Taichiliberal, 12b ban 10 days...

Is this the part where we mention the infamous "two sets of rules"? :rofl2:

Yes! It's exactly the proper place to mention "Two Rules".

69xbad.jpg

Nope, it's a reference to the psychos of Toxic's gossip grrrls gang. Maybe I should call them the 3Gs. lol

I guess the mods thought otherwise then. He could have returned two months ago. Unlike the leader of the GGG, he's moved on.
...of which Arby is a minor member. The Kookie Konspiracy Klub...is one definition, so he's definitely in the right group. LOL

Not so sure about Jack. I still have my suspicions of Jakemax. It's not just some suspicious posts, but his reactions to other posts.

OTOH, Jack had some mental issues (bipolarism IMO) and he clearly self-medicated. He could be dead for all we know along with the other MIA members.

...of which Arby is a minor member. The Kookie Konspiracy Klub...is one definition, so he's definitely in the right group. LOL

Not so sure about Jack. I still have my suspicions of Jakemax. It's not just some suspicious posts, but his reactions to other posts.

OTOH, Jack had some mental issues (bipolarism IMO) and he clearly self-medicated. He could be dead for all we know along with the other MIA members.

You're going to make me post that Clarence Darrow quote again, aren't you? :laugh:

Correction accepted. I'll try to keep that in mind from this point on.

Not that there's very many left willing to speak up. On this forum, who here would you consider more conservative to yourself, but still reasonable? A little more or a lot?

I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative. It's an anathema to me that our nation cuts taxes and increases spending. Yes, a civilized nation takes care of the children, the elderly and the infirm. Those who are able should be responsible members of their community. Yes, this includes paying taxes. The fact that the national debt has been allowed to rise for the benefit of present citizens and to the detriment of future citizens is, IMO, irresponsible and unAmerican.

Not that there's very many left willing to speak up. On this forum, who here would you consider more conservative to yourself, but still reasonable? A little more or a lot?

Ummm...I consider everyone here to be more conservative than myself. As for "reasonable"...I stay away from attempting to evaluate that. Even mass murders like Hitler considers themselves to be "reasonable." I accept that people have different opinions on matters (great and small)...and just leave it at that.

I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative.

I understand that you consider that to be "reasonable." I have a very different opinion of it. I see that as someone who sees there are needs to be met that can be met...but prefers not to do so because there will be costs.

For me, a person who is "socially liberal and fiscally conservative" is someone who wants to meet societies needs, but who does not want to pay for it.

It's an anathema to me that our nation cuts taxes and increases spending. Yes, a civilized nation takes care of the children, the elderly and the infirm. Those who are able should be responsible members of their community. Yes, this includes paying taxes. The fact that the national debt has been allowed to rise for the benefit of present citizens and to the detriment of future citizens is, IMO, irresponsible and unAmerican.

Americans pay less taxes than most other countries...and we get less in the way of needed services.

We can tax ourselves less...and just forget about our social obligations...and our future citizens would be better off. But our present citizens will be less well off.

Ummm...I consider everyone here to be more conservative than myself. As for "reasonable"...I stay away from attempting to evaluate that. Even mass murders like Hitler considers themselves to be "reasonable." I accept that people have different opinions on matters (great and small)...and just leave it at that....

Matt Gaetz had an opinion on the "cancelling" of Mr. Potato Head last year. This year Trumpers are shitting themselves because the live action Disney movie "The Little Mermaid" doesn't pass the Brown Paper Bag Test: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...ariel-movie-halle-bailey-ursula-b2166767.html
The backlash against Halle Bailey’s Little Mermaid is as silly as it is predictable

While I fully understand the logic of keeping an open-mind, I also remember Prof. Walter Kotschnig's advice of “not so open that your brains fall out.”

Posts should be considered on their merits first and source second. A person who is clearly a racist moron may, indeed, say something intelligent, but when they post their usual stupid shit, I reserve the reasonable right to call them on it.

In short, I think it's very important that American adults keep both an open mind but also seek to differentiate between the reasonable and unreasonable. Some call it "Critical Thinking".

32q238.jpg

Matt Gaetz had an opinion on the "cancelling" of Mr. Potato Head last year. This year Trumpers are shitting themselves because the live action Disney movie "The Little Mermaid" doesn't pass the Brown Paper Bag Test: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...ariel-movie-halle-bailey-ursula-b2166767.html
The backlash against Halle Bailey’s Little Mermaid is as silly as it is predictable

While I fully understand the logic of keeping an open-mind, I also remember Prof. Walter Kotschnig's advice of “not so open that your brains fall out.”

Posts should be considered on their merits first and source second. A person who is clearly a racist moron may, indeed, say something intelligent, but when they post their usual stupid shit, I reserve the reasonable right to call them on it.

In short, I think it's very important that American adults keep both an open mind but also seek to differentiate between the reasonable and unreasonable. Some call it "Critical Thinking".

32q238.jpg

I agree with you completely...and I hope nothing I said indicates I am not of that mind. Anyone who think that the "reasonable" of todays MAGA crowd is as worthy as the "reasonable" of the anti-MAGA group...is nuts.

I just wanted to stay away from your question about whom I think reasonable among the conservative posters.

The fact that 90% of JPP posters are allowed free access to bandwidth is all the proof that we need;

America is being flushed down history's toilet right now.

I agree with you completely...and I hope nothing I said indicates I am not of that mind. Anyone who think that the "reasonable" of todays MAGA crowd is as worthy as the "reasonable" of the anti-MAGA group...is nuts.

I just wanted to stay away from your question about whom I think reasonable among the conservative posters.

Fair enough. :)

I'm retired so I have more interest in speaking my mind and less interest in hurting the feelings of assholes. LOL

Last edited:
If you recall, Jack and I didn't necessarily get along. But his post did not validate his ban.
typical Louisiana Dem - hard headed. but he did understand the existential threat is China ,not Russia

typical Louisiana Dem - hard headed. but he did understand the existential threat is China ,not Russia

"The existential threat" is not Russia, but it also is not China.

The existential threat is the GOP right now...particularly the MAGA component.

"The existential threat" is not Russia, but it also is not China.

The existential threat is the GOP right now...particularly the MAGA component.

A slight disagreement due to the fact the GOP has been dying of a thousand cuts ever since the acronym "RINO" was allowed to flourish within the Republican Party. Trumpism killed off the GOP in 2018.

The MAGA component is the main existential threat to the US Constitution and the freedom of We, the People.

Back