolleyes:

LMAO... you post on "Damo has more friends than you" was not only childish but also irrelevant to the topic being discussed. Given that it was so childish, the question of how much have you been drinking came up. It has nothing to do with liberal or conservative ideologies. It has to do with childish behavior.

BS. They tell you not to participate and why. It is only "confusing" to people who want to see this one in black and white.

It is always amazing to me how both sides will start acting stupid when it serves their argument to only see something in one way. They start pretending that there never can be shades of gray.

OK, so just do whatever "they" tell me? Will do.

And this is a pretty black and white issue. I don't see the gray at all. Students have first amendment rights. Students should obey their teachers for classroom discipline purposes. To accommodate both parties, the students, out of respect for their first amendment rights, should not be ordered to participate in any way but at the same time cannot be disruptive to the learning environment. Sitting quietly accommodates everyone quite nicely.

Well............

I am not willing to fight that fight. I have kids to feed and clients to keep happy. Not only would it cost me money it would cost me in front of the Judge in the future.

I dont fight for every little indiscretion I know about. Do you?

If I really feel strong about a issue I have been known to cross that proverbial bridge...ya only have one shot at life...I would rather lose some money than compromise my values!

If I really feel strong about a issue I have been known to cross that proverbial bridge...ya only have one shot at life...I would rather lose some money than compromise my values!

I dont feel strongly enough about that issue, but I agree with you on issues I feel strongly about.

Back