The God Equation

It's easy to dismiss the 'existence of god', especially in the sense that he 'looks like Zeus' and 'is a Watchmaker'. But, if you can conceive that people have 'Spirits/Souls', and that after death these 'Souls' move to another 'Dimension/Realm', then you could probably conceive that some 'God Force' exists, even though at our present state of development and knowledge we cannot describe or prove.

It's easy to dismiss the 'existence of god', especially in the sense that he 'looks like Zeus' and 'is a Watchmaker'. But, if you can conceive that people have 'Spirits/Souls', and that after death these 'Souls' move to another 'Dimension/Realm', then you could probably conceive that some 'God Force' exists, even though at our present state of development and knowledge we cannot describe or prove.

As old as Plato. Never believed it.

The question is why would you want that to be true?
Since the beginning of recorded human history, there has never been evidence of life after death. So, the question I have is, why do people want it to be true?

Since the beginning of recorded human history, there has never been evidence of life after death. So, the question I have is, why do people want it to be true?

It has nothing to do with 'want'. It has to do with 'Reality'.
So, like a 'God Force', is there 'Life after Death'?

So. Interesting Question. I don't know. I'm open to be convinced either way.

It has nothing to do with 'want'. It has to do with 'Reality'.
So, like a 'God Force', is there 'Life after Death'?

So. Interesting Question. I don't know. I'm open to be convinced either way.

Look at the consequences. If there is life after death, how would you act? If there is not, how would you act.
For myself, if there is life after death there is nothing I would do differently than I do not believing in it.

You don’t see the whole picture

The ancients had reason to believe in things after life

Just like people do today

Experiences

Look at the consequences. If there is life after death, how would you act? If there is not, how would you act.
For myself, if there is life after death there is nothing I would do differently than I do not believing in it.

The point is that it's a possibility. Similar to the possibility of what could be called a GodForce.
So, if you can concede it's 'possible', then you would have to refer to yourself as an 'agnostic' when it comes to the 'God' Question, since in the Realm of the Unknown, anything is possible.

I agree. You have to live THIS Life in your view of what is Real. If there is a 'Level 2' (or 3,4, and 5), you have to live THAT Life when (if) you get there.

Fischer received his undergraduate degree from Stanford University and his Ph.D. from Cornell in 1982.[1] He began his teaching career at Yale University, where he taught for almost a decade before joining the faculty at the University of California, Riverside.

In June 2011, Fischer was elected Vice-President of the Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association and became President of the Pacific Division in 2013.[1]

Back