The God Equation

The point is that it's a possibility. Similar to the possibility of what could be called a GodForce.
So, if you can concede it's 'possible', then you would have to refer to yourself as an 'agnostic' when it comes to the 'God' Question, since in the Realm of the Unknown, anything is possible.

Since I never understood why people want life after death I consider it possible but trivial.
It is possible an invisible turtle holds up the earth. But why base my life on its possibility.

My point about agnosticism is that your belief about plausibility makes it a viable possibility. Is there life after death? Is an invisible turtle holding up the earth? Both are possible but have zero affect on what I think is real and how I live.

If life after death is plausible then you are not really agnostic because you believe it is plausible.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Martin_Fischer

John Martin Fischer (born December 26, 1952) is an American philosopher. He is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, Riverside and a leading contributor to the philosophy of free will and moral responsibility.[1]

The neurosurgeon that describes his experiences when he had been observed by the entire medical field declared that his outer brain was dead and puss filled do to an infectious illness

CAUTION: this poster forgot to fully investigate

Last edited:
Since I never understood why people want life after death I consider it possible but trivial.
It is possible an invisible turtle holds up the earth. But why base my life on its possibility.

My point about agnosticism is that your belief about plausibility makes it a viable possibility. Is there life after death? Is an invisible turtle holding up the earth? Both are possible but have zero affect on what I think is real and how I live.

If life after death is plausible then you are not really agnostic because you believe it is plausible.

I try to live in Reality. What I can see, feel, and touch. 'Gods' and/or 'Life after Death' don't affect me either way. Whether they are 'real' or not, doesn't affect my Life.
My view (agnostic) is that there are many possibilities. I think it's called 'Having an Open Mind'.

My view (agnostic) is that there are many possibilities. I think it's called 'Having an Open Mind'.

No, it is being unable to make decisions and analyze your own beliefs. You leave them vague. An open mind that refuses to make judgements can make no distinctions between the true and false, the important and the trivial.

If anything can be true because it is possible, then truth has no value.

No, it is being unable to make decisions and analyze your own beliefs. You leave them vague. An open mind that refuses to make judgements can make no distinctions between the true and false, the important and the trivial.

Want a little tyrant

This guy has major issues

Both this neurosurgeon and the professor have more education and research hours than us combined

I think I will place more trust in their conclusions than most posters here

Last edited:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Martin_Fischer

John Martin Fischer (born December 26, 1952) is an American philosopher. He is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, Riverside and a leading contributor to the philosophy of free will and moral responsibility.[1]

Fischer received his undergraduate degree from Stanford University and his Ph.D. from Cornell in 1982.[1] He began his teaching career at Yale University, where he taught for almost a decade before joining the faculty at the University of California, Riverside.

In June 2011, Fischer was elected Vice-President of the Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association and became President of the Pacific Division in 2013.[1]

Quite an education huh

Last edited:

hahaha ... 'Beliefs'. Some things are 'provable' and some things are just 'possibilities'. I have No Problem having an Open Mind to 'Possibilities'.
You seem to be stuck in the 'True/Not True' universe.
2,000 years ago, you would become furious that anyone would believe the Earth was NOT flat. Anyone that mentioned it might be possible the Earth was round would send you into a ballistic rage. You couldn't accept 'maybe' as an Answer. You remind me of the Spanish Inquisition. Whoever didn't accept the 'Accepted Truth' of the time was tortured and killed.

hahaha ... 'Beliefs'. Some things are 'provable' and some things are just 'possibilities'. I have No Problem having an Open Mind to 'Possibilities'.
You seem to be stuck in the 'True/Not True' universe.
2,000 years ago, you would become furious that anyone would believe the Earth was NOT flat. Anyone that mentioned it might be possible the Earth was round would send you into a ballistic rage. You couldn't accept 'maybe' as an Answer. You remind me of the Spanish Inquisition. Whoever didn't accept the 'Accepted Truth' of the time was tortured and killed.

Silly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eben_Alexander_(author)

Oh what a blubbering Buffoon I am

See what happens if I get all relaxed and start to talk only side stuff

I never researched my self this neurosurgeon

He does have reason to CREATE this story

He has great schooling but got in trouble for medical procedures

He performed a surgery in an unsanctioned location

Happens to me when I begin to fail to research everything and everyone related to a story

This man had financial reasons to concoct his story

He had nicks in his practice history

That would certainly change his income

Looks like a couple of years later he got sick and nearly died from an infectious disease

And survived

It also seems his dr disagrees with him on his brain state at the time

This man had many reasons to lie

Damn

Sorry folks

I’ll go start an apology thread in the name of all that’s decent

A mistake left to fester out of pride is nothing more than a lie

This is a talk with questions after

By a well respected scholar on the subject

He mentions this neurosurgeons case

The neurosurgeons story has been accepted by the field due to his documentation and noted respect in his field

When he came out of the comma he had no memory of this world and the life he had lived before the illness

He could not even understand language

A few days after he could speak and understand speach

His adult son told him he needed to write it all down before he researched anything about this type of experience

He did

After he recovered he delved into the subject

He then saw all the patterns in other reported experiences

I think he experienced being in the string theory structure

No need to feel bad you had the character to admit a mistake.

Besides, the nature of consciousness is still a legitimate scientific and philosophical topic. It's not like you were posting Kraken conspiracy theories

A mistake like this left to set

Is just a lie made out of a small ego

It’s amazing how truth fixes all

I now feel awesome

And not ashamed

I did my best to make it right

Back