Taxes were cut, where are the jobs?

Only Rebel could try to discredit reports & data (a.k.a. "facts"), and pretend the CBO is some hyper-partisan agency that works for Obama.

Nice goin', Dix.

Here's what I know... When Bush was president, the unemployment rate in this country was around 5%. It has been around 9% for almost the entirety of Obama's term... Reports, data, and the CBO are NOT going to help you on election night.

Here's what I know... When Bush was president, the unemployment rate in this country was around 5%. It has been around 9% for almost the entirety of Obama's term... Reports, data, and the CBO are NOT going to help you on election night.

Help me? I'm not even voting for Obama.

Nice to hear you say that you don't really care about facts, though.

Help me? I'm not even voting for Obama.

Nice to hear you say that you don't really care about facts, though.

I just gave you real facts... 5% UE vs 9% UE... that IS a FACT!

And it's one you can't gloss over with the CBO, Reports or Data. Obviously, when unemployment is nearly twice as high, you have NOT created jobs, you have most definitely LOST jobs. You, the CBO, Obama and his Momma, can CLAIM you "saved" all the jobs you want... it's not going to save you on election night.

still waiting for your citation on the whole pork thingy.....don't drag me into you and dixie land. why don't you finish what you started about the pork or have you given up?

Why should I get dragged into your pork thingy?

Do your own research. The Energy & Transportation bills under the Bush admin are very well-documented, and acknowledged by legislative wonks on both sides of the aisle as unprecedented in their level of spending, and sheer pork. Clinton signed pork as well - but not like those bills, and not combined with expensive wars, tax cuts, no effort to balance a budget and other fiscal malfeasance. Most fiscal conservatives would gladly trade the Bush years for the Clinton years.

As for Obama, he's not a fiscally responsible President. I think he's made some good effort to improve the economy, but he needs to cut spending much more than he has. I haven't "trumpeted" his pork bills, as you alleged. They don't approach the energy & transportation bills of the Bush admin, however - you should really do your own research on that. And, they aren't combined with much of Bush's other fiscal negligence.

There ya go. Now, you WILL be dragged into Dixieland, because you tried to jump in the middle of it, and take Dix's side that I hadn't "answered his questions." I did, and he basically countered that all of the data provided to the CBO was a lie.

Do you agree with that, or not?

I just gave you real facts... 5% UE vs 9% UE... that IS a FACT!

And it's one you can't gloss over with the CBO, Reports or Data. Obviously, when unemployment is nearly twice as high, you have NOT created jobs, you have most definitely LOST jobs. You, the CBO, Obama and his Momma, can CLAIM you "saved" all the jobs you want... it's not going to save you on election night.

Are you promising election defeat for Dems again?

I love it when you do that. Remember Sarah Barracuda?

LOL

I'm not even voting for Obama.

You know, I am finding it very difficult these days, to locate anyone who will admit they plan to vote for Obama. Still, the polls indicate nearly half the country is still supporting him, so they must be out there.

Are you promising election defeat for Dems again?

Yep... Just like I predicted in 2010, when Republicans took over 600 statehouse seats across the country.

Except, I think 2012 is going to be even worse for Democrats.

I love it when you do that. Remember Sarah Barracuda?

Yes, you mean Sarah Palin, who is still garnering record crowds every time her bus pulls into town, who is now a bestselling author, and considered one of the leaders of the biggest political movement in America in decades.... yeah, why would I have forgotten her?

...and what? NO COMMENT on the FACTS you were just given? Didn't think you had it in ya!

Ah, yes - 2010. You know what they say about a broken clock.

And Palin's a joke, Dix. It's wonderful how much you still idolize her.

Ah, yes - 2010. You know what they say about a broken clock.

And Palin's a joke, Dix. It's wonderful how much you still idolize her.

LMAO... Yep, well... November 6 will be time for the broken clock to be right again, unfortunately.

Last time, the power shift to Republicans was the greatest since Reconstruction... wonder how much more the Dems will lose this time?

And Palin is not running for office, moron. The REAL joke is in the White House.

Why should I get dragged into your pork thingy?

Do your own research. The Energy & Transportation bills under the Bush admin are very well-documented, and acknowledged by legislative wonks on both sides of the aisle as unprecedented in their level of spending, and sheer pork. Clinton signed pork as well - but not like those bills, and not combined with expensive wars, tax cuts, no effort to balance a budget and other fiscal malfeasance. Most fiscal conservatives would gladly trade the Bush years for the Clinton years.

As for Obama, he's not a fiscally responsible President. I think he's made some good effort to improve the economy, but he needs to cut spending much more than he has. I haven't "trumpeted" his pork bills, as you alleged. They don't approach the energy & transportation bills of the Bush admin, however - you should really do your own research on that. And, they aren't combined with much of Bush's other fiscal negligence.

There ya go. Now, you WILL be dragged into Dixieland, because you tried to jump in the middle of it, and take Dix's side that I hadn't "answered his questions." I did, and he basically countered that all of the data provided to the CBO was a lie.

Do you agree with that, or not?

why do i even bother. you make claims, then cry like a baby that others should do YOUR research. i agree with about clinton. not obama. the bills he has signed are every bit as pork laden.

i don't get dragged into discussions where one of the parties makes claims and then cries that he won't back them up. that is not why i post on debate boards. if i wanted to do your research, what is the point of coming here and discussing things with people with different information and viewpoints? i come here to get information that others have, not do your research for you whiner.

edit:

i did not jump in the middle of your argument. try honesty for once in your life onceler. good lord.

why do i even bother. you make claims, then cry like a baby that others should do YOUR research. i agree with about clinton. not obama. the bills he has signed are every bit as pork laden.

i don't get dragged into discussions where one of the parties makes claims and then cries that he won't back them up. that is not why i post on debate boards. if i wanted to do my your research, what is the point of coming here and discussing things? i come here to get information that others have, not do your research for you whiner.

Is this what qualifies as "actual discussion" for you?

What an intellectual wuss. You clamor for "debate," and when someone tries, you cop out. Because you have very little knowledge. As you acknowledge, you didn't pay attention to politics until recently.

How can you say that the bills Obama has signed are "every bit as pork laden?" As you admit, you have no idea what Bush's bills were like.

Incredible.

Actually when Dubya left office the rate was close to todays and climbing. But what's funny is that you think the effects of a severe recession are immediate.

The rate didn't just jump up because Obama was elected, ya know. Even Obama doesn't have that kind of Black Power.

Well, I would agree that most people don't know what their investments, 401Ks, et al are doing to the minute detail...But I think it is human nature to want your investments to do well right? So what is bad about that?

Or are you against any sort of private investing?
I'm against predatory investing...which is what the entire MBS investments were about.

How can you defend the practices that crashed the World economy?

ABACUS

Is a "tax cut" that has been in place for a decade still a "tax cut"? or is it the "tax rate" I guess that depends on whom one wants to blame for the increase.
A tax cut that had an expiration date is just that....a temporary tax rate.

The lame duck Congress of '10, led by the party of NO, put a $400 billion pricetag on repeal of DADT. Obama chose to cave, in order to put another achievement in his portfolio.

So the tax cut was extended for 2 years, and now gay soldiers have the right to be.....gay.

It's still a temporary rate, the expires at the end of this year.

Last edited:
I'm against predatory investing...which is what the entire MBS investments were about.

How can you defend the practices that crashed the World economy?

ABACUS

Absolutely if any company broke the law, then go after them with the full force of that law...You and I agree there. However, the problem was far larger than just the antics of the market players that gambled with investor money, forced to do such by a progressive policy, and tactic that forced them to offer loans to people without documentation of income, and knowing full well that these people could never afford what they were doing. In fact when Franklin Raines was busy securing his $90 million golden parachute, get away money, he had demo's in congress running blocker for him making the argument that nothing was wrong....Where is he today? Neighbor of Chris Dodd maybe in Ireland?

Absolutely if any company broke the law, then go after them with the full force of that law...You and I agree there. However, the problem was far larger than just the antics of the market players that gambled with investor money, forced to do such by a progressive policy, and tactic that forced them to offer loans to people without documentation of income, and knowing full well that these people could never afford what they were doing. In fact when Franklin Raines was busy securing his $90 million golden parachute, get away money, he had demo's in congress running blocker for him making the argument that nothing was wrong....Where is he today? Neighbor of Chris Dodd maybe in Ireland?
Nobody was being forced to make bad loans.

There were myriad players who were all complicit in the scam.

The question is, who made the most money? The cream always rises to the top.

A tax cut that had an expiration date is just that....a temporary tax rate.

The lame duck Congress of '10, led by the party of NO, put a $400 billion pricetag on repeal of DADT. Obama chose to cave, in order to put another achievement in is portfolio.

So the tax cut was extended for 2 years, and now gay soldiers have the right to be.....gay.

It's still a temporary rate, the expires at the end of this year.

Yep, and the president is going to have to run on that as well. Repealing the Bush Tax Cuts.... which he said, incidentally, in Jan 2010-- "would be devastating to the economy." Man that's a tricky rope to walk... First, he has to explain why it wasn't done during his first term, as promised... Then he has to explain why it must be done in his second term, in spite of his own words that it will "devastate the economy." That will be interesting!

Yep, and the president is going to have to run on that as well. Repealing the Bush Tax Cuts.... which he said, incidentally, in Jan 2010-- "would be devastating to the economy." Man that's a tricky rope to walk... First, he has to explain why it wasn't done during his first term, as promised... Then he has to explain why it must be done in his second term, in spite of his own words that it will "devastate the economy." That will be interesting!
Which is why his plan to put money into the pockets of the actual job creators, will be the plan that is pushed this year.

There is no such thing as 'trickle down' job creation.

The only job creators, are those who create demand.

Back