Theology Question

So, you claim to know what theology is about. But you insist theology is about how to be a good parent.

No dumb ass I was giving you an example of why your OP is so asinine! And like a parent God treats mankind like he does. It is clear you are too ignorant to understand the example. But then that is expected of someone like you with a double digit IQ.

No dumb ass I was giving you an example of why your OP is so asinine! and like a parent God treats mankind like he does. It is clear you are too ignorant to understand the example. But then that is expected of someone like you with a double digit IQ.

Why do you believe God is like a parent?

Why do you believe God is like a parent?
IMO, it's the other way around; humans anthropomorphize God as a parent. Examples: "God the father", "Mother Nature".

Some people idealize their childhood because of their past innocence; the bliss of being an ignorant child with all of their needs provided by a parent. As an adult, they realize nobody gives shit and they are on their own. Some people relish this, others are broken by it.

When I left home, I didn't look back for almost a decade. Sure, I loved my parents and called them every once in a while, but I'd have rather lived in a tent than ask them for money. I valued my independence.

Breaking from religion is like that too. Some people need it, and that's fine with me. I'd never seek to deprive them of it.

OTOH, religions are not for me. Dogma is not for me. Spirituality is another matter, since it's the simple recognize that there is something far greater than ourselves.

Cyrpress:

Obviously BP has decided that the best way to run away from a losing position, is to call the person who is handing him his ass a "troll."

Even though I agree with him on some political stances...HE IS A LOSER.

Thanks for your intelligent contributions to the thread.

I know more than you. You are too cowardly to debate me.

fuck you!

You seem to lack self control, are foul mouthed, and filled with rage.

You are exactly the type of person that could benefit from studying world religious ethical traditions, because if taken to heart they teach practical ways to live a balanced, temperate, stable life free from the disease of anger, resentment, and grievance.

I could see you benefiting from careful study of Stoicism or Daoism.

You seem to lack self control, are foul mouthed, and filled with rage.

You are exactly the type of person that could benefit from studying world religious ethical traditions, because if taken to heart they teach practical ways to live a balanced, temperate, stable life free from the disease of anger, resentment, and grievance.

I could see you benefiting from careful study of Stoicism or Daoism.

Another reason I suspect her of being a younger woman with little to no college education. She's very emotional, almost overwrought.

Another reason I suspect her of being a younger woman with little to no college education. She's very emotional, almost overwrought.

Over attachment to rage, hostility, grievance is a type of slavery, and that is exactly the type of thing The Buddha, Laozi, Confucius, Jesus were teaching people to free themselves of.

Regardless, the law holds you accountable like you do have Free Will. If I were in charge, I'd make more room for mental illness as a factor but neither party does more than give lip-service to the idea.

https://cops.usdoj.gov/html/dispatch/05-2022/mental_health_reentry.html

Although there are limits, I side with those who believe a healthy adult has free will in their overall decision-making. Consider like a trout in a fast moving stream; they have limited freedom to choose where they move in the stream bed including those bound by its genetics and the physics of water flow, but there is always the element of choice AKA Free Will. Greater choice for humans, IMO, than for fish.

True about the law and about both sides as well.

As for the rest, there are multiple reasonable theories in terms of probability, but as for actually knowing for sure, I don't think that we do.
I'm sure that I don't.

Unknown, but I believe part of it is by choice. More free time does allow for higher thoughts. Education. After all, how much English composition does a subsistence farmer use daily?

Donuts. Ummmmm...... Krispy Kreme ruined me for all other donuts...which now I avoid except for Krisypy Kreme. Unfortunately, I haven't seen one in years.

Krispy Kreme is almost if not actually extinct around here, but it was always dwarfed by Dunkin Donuts in the Northeast. They were pretty good, though.
Dunkin Donuts are ok, but certainly not up to the standards of hand cut donuts from some mom and pop owned coffee shops tht I liked.
Too bad the latter are nearly extinct. Life constantly changes, this being especially apparent to urban seniors but probably to most others too.

Krispy Kreme is almost if not actually extinct around here, but it was always dwarfed by Dunkin Donuts in the Northeast. They were pretty good, though.
Dunkin Donuts are ok, but certainly not up to the standards of hand cut donuts from some mom and pop owned coffee shops tht I liked.
Too bad the latter are nearly extinct. Life constantly changes, this being especially apparent to urban seniors but probably to most others too.

^another moronic troll

Over attachment to rage, hostility, grievance is a type of slavery, and that is exactly the type of thing The Buddha, Laozi, Confucius, Jesus were teaching people to free themselves of.

^^^^Cypress always agrees with Dutch and vice versa. They are the two bestest friends on JPP. Almost as if they are of one mind.

The only Krispy Kreme shop I know of around here is the one in the entrance promenade of Penn Station. It is adjacent to a pizza place that has some excellent pizza considering the location. The Krispy Kreme fillers are much better than the Dunkin Donuts fillers.

A careful study of Stoicism gives pretty good insight on self control and anger management.

But short of that, a lot of people go to mental health counseling to deal with rage issues

Agreed about Stoicism and mental health counseling. Some might benefit simply through calming exercises. Taking 10 slow breaths is a common one. The “54321” method works too but requires memorizing the game.

https://www.connecticutchildrens.or...ce-is-mindfulness-calming-exercises-for-kids/

This one has Youtube videos of each technique.
https://www.mind.org.uk/need-urgent...p-myself-cope/relaxing-and-calming-exercises/

Back