The Ethics of Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between someone who is suicidal and someone who is anorexic is that the anorexic isn't looking to end their existence. That's why. A person who wishes to cease existing should be able to do so peacefully.

aren't they? after they've been told they're dying and that they need to eat?

The difference between someone who is suicidal and someone who is anorexic is that the anorexic isn't looking to end their existence. That's why. A person who wishes to cease existing should be able to do so peacefully.

but why would you take them to the hospital?

suicidal intentions are considered grounds to forcibly give a person an intervention for psychological reasons.

your opinions are not the standard of care and are cold and nazi-istic.

suicidal intentions are considered grounds to forcibly give a person an intervention for psychological reasons.

your opinions are not the standard of care and are cold and nazi-istic.

Well, I'm sorry that you're unable to think for yourself. If someone wants to cease existing, then so be it.

Maybe you're unable to comprehend my post. An anorexic person isn't necessarily suicidal. That's the difference.

both suffer from fatal mental disorders.

being suicidal is considered a disorder needing treatment.

you're making up distinctions to support your nazi views.

your nihilism and death worship and gun grabbing still makes you the nazi in this thread.

Nihilism? I'm sorry that reality sucks, but I choose reality over religious fairy tales.

Death worship? I'm sorry that my respect for your right to die offends you this much.

Gun grabbing? Yes, because the number of gun homicides in countries where guns are illegal is minimal compared to the US. We've had over a hundred mass shootings in the US since the beginning of the year, and it's all thanks to gun lobbyists and idiots like you.

Nihilism? I'm sorry that reality sucks, but I choose reality over religious fairy tales.

Death worship? I'm sorry that my respect for your right to die offends you this much.

Gun grabbing? Yes, because the number of gun homicides in countries where guns are illegal is minimal compared to the US. We've had over a hundred mass shootings in the US since the beginning of the year, and it's all thanks to gun lobbyists and idiots like you.

You frame fatal mental diseases as people exercizing rights.

you're not based in reality, you're based in nihilism.

no health professional who took an oath to protect patients and meant it would agree with you on your take on suicidal thoughts.

You frame fatal mental diseases as people exercizing rights.

you're not based in reality, you're based in nihilism.

no health professional who took an oath to protect patients and meant it would agree with you on your take on suicidal thoughts.

We're still in the dark ages regarding suicide rights, but there are definitely situations where a healthy-minded individual might consider suicide.

On example is someone who lives in extreme poverty with no hope of getting out of it. Another example might be someone who lives in a war-torn country with no hope of escape or a better life. If peaceful euthenasia is something that they would want, then who are you to preach down to them?

We're still in the dark ages regarding suicide rights, but there are definitely situations where a healthy-minded individual might consider suicide.

On example is someone who lives in extreme poverty with no hope of getting out of it. Another example might be someone who lives in a war-torn country with no hope of escape or a better life. If peaceful euthenasia is something that they would want, then who are you to preach down to them?

omg.

you've gone full nazi.

better send extra bullets, murder-tard!

:magagrin:

you should start a charity to raise money for murder kits for victims of trauma, and those suffering other hardships.

you should tax people to pay for their own suicide.

:cheers:

In The Myth of Sisyphus, the 20th century French-Existentialist Albert Camus wrote, “There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest— whether the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories—comes afterwards.”

https://www.philosophersmag.com/essays/310-the-ethics-of-suicide

If all you dems would dig your own gaves, lie in them and die, the world would be a much better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back