The Gospel of Thomas

Well I respect that, but I know of no physical laws or chemical laws of the universe that compel justice, equality, fairness, a belief in beauty.

I've never had a dog or cat that showed appreciation for a painting or a beautiful sunset.

Anyone who has been around self-centered three year olds knows that fairness and equality are not concepts that are natural and innate to them

None of this proves or disproves anything about an Abrahamic God, The Dao, or any divine spirits.

What I am saying is that I think we are kidding ourselves if we think everything about the human experience can be explained by laws of chemistry, physics, or mathmatical equations.

Exactly right! Now break on through to the Spirit world and you're home !

Did someone engineer this, or did it come to being by dumb luck of atoms?

What do you mean "dumb luck of atoms"? Curious because atoms don't interact solely by "luck". Yes there is a role for statistical behaviors during reactions (the molecules need to hit each other at the right speed and orientation), but their interactions are governed by various RULES which bias the results to one thing or another as opposed to just random chance.

What do you mean "dumb luck of atoms"? Curious because atoms don't interact solely by "luck". Yes there is a role for statistical behaviors during reactions (the molecules need to hit each other at the right speed and orientation), but their interactions are governed by various RULES which bias the results to one thing or another as opposed to just random chance.

Who's the engineer?

While it is impossible to prove a negative, it seems quite irrational to accept EVERYTHING until it has been disproven.

I suppose then one would have to worship Odin, Zeus, Aharu Mazda and Krishna as well as God using this metric of not dismissing anything until you have 100% proof that it is not true.

no one is required to believe anything they don't want to.......

So with no direction at all a human body just evolved from single cell animals? Is that what you're selling?

Well, we do have lots of fossils showing development over time of various animals (including humans), so yeah, that's what science is selling.

What is your hypothesis?

Back