Tire-gauge gate, part deux

Dude, you can go round and round with this idiot all day. He'll say humans have hardly anything to do with global warming, and then he'll claim he's not a global warming denialist five minutes later.

You're beating your head against a brick wall with this hack. You sure that's a productive use of your time? There's actually some informed, non-partisan hackish posters here who are worthwhile to invest time engaging with.

Yeah, I know - all very true. I figured I'd keep him going for a few more rounds though, in case any newbies join the board this morning, just to give them fair warning on the best they can expect from this Bush/McCain lackey.

McCain's "all of the above" strategy, beyond drilling and heavily subsidizing nuclear power, is pretty weak tea.
More simplification. That is the bridge, his plan includes serious alt-energy research.

It really is "all of the above".

http://www.newsvirginian.com/wnv/news/local/article/mccain_camp_to_outline_energy_policy/25764/

The McCain plan, known as the Lexington Project, supports additional drilling, an expanded use of nuclear energy and additional research while investing in alternative energy sources.

Weak tea is people who project their wishes onto something rather than knowing about it.

"But as you are aware, in an election this type of spin is consistent on both sides. But I know.... it is a lie when McCain or the Reps do it, but not a lie when Obama and the Dems do it.

Good little lemming that you are."

Man, is that getting tiresome. First, it is the umpteenth time you have fallen back on "they do it too!", as though we can't really point out dishonesty anymore, because if we do, we have to point to ALL the dishonesty, used by EVERYONE, or we're good little lemmings.

Second, it ignores the fact that distortion has been the m.o. of McCain's campaign so far. He has run a dishonest campaign on basically everything for the past month or so, and has misrepresented Obama's positions at every turn. Obama has NOT done this; you have an argument about his use of the "100 years" comment (which, btw, McCain DID say), but that's it. He has not made it systemic as McCain has, and you have blinders on if you are oblivious to that.

On that I will agree. He has not done it as much as McCain. Which is normally the case when someone has a commanding lead. Now that the lead has shrunk... look to what Darla posted..... now you start a move on the left that suggests offshore drilling is "McCains plan". Now you start to see Obama with his ad that "McCain is in big oils pocket" and implying that makes McCain another Bush.

Amazing that he came back to those tactics once the lead shrank. But I know.... we are supposed to be pretending that it is just the Reps that are so good at these types of attacks.

It had to be. It is why both he and McCain are now shifting towards a "lets do everything we can".

An ever increasing majority of Americans are thinking along these lines now. They don't give a shit about the partisan bickering. They want lower energy prices as fast as possible. Blocking alt energy expansion or domestic fossil fuel production expansion is no longer acceptable.

I think that has been the biggest benefit of Pickens ads... once you put it into dollar terms.... $700 billion a year being shipped overseas.... people take notice.
Yeah, it wasn't much of a prediction. But I was repeatedly told that "we can't drill our way out" as the answer/argument against what I was saying. It doesn't matter how much you point out how inane that is when faced with an even more comprehensive solution and a drive towards reduction of demand coupled with the drilling and releasing other sources to run vehicles....

But heck, simplification is "lies" and their side doesn't do it. :rolleyes:

On that I will agree. He has not done it as much as McCain. Which is normally the case when someone has a commanding lead. Now that the lead has shrunk... look to what Darla posted..... now you start a move on the left that suggests offshore drilling is "McCains plan". Now you start to see Obama with his ad that "McCain is in big oils pocket" and implying that makes McCain another Bush.

Amazing that he came back to those tactics once the lead shrank. But I know.... we are supposed to be pretending that it is just the Reps that are so good at these types of attacks.

Holy shit; did you just use a snippet from Darla's post and segway into "he came back to those tactics" seamlessly...implying that what Darla wrote is what the campaign is saying?

Wow. Just wow.

Dude, you can go round and round with this idiot all day. He'll say humans have hardly anything to do with global warming, and then he'll claim he's not a global warming denialist five minutes later.

You're beating your head against a brick wall with this hack. You sure that's a productive use of your time? There's actually some informed, non-partisan hackish posters here who are worthwhile to invest time engaging with.

You are such a lying piece of shit. How many times are you going to attempt the same ignorant strawman?

"On that I will agree. He has not done it as much as McCain"

Forgot to add...are we now not "good little lemmings" anymore, because you FINALLY admitted this after 40 posts, and it turns out that we were telling the truth?

" I made fun of the faux outrage from the lefties on this board that are cryinig that McCain "lied" about this.... because McCain spun it in this manner."

Obama suggested checking tires as a means for average Americans to save on their gas bill.

McCain & his minions have been saying that this is his entire plan, and that he thinks it is the way we can eliminate our dependency on foreign oil.

Give me a yes or no on this, Superfreak: is that depiction of Obama's position a lie?

I have already stated that it is a complete misrepresentation of his position. He took a snippet and spun it. So yes, it is a lie.

Now... will you admit that Obamas "100 years of war" campaign was a lie?

Will you admit that the depiction that offshore drilling is McCains solution is a lie?

SF I’m trying to ignore you today, because I don’t feel like getting into a big fight, but you should know something – I have been advocating hitting that slimy, dementia-ridden motherfucker since day one. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m on neither Obama’s nor the DNC’s payroll. It doesn’t matter what the hell I say.

But you are a faux-equivalence King. Everything with you is “they do it too”. But they don’t. That’s what myself, and people like me ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT. How many times are we going to let your friends kick us in the balls and ask for more, while you pretend you didn’t see anything?

Obama is not the fighter I had hoped for. To add on top of that, you fuckers whining as if he has played dirty, well that’s when I want to start kicking some ass. That’s the old Rove trick of “Point and scream your head off” so they don’t notice what we’re doing. Try and pass that off on Top. I’m on to it and have been for years.

Forgot to add...are we now not "good little lemmings" anymore, because you FINALLY admitted this after 40 posts, and it turns out that we were telling the truth?
Side note: this post, by default, admits that SF was right and that both sides use oversimplification during campaign ads. If you call it "lies" from one side, then this post clearly points out that SF was right and both sides "lie".

It is also taken out of context with a direct reason why the person who was behind in the polls uses it a bit more than the other side removed, also removed was a reason why we will see an increase in the same type of ads from the other side.

You are such a lying piece of shit. How many times are you going to attempt the same ignorant strawman?

Everytime you call someone a liar, a partisan hack, a leg humper, its obvious your projecting yourself onto other people.

Please don't pretend I didn't post a direct quote from you saying that you personally believed that humans have very little to do with global warming. I posted it here, straight from the fullpolitics archives.

Side note: this post, by default, admits that SF was right and that both sides use oversimplification during campaign ads.

It is also taken out of context with a direct reason why the person who was behind in the polls uses it a bit more than the other side and why we will see an increase in the same type of ads from the other side.

Damo & Superfreak, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

No you are still good little lemming for starting such a pathetic thread to begin with. Crying about tactics that your messiah himself uses when the race is close or when he is behind is quite pathetic yet worthy of such a lemming.

Or are we going to pretend the "McCain is in big oils pocket" is an honest campaign? Especially given that Obama has also taken campaign money from people who work for big oil. Especially given the irrational hatred the left has drummed up against the ever evil big oil. The current boogeyman the left has created to create fear and anger among the populace.

Damo & Superfreak, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
Awwww. Another sad attempt at the "you're gay" 'insult'. Weaker than most ad hominems this particular one is an example of a total and complete defeat. Walled off with nothing more to add they throw in the 7th grade, "you're gay!" and think they've distracted from their total lack of ammunition. This is like somebody who brought a piece of string to the knife fight.

It might have carried more weight had you actually had a counterpoint to the post. Instead it just points out that you think "gay" is so bad that you use it in attempts to 'insult' others.

More simplification. That is the bridge, his plan includes serious alt-energy research.

It really is "all of the above".

http://www.newsvirginian.com/wnv/news/local/article/mccain_camp_to_outline_energy_policy/25764/

Weak tea is people who project their wishes onto something rather than knowing about it.

It includes some token alt-energy research, nothing that even approaches the broad and robust alternative energy proposals that Obama is pushing, which is why I characterized it as weak tea as opposed to non-existent, although it is virtually non-existent.

I've read both plans, something you clearly haven't done, otherwise you wouldn't quote that article. You would instead quote the McCain plan.

He really has very very little when it comes to alternative energy development as compared to Obama.

"No you are still good little lemming for starting such a pathetic thread to begin with. Crying about tactics that your messiah himself uses when the race is close or when he is behind is quite pathetic yet worthy of such a lemming."

That was quick; this has already become reality for you. You use a snippet from Darla's post to "prove" that Obama's campaign is now consistently stooping to McCain's level, and a few posts later, it's a foregone conclusion for you.

You're a real piece of work; this thread is a textbook lesson on insane, nutty logic right-wing spin & distraction. I don't think I've seen it's equal.

McCain's "all of the above" strategy, beyond drilling and heavily subsidizing nuclear power, is pretty weak tea.

Which is yet another distortion... McCain wants ALL sources... he changed to this position a couple months before your messiah did. They both see that we have to explore every option. ALL sources. It is just taking 'the One' a bit longer to catch on to including the drilling. I guess he was waiting for the public opinion to break 60% before he jumped on board.

No you are still good little lemming for starting such a pathetic thread to begin with. Crying about tactics that your messiah himself uses when the race is close or when he is behind is quite pathetic yet worthy of such a lemming.

Or are we going to pretend the "McCain is in big oils pocket" is an honest campaign? Especially given that Obama has also taken campaign money from people who work for big oil. Especially given the irrational hatred the left has drummed up against the ever evil big oil. The current boogeyman the left has created to create fear and anger among the populace.

McCain has flip-flopped on off shore drilling, and on giving the oil companies ADDITIONAL tax breaks. He has also done this, apparently, after receiving large, and bundled cash from the oil companies. (that’s going to be breaking btw, it’s a little thing called facts, brace yourself).
McCain IS in big oil’s pockets, and right there is your problem. Your dirty filthy party fights with lies, and gets hit with the truth and you whine “that’s not trueeee” in a desperate hope for false equivalence. But it is true.

So cry to top the oil whore. The rest of us are on to this old trick.

I have already stated that it is a complete misrepresentation of his position. He took a snippet and spun it. So yes, it is a lie.

Now... will you admit that Obamas "100 years of war" campaign was a lie?

Will you admit that the depiction that offshore drilling is McCains solution is a lie?

Obama had nothing to do with that ad, whereas McCain's campaign and McCain himself have lied about Obama.

Awwww. Another sad attempt at the "you're gay" 'insult'. Weaker than most ad hominems this particular one is an example of a total and complete defeat. Walled off with nothing more to add they throw in the 7th grade, "you're gay!" and think they've distracted from their total lack of ammunition. This is like somebody who brought a piece of string to the knife fight.

It might have carried more weight had you actually had a counterpoint to the post. Instead it just points out that you think "gay" is so bad that you use it in attempts to 'insult' others.

No, it's all been just stupid. Nothing Superfreak has pointed to approaches the dishonesty of portraying Obama's tire guage remark as his only plan to ween us off of foreign oil, and Superfreak himself has admitted that McCain has done this more frequently, and can't point to anything aside from the "100 years" debate to back up what you're saying (although, his contention that Obama is now stooping to McCain's level because of something Darla wrote is as solid as it gets...)

Back