Trump Is Constitutionally Barred From Holding Office.

He was not charged with insurrection anywhere at all, mostly because there is no evidence for such a charge and they know it. Believe me they would have charged him with it if they could... So... No, he isn't. Only idiots believe inane "suggestions" like this.

We shall see, I said long ago that this looks like the plan. Since the Constitution is over the Regime will simply make the proclamation. I doubt very much that SCOTUS would object, they have been successfully threatened into submission.

Based on the 14th amendment to our constitution it would be unconstitutional for Trump to hold office. Any state has every right to say we are not going to allow someone on our ballot that is ineligible to hold office.

Our constitution states clearly.....

“No person shall … hold any office, under the United States … who, having previously taken an oath … to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.”

So, in your delusional opinion Trump is already guilty, tried in the court of public opinion, and should be imprisoned hum? How Stalinist of you.

He was not charged with insurrection anywhere at all, mostly because there is no evidence for such a charge and they know it. Believe me they would have charged him with it if they could... So... No, he isn't. Only idiots believe inane "suggestions" like this.

Trump does not have to be found guilty of anything.

Conservative Case Emerges to Disqualify Trump for Role on Jan. 6
“Donald Trump cannot be president — cannot run for president, cannot become president, cannot hold office — unless two-thirds of Congress decides to grant him amnesty for his conduct on Jan. 6.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/10/us/trump-jan-6-insurrection-conservatives.html

Is Trump disqualified for the N.H. primary?
CONCORD, N.H. — A debate among constitutional scholars over former president Donald Trump’s eligibility for the 2024 presidential race has reverberated through the public consciousness in recent weeks and reached the ears of New Hampshire’s top election official.

Secretary of State David Scanlan, who will oversee the first-in-the-nation presidential primary in just five months, said he’s received several letters lately that urge him to take action based on a legal theory that claims the Constitution empowers him to block Trump from the ballot. Scanlan, a Republican, said he’s listening and will seek legal advice to ensure that his team thoroughly understands the arguments at play.

New Hampshire is contemplating removing Trump from the republican primary ballot in their state. They also have every right to do it.

14th Amendment, Section 3: A new legal battle against Trump takes shape
If the public record is accurate, the case is not even close. He is no longer eligible to the office of Presidency,"

"The disqualification clause operates independently of any such criminal proceedings and, indeed, also independently of impeachment proceedings and of congressional legislation," they wrote. "The clause was designed to operate directly and immediately upon those who betray their oaths to the Constitution, whether by taking up arms to overturn our government or by waging war on our government by attempting to overturn a presidential election through a bloodless coup."

Legal experts across the ideological spectrum agree: The 14th Amendment disqualifies Trump from holding office
Experts and academics across the ideological spectrum believe that Donald Trump is disqualified under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution. Leading conservative and progressive figures are in agreement that the Constitution bars Trump from assuming office again and must be enforced.

Could Trump be barred under the constitution’s ‘engaged in insurrection’ clause?

Experts suggest language in section 3 of 14th amendment is ‘actually very clearcut’ and could mean disqualification
Disqualification under the 14th amendment does not require a criminal conviction The push to disqualify Trump is likely to play out at the state level in parallel to both the federal and state cases criminally charging Trump and allies in connection with their efforts to overturn the election. Letters to election officials in 10 states urging them to declare Trump ineligible to run for office under the 14th amendment. Litigation in several states to disqualify Trump from the ballot have already begun.

If a state decides that Trump is ineligible there is nothing the federal govt can do to force them to have his name on their ballot.

The Soviet style show trials will happen soon enough....no different from the impeachments.

Your life is very dark and very sad. Very depressing. Have you considered listening to happier music? Going happier a church or social meeting?

And then we'll get down there, way down to the very bottom of everything
And then we'll see it, oh, we'll see it, we'll see it, we'll see it!
Oh, my morning's coming back
The whole world's waking up
All the city buses swimming past
I'm happy just because
I found out I am really no one

So, in your delusional opinion Trump is already guilty, tried in the court of public opinion, and should be imprisoned hum? How Stalinist of you.

Trump tried to overturn a perfectly valid and fair election and if a state decides that makes him ineligible to hold office then they have every right to not allow his name on their ballot. That is all I said.

Your life is very dark and very sad. Very depressing. Have you considered listening to happier music? Going happier a church or social meeting?

And then we'll get down there, way down to the very bottom of everything
And then we'll see it, oh, we'll see it, we'll see it, we'll see it!
Oh, my morning's coming back
The whole world's waking up
All the city buses swimming past
I'm happy just because
I found out I am really no one

Don't cry just because your hero isn't going to be president.

Trump tried to overturn a perfectly valid and fair election and if a state decides that makes him ineligible to hold office then they have every right to not allow his name on their ballot. That is all I said.

By your standard, Al Gore should be a co-defendant. His election contest ended up in the Supreme Court after weeks of fighting in Florida where he sent a whole pack of lawyers to argue for recount after recount, and haggle over every ballot and whether it should count and how.

Your claim is no more valid than his.

Based on the 14th Amendment Georgia has every right to declare Trump ineligible and not allow him on their ballot.

He needs to be convicted first for that to apply.

The only way the 14th amendment applies is if Trump is found guilty of insurrection or rebellion and he isn't even charged with that in Georgia.

There is no way to keep him off the ballot legally.

It requires a conviction, and it requires conviction of treason.

There is no conviction. And Trump committed no treason.

Biden has several times, though:
* Giving weapons and supplies to the enemy in time of war.
* Inviting invasion of the United States.
* Inciting civil war.

No, it does not require a conviction.

He needs to be convicted first for that to apply.

The only way the 14th amendment applies is if Trump is found guilty of insurrection or rebellion and he isn't even charged with that in Georgia.

There is no way to keep him off the ballot legally.

Not that the Left cares. They think he shouldn't be on the ballot, therefore he will not be on the ballot...

Not that the Left cares. They think he shouldn't be on the ballot, therefore he will not be on the ballot...

...because democracy rules over pedophile traitors? Because Democrats are so much smarter than the Pedo Don fans?

To what do you attribute this continued superiority of Leftists over RW traitors, Terry?

The Deep State? Like Navy veterans? LOL

...because democracy rules over pedophile traitors? Because Democrats are so much smarter than the Pedo Don fans?

To what do you attribute this continued superiority of Leftists over RW traitors, Terry?

The Deep State? Like Navy veterans? LOL

A combination of bribes and treachery.

I hope he is on the ballot because if he is the right loses. Although if he isn't on the ballot the MAGA shitheads won't turn out to vote and the right loses. ;)

Back